Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

The Swan is about one half the size of the Dolphin's number of rooms. No major difference in King rooms. We like the layout of the Swan bathrooms slightly more than the Dolphin.

There is a difference in Standard rooms: Dolphin bedding is 2 Doubles and the Swan is 2 Queens. The Dolphin rooms just completed their room renovations and the Swan rooms were done just before that. The Swan is finishing with the lobby refresh and public spaces. This work started in late August ans should be done before January.

Dave

I'm looking at booking a 4 night stay using Southwest points for DH and I for 4 nights in February for FREE!!! I can either get a standard King room at the Swan for 196k points or the Dolphin for 166k points - is the Swan worth the additional 30k points?? We are both going into this weekend knowing that either hotel are not Disney-crazy themed but we're just excited to be going for a kid-free weekend!!

We have no previous experience with either hotel so I'm a little torn on which one is better/nicer. I understand they're attached so perhaps there's not a benefit of one over the other in that regards - and they're both close to HS and Epcot....and the restaurants in either hotel are easily accessible.

So, I guess I'm asking which hotel has a nicer room??? The view doesn't really care, but I want a nice room...

thanks experts!!
They’re not technically attached but they’re right next to each other. I personally like the Swan better because it has queen beds versus the full size beds at Dolphin. However, I would most likely save the 30k points and stay Dolphin.
Have a great trip!

They’re not technically attached but they’re right next to each other. I personally like the Swan better because it has queen beds versus the full size beds at Dolphin. However, I would most likely save the 30k points and stay Dolphin.
Have a great trip!
well, I couldn't help myself and I went ahead and spent the extra 30k points on the Swan!! I think that we'll be happier in the newer rooms there..

CAN'T wait!!

I've booked dining and just bought tickets from Undercover Tourist and ready linked them to my Disney account!!

well, I couldn't help myself and I went ahead and spent the extra 30k points on the Swan!! I think that we'll be happier in the newer rooms there..

CAN'T wait!!

I've booked dining and just bought tickets from Undercover Tourist and ready linked them to my Disney account!!
You’re going to love it! I personally like the showers better at the Swan too. And I like the smaller feel of the hotel in general. Have an awesome trip!

and.....what form of transportation is most commonly used to get to/from MCO and the Swan/Dolphin. I did read the transportation page and saw the options available but I wasn't sure what mode "most" people used?

Does anyone know how much an Uber/Lyft would be for 2 adults and 2 bags??

thanks again!

Another underrated form of transportation is car rental. Dolphin has a National and Alamo Car Rental desks. I often rent a car at the airport, make a stop at the store for groceries and supplies, and turn it in the same day at the hotel. That way, you have the freedom to make any stops you need to on the way to the hotel, but can just turn the car in at check in. Same on the way out; sometimes we just do our souvenir shopping at WOD on the way to the airport. Of course, this is all dependent on those companies having good rates on that day!

Another underrated form of transportation is car rental. Dolphin has a National and Alamo Car Rental desks. I often rent a car at the airport, make a stop at the store for groceries and supplies, and turn it in the same day at the hotel. That way, you have the freedom to make any stops you need to on the way to the hotel, but can just turn the car in at check in. Same on the way out; sometimes we just do our souvenir shopping at WOD on the way to the airport. Of course, this is all dependent on those companies having good rates on that day!
Is the car rental process at MCO "easy?" Meaning, is it right there, or do you have to take a shuttle to the car rental sites? We are landing relatively late - 10:00 pm, so a cab sounds so much nicer. But, we have one free day rental so we are considering it.

If the Alamo rental desk at Dolphin is closed by the time we arrive, can we still drop off?
And what would you consider a “good rate?”

If the Alamo rental desk at Dolphin is closed by the time we arrive, can we still drop off?
And what would you consider a “good rate?”
Yes, you can drop off after the rental desk closes. Just tell the valet that it's a rental return.

We do the same thing at the Swolphin. We rent a car one-way from National/Alamo and drop off at the Dolphin. For me a "great rate" is within $20-30 of an Uber from the airport for the ability to grocery shop and Uber is about $40, so I would pay up to $65ish for a car all-in.

Yes, you can drop off after the rental desk closes. Just tell the valet that it's a rental return.

We do the same thing at the Swolphin. We rent a car one-way from National/Alamo and drop off at the Dolphin. For me a "great rate" is within $20-30 of an Uber from the airport for the ability to grocery shop and Uber is about $40, so I would pay up to $65ish for a car all-in.
I guess I don’t usually get groceries, so I’m not sure $65 is worth it for us. Last Uber we took was $28 + tip.

Is the car rental process at MCO "easy?" Meaning, is it right there, or do you have to take a shuttle to the car rental sites? We are landing relatively late - 10:00 pm, so a cab sounds so much nicer. But, we have one free day rental so we are considering it.
All of the rental cars are just outside both the A and B terminals. Very easy.

https://travelwidget.com/Orlando-International-MCO-airport-terminal-map

Maybe visit the transportations forum here for additional questions or tips on renting.

https://www.disboards.com/forums/transportation.16/

I've been looking at this but the rate hasn't been great yet. Because there are 5 of us we have to get the UberXL but if I were renting a car I would just get a sedan. We bring 3 suitcases plus a backpack each so that will easily fit in a sedan trunk. $65 would be great! I'm going to keep trying.

I've been looking at this but the rate hasn't been great yet. Because there are 5 of us we have to get the UberXL but if I were renting a car I would just get a sedan. We bring 3 suitcases plus a backpack each so that will easily fit in a sedan trunk. $65 would be great! I'm going to keep trying.

Costco for the win if you're a member. I'm doing this in a few weeks. I figure I'm about 15 dollars over an uber price to rent a car, and with the deal I got on the one day rental, I might even be overestimating since uber rates can vary with demand. Anyway, I can stop at a Walmart, and get everything I need, easy peasy, and toss the keys to the valet. Maybe I'll even get to find out how fast a Hyundai Sonata can go from 0 to 120.

Costco for the win if you're a member. I'm doing this in a few weeks. I figure I'm about 15 dollars over an uber price to rent a car, and with the deal I got on the one day rental, I might even be overestimating since uber rates can vary with demand. Anyway, I can stop at a Walmart, and get everything I need, easy peasy, and toss the keys to the valet. Maybe I'll even get to find out how fast a Hyundai Sonata can go from 0 to 120.
Agree with Costco. Checked my arrival date in March and it’s $67.

Agree with Costco. Checked my arrival date in March and it’s $67.

So, odd story...
When booking our trip thru costco, I had to do it by phone this time because of a few minor exceptions that could not be made on the website. They weren't big things, but the rep told me they don't allow many modifications since ppl will screw them up. Totally understand-lol. Anyway, after he booked my trip, I asked about a rental car quote (I had already checked the price several times on the site across several weeks.) The price he quoted me was 15-20 dollars less than what I saw on the site. Verified it was the exact same, and nabbed it. Standard size sedan, just over 40 bucks. DONE.

So, odd story...
When booking our trip thru costco, I had to do it by phone this time because of a few minor exceptions that could not be made on the website. They weren't big things, but the rep told me they don't allow many modifications since ppl will screw them up. Totally understand-lol. Anyway, after he booked my trip, I asked about a rental car quote (I had already checked the price several times on the site across several weeks.) The price he quoted me was 15-20 dollars less than what I saw on the site. Verified it was the exact same, and nabbed it. Standard size sedan, just over 40 bucks. DONE.
After I book an online rental with Costco I usually check back at least once a week as prices often drop. I have never called. I hate calling, would rather book online, but next time maybe I’ll have to call.

Staying at the Swan next month for the first time, and I have a few food questions:
1) Are there available microwaves? If so, where are they located?
2) Are there available toasters? If so, where are they located?
3) Is there milk available for purchase at reasonable prices? I really don't want to do a grocery run.
4) What kind of coffee is in the room? Do the coffee makers use k-cups or those round pod tea-bag like things?

Staying at the Swan next month for the first time, and I have a few food questions:
1) Are there available microwaves? If so, where are they located? Yes on certain floors by the ice machine (ask front desk)
2) Are there available toasters? If so, where are they located? I think maybe at Picabu?
3) Is there milk available for purchase at reasonable prices? Picabu has some; if you want larger size, Screen Door General Store at the Boardwalk has grocery items. It may be more than at home, but easier than a grocer run.
4) What kind of coffee is in the room? Do the coffee makers use k-cups or those round pod tea-bag like things? It's Starbuck's, and it is good! It's pods (little round single cup ones). If you need more than they provide, find a maid cart in the hallway or ask for more. No need to bring any!

Enjoy your trip!

Does anyone have pictures of the toiletries provided at the Swan? Trying to figure out if my curly hair would like their products or if I should bring my own.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter