Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

My husband is lifetime platinum and we've always gotten upgraded at least to a balcony and often with a nicer view than what we booked (we always book the most basic room/view). A couple times we were given a family suite, and for our last stay we were upgraded to what was referred to as a vice-presidential suite. That was fun!

However, I can't for the life of me figure out what this category of room was. I can't find anything actually called a "vice-presidential suite." At check-in we were told at first that we were being upgraded to a presidential suite, then he corrected himself and said that actually it was a "vice" presidential suite because it wouldn't have the extra bedroom.

It was in the triangle, at the end of a hallway. I don't remember what floor but I think it was close to the top. It was like @ww52 described, except we didn't have access to the other room across the hall from us in the "alcove." There was a bedroom with two full beds and a bath, with its own door to the hall. Then there was a very large living/dining room. At one end of this room was a sitting area with a couch and a couple chairs, and also at this end was a foyer with double doors leading to the hallway. In the middle of the room was a large rectangular dining table, and across from this was a butler's pantry/kitchen with a breakfast bar, open to the main room but which could be closed off with shutters. This kitchen was good-sized and had a full-sized fridge, stove, etc, but contained no dishes or cooking gear, so I assume it's more for catering. There was another door to the hallway from the kitchen. At the far end of the large room was a second seating area with a big L-shaped couch and big square ottoman. There was a large tv mounted on the wall at this end. A second bath was across from it. Also at this end was another door--the fourth entry/exit to the suite--that opened into the alcove. So if you went out this door, you did not exit into the main hallway, but into a little room from which you had to open another door to exit to the main hallway. There was another door in the alcove across from ours that we did not have entry to. We assumed that this might be the second bedroom referred to at check-in, and that if we had access to this room that would have made it the presidential suite, rather than "vice." However, I could have been wrong about that. It may be that the presidential suite is in a different location altogether rather than being the vice-presidential suite with an extra bedroom tacked on, and that across the hall was a mirror image of our suite.

We enjoyed our stay and it shouldn't matter what this category of room is generally called, but it's been driving me just a little bit crazy not knowing! There seems to be nothing like it in any of the room descriptions. Does anyone know what this room/suite is?

I was once upgraded to that parlor, but with the bedroom across the hall instead of directly connecting. I was afraid I'd forget my key and lock myself out in the alcove hallway. I think it is a presidential suite, and they were making a joke at checkin by calling it "vice". There is a larger presidential suite at dolphin that is 2 levels.

Looking forward to our first stay at the Dolphin, booked through Hotwire. I assume this means that we'll get the cheapest level of room. I am a SPG member, but the bottom level (have never redeemed). What are the chances of getting a room with balcony? Happy to pay upgrade at check-in. I'm afraid to get my hopes up!!

Here now on Hotwire deal and basic SPG member. Was offered nothing at check in (and didn't ask) ,but they did acknowledge my SPG membership and add it to account.

Room i got is 7th floor at end farthest from elevators. Have view of tree tops and top of out building.
Room is fine, but glad on Hotwire deal as don't think it's worth $250-300/night.

No, but neither is the BWI! I paid $300/night last time there, and I had to call security twice due to noise from the connecting room!

I've only used points for the Swan and Dolphin, or gotten late summer deals for about $120/night (granted it was a few years ago).

I have always found the Swan and Dolphin to be much nicer overall to any of the Disney resorts I've stayed at, for the most part (other than in the 90's at the GF, when service was much nicer than it is now).

Quick question regarding transportation via Uber/Lift to the Swan. Have any of you who have used it found there to be any issue with availability for SUV sized options? We haven't used this option in Orlando before...

Thanks in advance!

Here now on Hotwire deal and basic SPG member. Was offered nothing at check in (and didn't ask) ,but they did acknowledge my SPG membership and add it to account.

Room i got is 7th floor at end farthest from elevators. Have view of tree tops and top of out building.
Room is fine, but glad on Hotwire deal as don't think it's worth $250-300/night.
This is my lovely view from the 11th floor in December. My DH is SPG Platinum.

DolphinView.jpeg

any issue with availability for SUV sized options?
I didn't need it for S/D but used it in Denver, and yes we ran into availability issues with our group. Found it was often easier to just summon two Uber's instead. Ride.guru will show you pricing

I guess my question is, what did you book and pay for?

I guess my question is, what did you book and pay for?
I booked a Standard View with SPG points because that was all that was available. My DH is Platinum and we always get an upgrade even at the Swolphin. Not that time. AND you asked the same exact question in December, lol.

Last edited:
I booked a Standard View with SPG points because that was all that was available. My DH is Platinum and we always get an upgrade even at the Swolphin. Not that time.
Thanks! So you did get what you paid for at least. I'm curious to see how things change with Marriott.

Last edited:
Did you request an upgrade at check-in by chance? I'm willing to pay extra for a view, but not sure how realistic that will be!

Did you request an upgrade at check-in by chance? I'm willing to pay extra for a view, but not sure how realistic that will be!
Yes. I was told there were none available until the day before were were due to check out.

View attachment 344472

Mine not that bad...the out building i see is the cabana, and see the bus stop through the trees. Can see the Coranado Springs construction in the distance.

But I'm not a stare out the window type so it doesn't bother me.

View attachment 344472
Still better than ours back in January..

DH would say the view we had in January :)

u57zHdpl.jpg

:rotfl:

We just returned from a week at the Swan this morning. Random thoughts ....

NOTE: The airport was a circus. We dropped the car off and were inside the ticketing area a full two hours before our flight, and we just made it to the plane before they shut the doors. Crazy. A woman at security told me that it's always like that now, even with most of the construction finished. Next time I'll try to get there three hours ahead.
Thank you for your comments. I just wanted to mention that Global Entry/TSA Pre-check has been worth every penny to me - especially when flying out of Orlando!

Reminder message on SPG site:

Coming soon: a whole new experience on our site and app. We encourage you to manage your account and reservations before a planned disruption on August 18th.

That's tomorrow (Saturday)! You can currently book as far out as check-in date of 08.02.2019, as of today, at current SPG values/rates.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter