Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I’m here! It’s storming outside. I arrived later than the rest of my group & they’re at Epcot. Rather than fight the rain for a couple of hours, I unpacked and got organized.

@maxiesmom I got one of those tiny closets. Now I know what you meant about that and also the hallway carpet. Either it’s darker in the middle or it needs a good shampooing.

The suite we had in September was nicer and bigger, but we’re paying much less so we’ll deal with it.

I managed to get an ADR for BOG tomorrow at 4:15 so I took that and cancelled the Chef Mickey brunch ADR. There are plenty of ADRs for that meal, so we’ll just schedule it on the fly.

:wave:

Family is at Epcot and I decided to get something to eat.

I was thinking of going to the Picabu taqueria, but the rain stopped so I came to Flying Fish instead. I am having a Bacon Maple Manhattan and ordered a pork belly appetizer for dinner. The lovely bartender gave me ice water and delicious bread with volcanic salted butter. :cloud9:

Pork belly is here. Will check in later.

Family is at Epcot and I decided to get something to eat.

I was thinking of going to the Picabu taqueria, but the rain stopped so I came to Flying Fish instead. I am having a Bacon Maple Manhattan and ordered a pork belly appetizer for dinner. The lovely bartender gave me ice water and delicious bread with volcanic salted butter. :cloud9:

Pork belly is here. Will check in later.
I don’t think I could be more jealous of anyone other than you right now!!! Enjoy all that bacon!

ONG! I was so impressed with Flying Fish. We are going there for dinner one night.

The Maple Bacon Manhattan and pork belly were awesome! The whole experience was; the bartender and fellow patrons couldn’t have been nicer. The open kitchen is alongside the bar. So fun to watch. The atmosphere is posh, but super friendly and welcoming all at the same time.

And that bread with the seaweed bits and volcanic salt butter! I raved about it afterward and I hope that my nephews are sold.

I think I forgive Disney now for redoing this restaurant. It is fabulous!

Last edited:
@Dan Murphy I have a tiny closet in this room divided in half so one side can hang only short items like shirts.

At the risk of sounding old—I’m a girl—I like big closets. The bigger, the better. There is no such thing as a closet that is too large. Impossible.

The closet in this room is small, like really, really tiny.

ONG! I was so impressed with Flying Fish. We are going there for dinner one night.

Love, love, love Flying Fish. It has been a family favorite for many years. I wish they would bring back the potato-crusted snapper from before the redo, but all of their food is excellent. I miss the whimsy of the old decor too, but the new look sure doesn't keep me away!
Hoping for improved weather for you...and me starting Saturday.

@Dan Murphy I have a tiny closet in this room divided in half so one side can hang only short items like shirts.

At the risk of sounding old—I’m a girl—I like big closets. The bigger, the better. There is no such thing as a closet that is too large. Impossible.

Weird. I don't even use our hotel closets for hanging clothes in Disney (there's not usually much that is fancy and requires hangers), but I like to be able to stick stuff in there - luggage, stroller, etc. Sounds like you can't do that.

The Maple Bacon Manhattan and pork belly were awesome! The whole experience was; the bartender and fellow patrons couldn’t have been nicer. The open kitchen is alongside the bar. So fun to watch. The atmosphere is posh, but super friendly and welcoming all at the same time.

And that bread with the seaweed bits and volcanic salt butter! I raved about it afterward and I hope that my nephews are sold.

I think I forgive Disney now for redoing this restaurant. It is fabulous!

I had Flying Fish on my list for date night this year. Sounds like a good plan!

Ahhhh, THAT closet. :crowded: Yes, very small First thing I do with the closet every visit is to take the ironing board out and put it in a corner of the room. I always put it back before checkout.

Plus if it was like our closet, it had the safe, ironing board, etc. It really was about 1/2 of the small closet that was available.

Ok, I think I'm seeing Dolphin on hotwire. It lists what I think is the Dolphin at $125/night:
4 star, Bonnet Creek, 2 full-bed or king bed. $32 resort fee. 85% recommended, 2000+ reviews. Does that sound right?

I have another question. I have a 6-night stay planned for the Dolphin on points. Thinking about switching to 5 night and paying cash through hotwire for the 6th (if I can get room with taxes at $154, seems better than spending 12,000 points, which I value much higher than that). Does anyone connect their reservations - like a one night reservation + a five night reservation? I'll be platinum come August when we go, hoping for a room upgrade and I don't want to switch rooms.

Ok, I think I'm seeing Dolphin on hotwire. It lists what I think is the Dolphin at $125/night:
4 star, Bonnet Creek, 2 full-bed or king bed. $32 resort fee. 85% recommended, 2000+ reviews. Does that sound right?

I have another question. I have a 6-night stay planned for the Dolphin on points. Thinking about switching to 5 night and paying cash through hotwire for the 6th (if I can get room with taxes at $154, seems better than spending 12,000 points, which I value much higher than that). Does anyone connect their reservations - like a one night reservation + a five night reservation? I'll be platinum come August when we go, hoping for a room upgrade and I don't want to switch rooms.
Sounds like it may be Bonnet Creek. Scroll down to see if Swan/Dolphin is offered on that page. What dates are you looking at?

Sounds like it may be Bonnet Creek. Scroll down to see if Swan/Dolphin is offered on that page. What dates are you looking at?
Swan & Dolphin is offered... Dolphin is offered at $155 and the crossed out price on the hot rate is $156. There have been conflicting statements re: # of reviews listed lately so I'm not sure that the 5051 number is accurate anymore. Date is 8/25-8/26

Swan & Dolphin is offered... Dolphin is offered at $155 and the crossed out price on the hot rate is $156. There have been conflicting statements re: # of reviews listed lately so I'm not sure that the 5051 number is accurate anymore. Date is 8/25-8/26
After looking at this I went to SPG website and I can get non-refundable at about $165 with taxes before resort fees. Prob not worth the risk for Hotwire (or the pain in the butt to get it on MDE) and I can get night credits/points etc.

Ok, I think I'm seeing Dolphin on hotwire. It lists what I think is the Dolphin at $125/night: 4 star, Bonnet Creek, 2 full-bed or king bed. $32 resort fee. 85% recommended, 2000+ reviews. Does that sound right?
Yes that is the Dolphin. Hotwire caught on and removed the exact TripAdvisor reviews and now lists just 2000+ for the Hot Rate listings instead of the exact TripAdvisor (5051) reviews for the Dolphin. The Key to matching for the Dolphin is the unique bedding choice(s) of 2 full beds as an option. This maps to the 2 double bed option at the Dolphin as the only match in Bonnet Creek with the $32 Resort fee.

Note: The Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort, Bonnet Creek also has a $32 Resort fee but does not offer a Full bed option and has a Bunk bed option.

Dave

Weird. I don't even use our hotel closets for hanging clothes in Disney (there's not usually much that is fancy and requires hangers), but I like to be able to stick stuff in there - luggage, stroller, etc. Sounds like you can't do that.

I hang almost everything, tops, sundresses (I live in those at Disney), pants, shorts. I actually bring metal ones from the dry cleaners and just leave them; they're thinner so more clothes can fit into the closet. Luggage - hmmm sounds like such a small closet won't fit that. I do like to totally unpack and keep luggage out of sight (unlike my husband, but I will enforce it our next vacation).

Plus if it was like our closet, it had the safe, ironing board, etc. It really was about 1/2 of the small closet that was available.

Yes exactly what I had! I'm giving the Swan another shot in October, so hopefully things will be great that trip.

Here now. I think we have the same room we'd had a couple trips ago lol.

not liking that the epco t boat does not go to swan and dolphin, only boardwalk. We got it there yest.

Here now. I think we have the same room we'd had a couple trips ago lol.

not liking that the epco t boat does not go to swan and dolphin, only boardwalk. We got it there yest.

I would not like that either. But hope you still have a great trip. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter