Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

No, still $20 for self park, $30 for valet, both plus tax.

http://swandolphin.com/feedback/transportation.html

If all these fees/parking increases much more Swan/Dolphin want be as good a value for us. Upcoming trip we have 2 cars/parking, extra $50 a day.

Spring trip was only $80 more at YC (with Disney Visa) and we would need airport transfer and split-stay transfer.

Also, why are Dolphin points 10,000 and Swan 16,000 per night? Thanks!

UGH!! I just spent about an hour going over the OP, revising some areas that needed updating...pricing, benefits, rooms, renovations, new things, etc, etc. :surfweb: As for pictures, I thought I had taken out 2 outdated pictures and added 2 current ones. Apparently I added maybe one more than 2, as when I went to save the changes, it bombed out and said I had more than the 35 limit. All my changes were gone. :badpc: :faint: :confused: :confused3

With having been on these boards for over 18 years, I should have known to have saved the OP in Word before clicking to save. :badpc:

Well, I'll have something to do over the weekend.

AJ also added that she will be at the Dolphin in a couple weeks and if anybody wanted to know ANYTHING regarding food/dining/etc at S/D. Anybody????

Wow, Dan! AJ is like a celebrity to me. But so are you. LOL!

The one thing I wish I had more info on is room service options. There is a book in the room with basic menus, but we found out on our last trip that we could order anything we wanted from Kimonos. And we did! We literally ordered a feast from there, and they gave us 20% off the bill with AAA and charged $5 to deliver it to our room.

So now I'm wondering if the other restaurants in the resort will do something similar.

Regarding the in-room fridges (Dolphin specifically, if there's a difference)
  • Do they have freezer compartments? Would the freezer compartment do a decent job of freezing thin ice packs overnight?
  • How large overall are the fridges? Standard college dorm "cube" size or something bigger?
I'm doing a grocery stop with the town car service and want to make sure I don't over buy any perishables. A standard size small "cube" is fine, I'm happy to shop accordingly, but if it's bigger it's nice to know I can expand my shopping list a bit. We also want to keep snacks/drinks some what cold when in the parks, I'm bringing my insulated cooler backpack and having actual ice packs rather than ziplock bags full of hotel ice machine ice would be nice (really don't want a ruptured bag of melted ice floating around on my back). But if there is no freezer or if it's dinky and doesn't really "freeze" then I'll leave the ice packs at home and just make do.

Thanks everyone, this is a super useful thread!

Regarding the in-room fridges (Dolphin specifically, if there's a difference)
  • Do they have freezer compartments? Would the freezer compartment do a decent job of freezing thin ice packs overnight?
  • How large overall are the fridges? Standard college dorm "cube" size or something bigger?
I'm doing a grocery stop with the town car service and want to make sure I don't over buy any perishables. A standard size small "cube" is fine, I'm happy to shop accordingly, but if it's bigger it's nice to know I can expand my shopping list a bit. We also want to keep snacks/drinks some what cold when in the parks, I'm bringing my insulated cooler backpack and having actual ice packs rather than ziplock bags full of hotel ice machine ice would be nice (really don't want a ruptured bag of melted ice floating around on my back). But if there is no freezer or if it's dinky and doesn't really "freeze" then I'll leave the ice packs at home and just make do.

Thanks everyone, this is a super useful thread!

The fridges in the regular rooms and suite parlors are dorm room mini fridge sized and do not have a freezer compartment.
I've encountered some that ran cold and froze my water bottles, but that was unplanned. Note that in most bedrooms and some of the suite parlors, the fridge is contained in a cabinet. Keep the cabinet door open to let air circulate and the fridge will run cooler.

You don't mention what room type you have booked, but the Presidential Suites have a kitchen area with a full sized fridge and freezer section.

The fridges in the regular rooms and suite parlors are dorm room mini fridge sized and do not have a freezer compartment.
I've encountered some that ran cold and froze my water bottles, but that was unplanned. Note that in most bedrooms and some of the suite parlors, the fridge is contained in a cabinet. Keep the cabinet door open to let air circulate and the fridge will run cooler.

You don't mention what room type you have booked, but the Presidential Suites have a kitchen area with a full sized fridge and freezer section.

Thanks, that helps a lot! It won't be a suite, we'll probably book a standard room but might get upgraded since I'm gold with Starwood. But I'll plan on a dorm-room sized fridge with no freezer.

Quick question does anyone know if the resort's re-fillable mugs are available in the new Fuel Cafe?

I check in on Sunday, and if I can remember I'll try to take some pics of prices at Fuel for things I'm not seeing here (I don't think All Ears is complete, though it has a lot on there). The sandwiches look like a decent size - $9 + AAA discount isn't THAT bad. I can see how it could add up quick ($3 for a regular coffee, $4 for a muffin) but there seem to be some decent values in there. I feel the same way about Picabu... some great values (Hello, Carnitas Tacos!), and then you end up spending $5 on a Mickey Ice Cream...

Last edited:
I booked a room at the Swan yesterday and I want to connect it to my MDE. Do I take the confirmation number and the last name on the order and just put that in? Will it matter that the reservation was made under my boyfriend's name and mine isn't anywhere on the reservation? Should I use his MDE to connect it?

When we went in June there were no lifeguards on duty, so I would assume that would mean there is no height requirement for the slide since no one was there to enforce it.

I am surprised about this. I thought I read that lifeguards were always on duty at the grotto pool. I was also wondering about the slide height requirement. Disney's policy is so lenient- if the child can sit up, the child can slide. But I know some places are very particular.

Universal's policy was that all kids could go down the slide, but those under 48" had to wear a life vest. I liked that policy, also.

I have read and read on multiple sites and forums but cannot find an answer to this: Where are the traditional rooms at the Dolphin located? I am used to Disney forums where I can see and study every resort map online and know exactly where the standard rooms are as opposed to the river view, preferred, etc. are. But I can't find anything about the traditional rooms at the Dolphin.

I know that the traditional rooms will not have a balcony and will not have as nice a view as the resort view rooms, but what type of views will they have? And more importantly, are the traditional rooms conveniently located? I am more concerned about a convenient location than a good view. I looked at the cost to upgrade to a resort or balcony, but by the time I pay the upgrade fee and the resort fee and the parking, I would just as soon stay at AKL.

The traditional rooms fall within a not-awful price range for our Easter spring break, but I am curious where they are located.

They will loan your little one a nice, secure, safety vest at the surf shop near the Dolphin. It's complimentary provided you return it. :)

The pool area at the resort is underrated. It's huge and has a bunch of pools and 4 hot tubs. The theme is understated with lots of pretty rocks, landscaping and waterfalls all around.

Just bring your room key and they'll give you almost anything you ask for. :)

I have read and read on multiple sites and forums but cannot find an answer to this: Where are the traditional rooms at the Dolphin located? I am used to Disney forums where I can see and study every resort map online and know exactly where the standard rooms are as opposed to the river view, preferred, etc. are. But I can't find anything about the traditional rooms at the Dolphin.

I know that the traditional rooms will not have a balcony and will not have as nice a view as the resort view rooms, but what type of views will they have? And more importantly, are the traditional rooms conveniently located? I am more concerned about a convenient location than a good view. I looked at the cost to upgrade to a resort or balcony, but by the time I pay the upgrade fee and the resort fee and the parking, I would just as soon stay at AKL.

The traditional rooms fall within a not-awful price range for our Easter spring break, but I am curious where they are located.

We booked a basic room at the Dolphin, and our view was facing the Swan with a view of the boat launch, but this is just one example. And when I asked for a different room due to my problem with the floor it was on, I was given the same exact view on the floor I needed which was super convenient for me, location wise to get to food, door, launch, out, etc.,

I am surprised about this. I thought I read that lifeguards were always on duty at the grotto pool. I was also wondering about the slide height requirement. Disney's policy is so lenient- if the child can sit up, the child can slide. But I know some places are very particular.

Universal's policy was that all kids could go down the slide, but those under 48" had to wear a life vest. I liked that policy, also.

I thought it was crazy too! Especially with a pool that large and so many families visiting! There were lifeguard stands throughout the pool, but in the week we were there, there was never a single lifeguard on duty anywhere. Crazy!

I booked a room at the Swan yesterday and I want to connect it to my MDE. Do I take the confirmation number and the last name on the order and just put that in? Will it matter that the reservation was made under my boyfriend's name and mine isn't anywhere on the reservation? Should I use his MDE to connect it?

Yes - use the confirmation number, name shouldn't matter.

To use a Swan reservation for Fastpass+, I've had to call the Swan reservations department and ask for a Disney number. So IOW, the Confirm # I got after booking my Swan/Dolphin room wasn't recognized by MDE. Once I had the Disney reservation # in there, I was golden.

The first time I stayed at the Dolphin, I got a traditional room at the last minute for $130. It must have been the worst room in the hotel, but it was so cheap that I didn't care. I was on the bottom floor, which was very confusing. People would get on the elevator after me and not understand that I was going down instead of up. Even though I was on the same floor as the Fountain, Bluezoo, etc, there was no direct way to get there. I had to go up to the lobby and then down to the restaurants, or walk outside. My room was at the very end of the hotel. It had a weird window that was rounded on top, and it looked out onto a sidewalk where I saw some people taking smoke breaks.. I kept my curtains closed the whole time I was there. The room was oddly sized, and the bathroom door wouldn't even open all the way. Unfortunately the only exit near me was the fire door, so to exit outside I had to go back by the elevators.. if it had been near my room, it would have been easy to walk to the Yacht Club from there. I liked the hotel so much the bad room didn't put me off.. I knew that I'd literally gotten the bargain basement. :) I don't know if all traditional rooms are the same way.

The second time I stayed I paid $252 for an Epcot Fireworks view room, and it was like a different world. I was able to watch the boats on crescent lake during the day, and see Illuminations at night.. worth every penny. But I would still go back to that crappy room if I had to. :)

Yes - use the confirmation number, name shouldn't matter.
Thank you!

To use a Swan reservation for Fastpass+, I've had to call the Swan reservations department and ask for a Disney number. So IOW, the Confirm # I got after booking my Swan/Dolphin room wasn't recognized by MDE. Once I had the Disney reservation # in there, I was golden.
Thanks! I'm all set now on MDE and it let me make the fast passes :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!