Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, we are staying at the Dolphin for the 1st time this December. I used points (thanks to this thread I realized I could do that! Thanks!) for December 13-19th. However, our flight is arriving on the 12th. Both the dolphin and swan are booked solid on the 11th and 12th and I was wondering if any of you knew why? If I can't stay there, do you have any other ideas? Our flight arrives around 11pm on the 12th. Thanks for any suggestions!
I would book a one night stay at a moderate or value resort to get free transportation from the airport and transfer to Dolphin in the morning

I would book a one night stay at a moderate or value resort to get free transportation from the airport and transfer to Dolphin in the morning
My plan is always a Disney hotel for the first night (we splurge and rent DVC for one night and then use points to stay at Dolphin). That way I've got magic bands/magical express and transfer luggage to Dolphin on the second day. I hire taxi service home, though.

Does anyone know when all of the renovations will be completed? I am going down in December and was hoping for a refreshed room.

Just booked for Aug 5 - 8 at the Dolphin. I'll be there again Sept. 18-22. And most likely again around the holidays unless I can find a really good deal at another Epcot resort. Two years ago if you had told me I'd be staying at Swan/Dolphin more than once I would have laughed, no way am I staying at a non-Disney owned resort. Well slap me and take away my credit card but they have become my go to resorts. It doesn't always work out that they are less since I drive and have to pay for parking but it seems to be running that way lately. Just wish I had me a balcony like at YC or BW and I wouldn't even look anywhere else.

We are staying at the Dolphin this coming weekend and the first time we will have a car. How does the parking work? I know they have gates, do you just swipe your room key to exit? Do you insert the little paper ticket they give you first?

Also I am guessing you can park there all day on your checkout day with no additional charge correct?

We are staying at the Dolphin this coming weekend and the first time we will have a car. How does the parking work? I know they have gates, do you just swipe your room key to exit? Do you insert the little paper ticket they give you first?

Also I am guessing you can park there all day on your checkout day with no additional charge correct?

In theory you swipe your key and it opens the gate. I've stayed there twice and neither time has mine worked. The first time I was parked at the Swan and there was an attendant so they just opened it for us, the second at the Dolphin. There was a line of about 3 cars, none of which it worked for so people were putting their credit card in or pushing the button for the unseen person to open it. By the time it got to us, a person who had a good card (I'm assuming a high point person) just stood there and swiped his card for about 4 cars then got in his car and left (we watched out our rear view mirror).

Yes, you can park there all day.

@loves to dive Did you sign up for the Starwood rewards card? IDK how many points it takes for an upgrade to a balcony room, but maybe you will be able to in the near future. :)

@loves to dive Did you sign up for the Starwood rewards card? IDK how many points it takes for an upgrade to a balcony room, but maybe you will be able to in the near future. :)

I'm a SPG member but I don't have the credit card, I don't like having too many credit cards. I could book a balcony room but looking at the balconies from the outside they are similar to the little ones at BC and have designs on them so you can't really sit out on them. I just go down to the court yard to enjoy my morning coffee. Funny, just tonight I booked a two night stay for late in July at a Westin on Jekyll Island for me and my honey and our little dog. He rarely travels with me, partly because he hates to travel and partly because we can't board the spoiled rotten dog but I've been begging him to go for at least a night with me to the beach. So three trips, one each month July,Aug and Sept. should be racking up those points.

@loves to dive LOL about your puppy!

My husband won't come with me to Disney either partly because he doesn't want to leave our dog. She's like the baby girl we never had. LOL!

I will be there the same time as you in September. Here's hoping we get great weather!

I'm a SPG member but I don't have the credit card, I don't like having too many credit cards. I could book a balcony room but looking at the balconies from the outside they are similar to the little ones at BC and have designs on them so you can't really sit out on them.
Just chiming in to share that the Swan and Dolphin balconies are large enough to sit out on and enjoy. They all have two chairs and a small table and and our family of four has often enjoyed breakfast on our balcony and many lovely evenings as well.

Just chiming in to share that the Swan and Dolphin balconies are large enough to sit out on and enjoy. They all have two chairs and a small table and and our family of four has often enjoyed breakfast on our balcony and many lovely evenings as well.

Thank you, I'll see if maybe I can get one.

Anyone know what the chances are of late check outs? are they possible? How late (without charge) do they do them?

Also what are the chances of upgrades? Would love to upgrade to a balcony room, or at least one of those rooms that the crib fits in the closet (is this really a thing?) I am a SPG member but just the basic level.

We are traveling Labor Day weekend.

Anyone know what the chances are of late check outs? are they possible? How late (without charge) do they do them?

Also what are the chances of upgrades? Would love to upgrade to a balcony room, or at least one of those rooms that the crib fits in the closet (is this really a thing?) I am a SPG member but just the basic level.

We are traveling Labor Day weekend.

Upgrades are usually available but they will charge you to upgrade at check in.

The latest you can get check out for is 1pm.

A couple of parking question
1) will we need cash for parking
2) I understand the restaurants validate. What about under these circumstances- Attending a conference, parked all day but eating lunch or dinner on site?

A couple of parking question
1) will we need cash for parking
2) I understand the restaurants validate. What about under these circumstances- Attending a conference, parked all day but eating lunch or dinner on site?

I can answer only #1 of your question. No, you do not need cash if your are a guest of the resort. They add to your hotel bill.

#2 IDK. I guess you're asking that if you eat at a Swan or Dolphin venue that validates, can that meal erase your parking charge for that day?

I can answer only #1 of your question. No, you do not need cash if your are a guest of the resort. They add to your hotel bill.

#2 IDK. I guess you're asking that if you eat at a Swan or Dolphin venue that validates, can that meal erase your parking charge for that day?

1) we aren't staying at the Swan, just attending a conference there. Staying onsite at a different resort
2) yes, that is the question. Since the fee is daily not hourly, I thought it might

I understand the restaurants validate. What about under these circumstances- Attending a conference, parked all day but eating lunch or dinner on site?

1) we aren't staying at the Swan, just attending a conference there. Staying onsite at a different resort
2) yes, that is the question. Since the fee is daily not hourly, I thought it might
If you are eating at one of the signature restaurants, you should be able to get parking ticket validated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!