Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I asked that same question in the comments section of the article you posted. This was the answer . . . "While we don’t have an exact date, all of our info says it will be open by fall. I expect it will be open well in advance of the holidays."

I hope this is correct as we'll be there in December.

All of the signage around the walls indicated Fall 2017.

I'll be there in Sept. and most likely will be there in August for 3 nights as well. The good thing about the construction is it's making the prices be pretty reasonable. I'll most likely be back to the world over the holidays as well but haven't thought that far in advance as to where we are staying but last year it was Dolphin.

Does anyone know if you get 60 days fast pass if you stay at Swan & Dolphin? We are staying there, but did not book through Disney.

I asked that same question in the comments section of the article you posted. This was the answer . . . "While we don’t have an exact date, all of our info says it will be open by fall. I expect it will be open well in advance of the holidays."

I hope this is correct as we'll be there in December.
Thanks for the follow up.

Hi, we are staying at the Dolphin for the 1st time this December. I used points (thanks to this thread I realized I could do that! Thanks!) for December 13-19th. However, our flight is arriving on the 12th. Both the dolphin and swan are booked solid on the 11th and 12th and I was wondering if any of you knew why? If I can't stay there, do you have any other ideas? Our flight arrives around 11pm on the 12th. Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi, we are staying at the Dolphin for the 1st time this December. I used points (thanks to this thread I realized I could do that! Thanks!) for December 13-19th. However, our flight is arriving on the 12th. Both the dolphin and swan are booked solid on the 11th and 12th and I was wondering if any of you knew why? If I can't stay there, do you have any other ideas? Our flight arrives around 11pm on the 12th. Thanks for any suggestions!

I would stay at the Hyatt Regency Airport--it is in the main terminal, easily accessible and you could be up early in the morning to travel to The Dolphin. You could do early check in before park opening and still hit rope drop! Of course, you could always stay at one of the Disney Value Resorts and have your luggage transferred to The Dolphin and check in at your leisure. This will still allow you to hit a park in the morning. There are many variations. . .

I would stay at the Hyatt Regency Airport--it is in the main terminal, easily accessible and you could be up early in the morning to travel to The Dolphin. You could do early check in before park opening and still hit rope drop! Of course, you could always stay at one of the Disney Value Resorts and have your luggage transferred to The Dolphin and check in at your leisure. This will still allow you to hit a park in the morning. There are many variations. . .

I second this. I love that hotel! And with a late arrival, it will be so convenient.

The MLB Winter meetings are being held Dec 10-14 at Swan & Dolphin, so that's why you can't get a reservation then. No rooms will open up. The MLB books a major hotel each winter for the meetings, and they reserve the entire property. But, they move each year, so don't worry about it being a problem on an annual basis. in 2018, they are in Las Vegas.

The MLB Winter meetings are being held Dec 10-14 at Swan & Dolphin, so that's why you can't get a reservation then. No rooms will open up. The MLB books a major hotel each winter for the meetings, and they reserve the entire property. But, they move each year, so don't worry about it being a problem on an annual basis. in 2018, they are in Las Vegas.

Ok thank you for the information.

That's what I'll do, thank you so much!

I'm hoping to stay at Swan or Dolphin on reward points in March for two nights. I have a Starwood loyalty account but it has very few points on it currently.

Is there a credit card that's best in particular for these hotel points with a new account bonus? Wondering if anyone else has researched this

Thanks!

I'm hoping to stay at Swan or Dolphin on reward points in March for two nights. I have a Starwood loyalty account but it has very few points on it currently.

Is there a credit card that's best in particular for these hotel points with a new account bonus? Wondering if anyone else has researched this

Thanks!

I just got an email saying that I'd get bonus points for referring a friend, and they'd earn 30,000 if the friend spent $3k in 3 months. That was for an SPG AmEx.

Just a general question for the Swolphin experts. Do they ever have lifeguards at the pools here? I just found it odd they didn't have any at all this past week. It just seemed odd to me and was curious about it...

Thanks!

I use Frequent Miler's Best Credit Card Offers page to find the best sign on bonuses. I didn't see the 30K offer @MarBee mentioned. He shows 25K right now, which would be enough for what you are wanting. Although you might want to wait a bit since you have time. There was a recent offer for 35K that expired in April. They may run that again at some point (note that when you pay for 4 nights with points, the 5th night is free).

Brand new DIS board member here. Really impressed with everyone's comments about Swan-Dolphin and I think it will be a great match for our family vacation (really want the walkability factor but cant afford the deluxe prices). I am hoping we can book the hotel in March 2018 through Costco Vacations. Does anyone know when/if they might update dates to reflect 2018 pricing?

I use Frequent Miler's Best Credit Card Offers page to find the best sign on bonuses. I didn't see the 30K offer @MarBee mentioned. He shows 25K right now, which would be enough for what you are wanting. Although you might want to wait a bit since you have time. There was a recent offer for 35K that expired in April. They may run that again at some point (note that when you pay for 4 nights with points, the 5th night is free).
Would you mind linking me to this page? I googled but couldn't find it and love pages like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!