Walt Disney World Skyliner Gondola cabin video, photos, info.

This may have been posted earlier, but worth showing again now that it's close to opening:

1569291539718.png]

I believe the size restriction is the same for buses, so most wheelchairs and ECVs shouldn't have a problem. Some of the larger double strollers may, if they actively enforce the posted limit.

Enjoy your vacation!

Only good thing about the Skyliner is that maybe the buses for Pop Century will be less crowded!

I don't believe the info about them feeling cool in 90'F heat. I don't see them running well in the summer - thunderstorms mean everyone has to get off, even if you are not at the location you are aiming for.

They are going to get trashed, literally. Do they pull them off line if someone spills a drink, dumps food?

I noticed they do have screens in the windows, so that should keep some people from tossing trash out, but I bet there will be some trash litter along the route. The route looks pretty ugly, BTW. I think they are just ugly anyways, especially the poles in the middle of CBR resort.

Only good thing about the Skyliner is that maybe the buses for Pop Century will be less crowded!

I don't believe the info about them feeling cool in 90'F heat. I don't see them running well in the summer - thunderstorms mean everyone has to get off, even if you are not at the location you are aiming for.

They are going to get trashed, literally. Do they pull them off line if someone spills a drink, dumps food?

I noticed they do have screens in the windows, so that should keep some people from tossing trash out, but I bet there will be some trash litter along the route. The route looks pretty ugly, BTW. I think they are just ugly anyways, especially the poles in the middle of CBR resort.
Well I can see you do not like the Skyliner. But let’s think about your issue with trash ( since the heat issue has been talked about a lot. What is the difference between the Skyliner and the monorail why is there no ( or very little) trash on them. They have windo ( you can get your hand out of them ) why is there no trash along the route of the monorail. No one is going to make you ride the Skyliner and you will not have too. That is a good thing for you. I on the other hand will and I am very excited too

It's no secret that I am also quite concerned about temperatures inside the Skyliners, especially in the summertime; if you were to be stopped for more than 10 minutes or so out there in the direct sunlight, I fear it might become very uncomfortable.

But... maybe not. I'm not a good judge of temperature, given my personal sensitivity issues, as well as my PMLE. So, what is horrifying for me might be only mildly bothersome to others. I always presume (until I can judge otherwise) that I am going to be "that person" who is always too cold, or too hot.

In the video that was posted above, we see the Skyliner stop for ?maybe? 3 to 5 minutes? and they all seemed fine, and we *know* how hot it is down there this time of year.

As far as trash/food/spills, etc. goes, I feel like @gap2368 is correct - it will be no different than the monorail or the buses. (or the boats, for that matter) There may be some accidents where someone spills, or some trash gets left behind in the rush out the door at the station, but I have a feeling that overall it's not going to be a big problem. If a particular unit got to be too messy (say from someone being nauseated) I imagine that they could loop it as "out of service" where the doors don't open around to a barn/storage location where it could be taken off the line and cleaned. And they may even just do that in the HA loops between Guests. Who knows?

The screens will prevent people from dropping things out the windows, so no worries there. I was glad to see them just so that Guests who ride don't have to worry about hitting a cloud of Love Bugs this time of year!

In time, I have a feeling we will see some landscape remediation occur along the path that will help hide the trails of gravel beneath.... but frankly, I think most Guests won't be looking down unless they are out over the water, and maybe not even then. And as far as the poles go, I remember a lot of adults who thought the Monorail was ugly as sin when WDW opened all those years ago. I rode it for the first time in 1972, and as a kid, I thought it was the most wonderful, glamorous way to travel around Disney World, ever. Now a whole new group of travelers get to have that same awestruck feeling as they go soaring off over the landscape on the Skyliner.

I may ride it from time to time in the future - I probably won't ever be one of those Guests who plans their transportation largely around the Skyliner, but that's OK. For the people who are excited about it, however, I am happy. I hope they get that same happy heart that I have when I ride the Monorail to this day.

As far as trash/food/spills, etc. goes, I feel like @gap2368 is correct - it will be no different than the monorail or the buses. (or the boats, for that matter) There may be some accidents where someone spills, or some trash gets left behind in the rush out the door at the station, but I have a feeling that overall it's not going to be a big problem. If a particular unit got to be too messy (say from someone being nauseated) I imagine that they could loop it as "out of service" where the doors don't open around to a barn/storage location where it could be taken off the line and cleaned. And they may even just do that in the HA loops between Guests. Who knows?

The screens will prevent people from dropping things out the windows, so no worries there. I was glad to see them just so that Guests who ride don't have to worry about hitting a cloud of Love Bugs this time of year!

In time, I have a feeling we will see some landscape remediation occur along the path that will help hide the trails of gravel beneath.... but frankly, I think most Guests won't be looking down unless they are out over the water, and maybe not even then. And as far as the poles go, I remember a lot of adults who thought the Monorail was ugly as sin when WDW opened all those years ago. I rode it for the first time in 1972, and as a kid, I thought it was the most wonderful, glamorous way to travel around Disney World, ever. Now a whole new group of travelers get to have that same awestruck feeling as they go soaring off over the landscape on the Skyliner.

I may ride it from time to time in the future - I probably won't ever be one of those Guests who plans their transportation largely around the Skyliner, but that's OK. For the people who are excited about it, however, I am happy. I hope they get that same happy heart that I have when I ride the Monorail to this day.

Not sure what the aforementioned poster stated (blocked) but when someone trashes a bus, the bus driver is right there and can see the mess, at least every time he/she gets up to access the back doors. I've seen plenty of crap left behind on Disney buses. Taking a gondola off track is going slow down the process, so I bet they won't be doing that too often. I do hope they landscape under the Skyliner. Looks like an ugly scar right now. Looks worst in CBR - and who wants that over their heads at the pool, etc? Kind of ruins the atmosphere of being on a Caribbean Island, IMO.

Nope, not selling me on the idea that that is a great thing. Looks tacky and ugly, they ripped apart one of the most peaceful resorts to build it, and it cuts right across the back of World Showcase, ruining that as well. Not impressed with the Imagineers at all. If this is the best the can come up with, Disney is going to look like Tacky Land pretty soon.

It's no secret that I am also quite concerned about temperatures inside the Skyliners, especially in the summertime; if you were to be stopped for more than 10 minutes or so out there in the direct sunlight, I fear it might become very uncomfortable.

But... maybe not. I'm not a good judge of temperature, given my personal sensitivity issues, as well as my PMLE. So, what is horrifying for me might be only mildly bothersome to others. I always presume (until I can judge otherwise) that I am going to be "that person" who is always too cold, or too hot.

In the video that was posted above, we see the Skyliner stop for ?maybe? 3 to 5 minutes? and they all seemed fine, and we *know* how hot it is down there this time of year.

I am too young to remember how people thought the monorail people thought was ugly but I do remember my mom telling me about it

I do not think they will do anything under the gondola Incase they need to do an evacuation

And I kind of wonder if some of the stopping in the video was due to them testing it since they are still doing CM testing after all.

Oh and another thing ( saw the video but was not looking close) I would’ve if the CM at the unload will have or had a picker for the little trash a guest might leave it would be very easy for them to grab that map or what ever was left behind

I hope you enjoy your ride when you ride it. I was always a little scars of the ones in the MK ( scars of hight) but so excited to ride this one ( just will not be looking straight down )

Just came across this Video form Mickey Views. I think he did a really good job on the video and talking about how hot it is and how much it moves, and just the over all experience of riding.

A few things I took away from this.

that for the heat.

it was the same as out side but with lower humidity ( witch makes things seem cooler) and a breeze It did stop for him for about 5 minutes but I kind of wonder if that was or CM training ( like when they are doing a CM preview of a new ride they might stop it more often and they all seem to be 5 minutes) I think once it opens for good we will know more. you can also hear ( in Past port to the park and this video) the wind that goes though them and you can see his hair moving a good bit. I have a feeling these will be like siting in any theme park some where in the shade with a good breeze blowing.

I think going into EPCOT when the French pavilion gets done is going to be so cool that I am so excited about ( I am having a hard time with what I mean by this but just going over that walk way they are making to get to the new ride I think will be very cool)

he did say that coming into the station was a little bumpy and it stops all of a sudden it almost look like your going to hit the gondola infant of you, ( look a little scary to me but just have to tall my self it will not hit it and maybe look in another direction for that 2 or 3 seconds)

I really like the teaming in each station I think every time you go in and out of them you can essay see something new love the AoA POP fan in the station and how it look like boat propellers The CBR look so much like an out door market very opened and airy ( it might need to be this way due to all the people.

I really can not tell but it does not look like it is ( the station ) are that hight up I know they are a little but I think for people in wheelchair it will not be a very hard push up a ramp and it look all flat in CBR and early to go from one line to the other.

one last thing I just might have to get the MB that looks so cool.

Another great video this one by Michael Kay

A few hight light from this one.

it look like at CBR there is a separate line or wheelchair ECV ( not conformed )

the vents you can close open ( the ones up top) this could be nice if it rains or when it is cold

there are vents down at the floor and the back of your sets ( it looks smaller then the big ones up top

He also said the wrap ones where cooler inside then the unwrapped ones. but said it was much better then being out side

The highest your up is 93 feet

They had 7 people in the gondola and had plenty of room ( one of the times )

At some point between CBR and Rivera you can see all 4 parks at the same time ( I think this is so cool)

there is a bathroom at CBR station ( so one close to all the station)

when they went to EPCOT from CBR the line looked kind of long but it looked like it moved fast not sure how long it was or how long it took

He also said it was a little bumpy but nothing bad ( my guess would be like at the end or water rides the little bumps going up the ramp)

it was the same as out side but with lower humidity ( witch makes things seem cooler) and a breeze It did stop for him for about 5 minutes but I kind of wonder if that was or CM training ( like when they are doing a CM preview of a new ride they might stop it more often and they all seem to be 5 minutes) I think once it opens for good we will know more. you can also hear ( in Past port to the park and this video) the wind that goes though them and you can see his hair moving a good bit. I have a feeling these will be like siting in any theme park some where in the shade with a good breeze blowing.
As someone who is always cold (and going in November and January) I am worried about them being too cold . . .

As someone who is always cold (and going in November and January) I am worried about them being too cold . . .
Well at lest you can close the vents so this should help you out. But yes it dose get cold at Disney going from the TTC to the MK on the ferry on a cold day was/is not fun. I do not think the gondola will be that bad

... he did say that coming into the station was a little bumpy and it stops all of a sudden it almost look like your going to hit the gondola in front of you, ( look a little scary to me ...
The gondolas can sway fore and aft a little. So there is no way to guarantee that one won't bump into another in close quarter unless there is a cushion in between or if there is a complicated system of sensors and side cushions that will squeeze a gondola against the platform it it gets too close to the one in front. If the only cushions are attached to the gondolas and another gondola hits a cushion then that counts as a bump-into.

With vents both at floor level and above head level the cabin will get more air circulation even when standing still compared with a cabin without.

I'm sure that the ugly scars on the landscape left behind after construction will be landscaped over soon and in a few months everything will look a lot better both from the air and from the ground.

I don't think the gondolas "spoiling the view" at the resorts are really that bad other than to make some guests want to draw the window drapes for privacy.

Last edited:
I was able to ride today with a friend who is a cast member.
We had a stroller with us. There was still lots of room in the cabin with the stroller. Other people were loaded in the cabin with us. At one point we had 5 adults a 3 year old and the stroller. Plenty of room.
5CAD42E0-11F0-46FC-A5BA-052F9C948134.jpegAA401671-4AFB-4EC7-AD50-B5C0DAE022BC.jpeg2799D722-A545-4EC4-A5AE-4397649DAFCD.jpeg

The gondolas can sway fore and aft a little. So there is no way to guarantee that one won't bump into another in close quarter unless there is a cushion in between or if there is a complicated system of sensors and side cushions that will squeeze a gondola against the platform it it gets too close to the one in front. If the only cushions are attached to the gondolas and another gondola hits a cushion then that counts as a bump-into.

With vents both at floor level and above head level the cabin will get more air circulation even when standing still compared with a cabin without.

I'm sure that the ugly scars on the landscape left behind after construction will be landscaped over soon and in a few months everything will look a lot better both from the air and from the ground.

I don't think the gondolas "spoiling the view" at the resorts are really that bad other than to make some guests want to draw the window drapes for privacy.
not saying the bumpy ness would bother me was just pointing it out incase it would bother someone is all.

I think they will leave under the gondola clear in the rear case they need to do an evacuation

yes I too think with vents on at lest 3 side of the gondola and the floor it will have a nice breeze inside

how fun how was the ride for you and where did you go ( did you do all three lines)
Yes all three lines. It was so fun. The Gondolas were very comfortable. The breeze was great. We stopped for a few moments and it was a little warm but not bad (it was 92 in Orlando today).
The Skyliner stations are very open and amazingly cool and all have restrooms
I don’t know why some of my photos have been posting sideways??01800BF2-FCC8-4259-9A4E-7E31E1E1A00F.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes all three lines. It was so fun. The Gondolas were very comfortable. The breeze was great. We stopped for a few moments and it was a little warm but not bad (it was 92 in Orlando today).
The Skyliner stations are very open and amazingly cool and all have restrooms
View attachment 439235
Look like a kind of long line did it move fast. It looks like even after fireworks the lines should move fast and I think that should really help

Amazingly fast. I think 2-3 minutes for this line
So excited to see how fast it works for end of the night after fireworks when people are tired and having a set will be great. Is my next trip really at the end of April. Just might have to go sooner.

I really hope it works like planned. It would be great to have it run between TTC and Magic Kingdom. A continuous transportation would be great after the fireworks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts