Walt Disney Family Museum - March 28

Merry Mousketeer

Hey there, hi there, ho there!
Just checking to see if any DISers are going to this event:

March 28, 2010
Women’s History Month: Harriet Burns, Disney’s First Female Imagineer
3:00 pm,

Harriet Burns became the first woman to work at WED Enterprises giving her special touch to Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, the Haunted Mansion, and designing the birds for the Enchanted Tiki Room. Her daughter, Pam Burns-Clair, and Don Peri, author of "Working with Walt: Interviews with Disney Artists" will introduce you to a woman that worked beside legends and become one herself.

Pam Burns-Clair was at the museum's special event for Walt's birthday on December 5 when Blaine Gibson, Richard Sherman and Rolly Crump spoke. She spoke from the audience about some of her mother's experiences as the only female Imagineer at that time and her memories as a little girl about some of the items her mother brought home from work; such as artificial Pirate limbs she wore as Halloween costumes, Christmas ornaments they made from the Big Rocky Candy Mountain model for the abandoned Fantasyland attraction, etc. This should be a fascinating presentation!

I have a ticket to see "Waking Sleeping Beauty" at the Embarcadero at 12:10 pm, then I'm driving to the museum for this event. I hope to see some DISers there! Some day I'd like to see us outnumber the "Windows to the Magic Podcast" folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter