Walmart Grocery Delivery

They have now started delivery from the local store that you select the day and two hour window. They were not doing local delivery in December when the previous poster used them. They now have a new grocery app.
WOW! This is great! It was not like this when I ordered!

Interested to hear how it works, too. I was planning on only ordering perishables from a delivery service and using one of our Southwest free checked bags for dry goods. Other services just seem so expensive. But, if it works well, I'll nix that suitcase and do a larger delivery at Walmart prices.

we just used walmart grocery.. 799 del charge but otherwise great prices. They delivered to bell services and they brought to our room.. worked out great!!

we just used walmart grocery.. 799 del charge but otherwise great prices. They delivered to bell services and they brought to our room.. worked out great!!
From what I'm looking at, the 7.99 delivery charge will be made up for with the first pound of strawberries and half gallon of milk we order, compared the what other places are charging!

Will Walmart deliver beer and wine??...smjj

47FA94A2-9E85-4156-BBDC-9809D5F8694C.png
The only reason we are not using Amazon Prime is they do not deliver beer or wine yet to WDW. We all like to relax at the end of a long day in the parks with a beer or glass of wine. There are 7 adults with our party and just like this. Garden Grocer who we used before does do beer and wine..smjj
I have this! I can take a mixed case of wine and check it in for free as my second bag with Southwest! It shows up in my room with the rest of my luggage

Last edited:
I am arriving next week & just went through all of my grocery delivery options. Garden grocer was super expensive, dizzy dolphin - while they do get great reviews - just seemed daunting trying to put my list together, then the alcohol piece you had to do something different. I decided to put all the things I wanted in a cart through Walmart & Instacart/Publix. Comparing the 2 - I wanted to go with Walmart as it was cheaper HOWEVER when I went to check out it would not allow me to choose delivery unless I deleted the alcohol. I could pick up the groceries and thought about taking LYFT there & back but by the time I paid that price I could just go with the more expensive option and have it delivered. So while Instacart Publix was more expensive, I went with them because they will deliver the alcohol. I do have to be available when they deliver and I am ok with that. On my order form I did state that I would be in the air from 1:30 until 3:30 and that I would be watching for text messages after we landed. I selected a 1 hour delivery time 2 hours after we land to allow for ample time to get to the resort so I can meet my delivery person and show ID and take delivery of my groceries. SInce we arrive late in the day anyways it worked for us to do it this way. Hopefully all will go well....keeping my fingers crossed!

So just a head's up on my experience. My sister and I stayed at Yacht Club. Our flights were all delayed, so we weren't able to be there when our deliveries were scheduled. When we respectively landed (on different flights) we had messages from a third party delivery company. Mine was a text saying that the delivery person was in the lobby. I went to text back saying I was sorry I was delayed and in the air when they had texted, and got a response back saying that you could no longer text or call that number. My sister had received a voice mail from her delivery person saying they wouldn't deliver until she called back saying that she was there. My mom was actually already there at the Yacht Club and had talked to Bell Services (who rocked, I might add) and they said that they've never had Walmart not leave a delivery with them. I had to end up calling Walmart Customer Service and had a really nice agent who found out that the Walmart we used, uses a third party delivery agency. They then require the person who ordered the groceries to meet them and sign for the groceries, otherwise, apparently they keep the food themselves, as Walmart doesn't get the groceries back (the agent I had on the phone even seem shocked that this was how the delivery was handled for this particular Walmart) and just processes a refund to the customer. It all seemed really weird. My other sister, who I brought down, has a lot of internal medical issues and for one thing, now can only drink bottled water...and I didn't want to pay Disney prices for that. I ended up ordering from Amazon Prime Now and paying much more, but was able to get about half of what I had originally ordered for twice as much, but was there in an hour and a half, and left with Bell Services. My other sister had called her delivery person and told her about the flight delay and asked if she could leave her groceries with one of us that were there or Bell Services. She finally said she could with Bell Services. They called up to let us know a manager had to sign, but they had it and were bringing it up. However, it was someone else's order... My sister got a call from the delivery person saying she gave us the wrong stuff and could she trade, just as the Bell Services Manager called to ask if we knew who to contact about the delivery she had signed for. Luckily, she finally got all squared away and got her delivery.
Of course I don't know if this could all change by the time the next person uses Walmart delivery, or if it had just changed from Kim's experience, or if we had a different Walmart chose. I personally will just stick to Garden Grocer or Amazon Prime now at this time, unless I know for sure it's Walmart delivering and leaving my groceries/delivery with Bell Services. I certainly hope that my experience is a fluke, and I hear of more like Kim's, but wanted to let you all know about my crazy start to our vacation ;)

A quick question about Amazon Prime Now. We are using them this next trip for the first time. I see where folks submit their order just before they leave or the night before and it is there when they arrives. How far out can I submit our order? Can I submit it 3 or more days out if need be?smjj

A quick question about Amazon Prime Now. We are using them this next trip for the first time. I see where folks submit their order just before they leave or the night before and it is there when they arrives. How far out can I submit our order? Can I submit it 3 or more days out if need be?smjj
The earliest you can submit your order is the day before delivery.

I plan to stay offsite for our next trip. (Vacation Village at Parkway). When placing the order a day or two in advance I obviously won’t have a room number. Will I need to arrange an exact time to meet the delivery person at the resort lobby? will they just leave the order with bell services?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter