Walmart Grocery Delivery

nordkin

DIS Veteran
I was looking on Walmart’s grocery website to see if they deliver to Animal Kingdom Villas. To my pleasant surprise delivery was an option. Our trip is not for several months and I am hoping this is in fact the case.

Hello,

I used Walmart grocery for a trip that we did this past December. I was so excited because the prices were lower than other places. Unfortunately, Walmart ships from different places and I ended up with 4 packages sent from different locations and different days. Disney charges $5.00 for each package and I ended up spending $20.00. The kicker was that one of the packages only contained a jar of salsa. If you use Walmart, hope you have better luck.

Hello,

I used Walmart grocery for a trip that we did this past December. I was so excited because the prices were lower than other places. Unfortunately, Walmart ships from different places and I ended up with 4 packages sent from different locations and different days. Disney charges $5.00 for each package and I ended up spending $20.00. The kicker was that one of the packages only contained a jar of salsa. If you use Walmart, hope you have better luck.
Which resort?

Hello,

They just started grocery delivery from specific stores in the Orlando area last week using, in most cases, Uber Eats. You do pick a delivery time. They now have a grocery app that you put your delivery address in and it tells you if delivery is available for that specific address.

Hello,

I wonder if Amazon groceries could deliver? or Whole Foods now that Amazon owns Whole Foods...

I am guessing Amazon Prime Now will deliver to AKV, they deliver to OKW. Get the Prime Now app for your phone, enter the address and see if it is available. Please note that Amazon Prime NOW is different from Amazon Prime, Prime NOW is the grocery delivery arm, they deliver from an Orlando area warehouse and will give you several two hour delivery windows to choose from, or you can pay an extra fee ($8 I think) for delivery within an hour of the order. I used the 1 hour option at OKW, as I had plans later in the day. They delivered to bell services, I met the delivery guy there, and then had bell services bring to stuff to the room (for a tip, of course). Everything was in wonderful shape. You can only order, at most, a day or two ahead as specific item availability is always changing.

Last edited:

I am guessing Amazon Prime Now will deliver to AKV, they deliver to OKW. Get the Prime Now app for your phone, enter the address and see if it is available. Please note that Amazon Prime NOW is different from Amazon Prime, Prime NOW is the grocery delivery arm, they deliver from an Orlando area warehouse and will give several you a two hour delivery windows to chose from, or you can pay an extra fee ($8 I think) for delivery with an hour of the order. I used the 1 hour option at OKW, as I had plans later in the day. They delivered to bell services, I met the delivery guy there, and then had bell services bring to stuff to the room (for a tip, of course). Everything was in wonderful shape. You can only orser, at most, a day or two ahead as specific item availability is always changing.
Confirming that Amazon Prime Now delivers to AKV. I have the address added and have started an order for my upcoming trip to AKV Kidani in November.

Confirming that Amazon Prime Now delivers to AKV. I have the address added and have started an order for my upcoming trip to AKV Kidani in November.
I have done the same for Walmart delivery for our Thanksgiving trip. As I think of something I place it in the cart.

The only reason we are not using Amazon Prime is they do not deliver beer or wine yet to WDW. We all like to relax at the end of a long day in the parks with a beer or glass of wine. There are 7 adults with our party and just like this. Garden Grocer who we used before does do beer and wine..smjj

I have done the same for Walmart delivery for our Thanksgiving trip. As I think of something I place it in the cart.
How did you enter the shipping address through the website? It doesn't look like there are enough lines to format it the way it's suggested for delivery to resorts. (Guest name, c/o Disney's xxxx resort, arrival date xx/xx/xxxx, and then the address)

Hello,

This was exactly my worry with Walmart. I will look into Amazon Prime Now - I don’t want to have to stay at the resort to wait for a delivery. I used Amazon prime before and that worked okay. We are flying and have to pay for bags so I am hoping I can get sunscreen and etc. delivered. Walmart seems perfect unless they send a bunch of packages - then the savings doesn’t add up

How did you enter the shipping address through the website? It doesn't look like there are enough lines to format it the way it's suggested for delivery to resorts. (Guest name, c/o Disney's xxxx resort, arrival date xx/xx/xxxx, and then the address)
I just added the address of the resort as a saved address in the Walmart Grocery App for delivery from the local store.

Attachments

• 6ECA484A-FD04-4391-AC89-0CA06F2A26FF.png
    6ECA484A-FD04-4391-AC89-0CA06F2A26FF.png
    122 KB · Views: 55
oh ok. I thought you had to note the guest arrival date on the shipping label.
It is a local delivery from the closest store. You select the date and a 2 hour window for delivery. I have noticed you have to make your delivery selection at a minimum the day before you want the delivery.

This was exactly my worry with Walmart. I will look into Amazon Prime Now - I don’t want to have to stay at the resort to wait for a delivery. I used Amazon prime before and that worked okay. We are flying and have to pay for bags so I am hoping I can get sunscreen and etc. delivered. Walmart seems perfect unless they send a bunch of packages - then the savings doesn’t add up
They have now started delivery from the local store that you select the day and two hour window. They were not doing local delivery in December when the previous poster used them. They now have a new grocery app.

It is a local delivery from the closest store. You select the date and a 2 hour window for delivery. I have noticed you have to make your delivery selection at a minimum the day before you want the delivery.
Oh, so the standard way of addressing a package to a WDW resort doesn't apply? That's awesome. I'm going in Dec so would love to know how things worked out for you on your Nov trip. Please post a report.

Oh, so the standard way of addressing a package to a WDW resort doesn't apply? That's awesome. I'm going in Dec so would love to know how things worked out for you on your Nov trip. Please post a report.
I will post back with how it goes.

Hello,

This happened to me as well. I had to pay for 3 packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter