wallpaper removal

Zela

<font color=teal>Everyone thinks it's strange that
Does anybody know what chemical I need to get to take wallpaper down. I have some ugly wallpaper in my bathroom and I really want to paint it.

Zela said:
Does anybody know what chemical I need to get to take wallpaper down. I have some ugly wallpaper in my bathroom and I really want to paint it.
Greetings, fellow Alabamian! We took the ugliest wallpaper in the world down a year ago with this stuff we got in Walmart over by the paint section. I can't recall the name of it right now but it is blue and gel like in a windex looking bottle. But don't forget to buy a paper tiger- a little rolly thingy that you roll all around the wallpaper that puts tiny holes in it so the gel will soak in. Use that, then spray the stuff and let it sit for @30 MINUTES. Then you can pretty much pull it right off! Don't let the blue stuff dry on the wall, and put ALOT of blue stuff on it. If you have any questions, I can answer them! I consider myself an expert after the "Wallpaper Massacre of '05" :lmao: :lmao: Good Luck and let me know how it turns out! You will have to do a little sanding afterwards to smooth out the glue from the paper. You will also have to prime the walls! WORK WORK WORK! :thumbsup2 Atleast it's a bathroom, right? Small enough not to drive you crazy! :crazy:

I'll second the "paper tiger" purchase. Depending on the type of

wallpaper, I've also had success with hot tap water and vinegar in a sprayer

bottle. The blue stuff is necessary for some jobs (BTW it's made by Zinsser

and it's called "DIF wallpaper stripper spray gel"), but the vinegar's much

cheaper.

Good luck. pixiedust:

buffalogirl said:
I'll second the "paper tiger" purchase. Depending on the type of

wallpaper, I've also had success with hot tap water and vinegar in a sprayer

bottle. The blue stuff is necessary for some jobs (BTW it's made by Zinsser

and it's called "DIF wallpaper stripper spray gel"), but the vinegar's much

cheaper.

Good luck. pixiedust:
That's the name of that stuff! I was racking my brain! I agree on the vinegar and hot water, but we tried it and it wouldn't work because the dummies that owned our house b4 us put wallpaper directly over sheetrock with no primer, paint nothing. Talk about a nightmare! It had been there since 1978!

I have a different strategy for removing wallpaper. 2 summers ago, I removed all the old(30+ years) wallpaper in my parents home. 3 large bedrooms and a kitchen. The best tool I found was a steam shark. The wallpaper would literally disintegrate off the wall. And since you are just using steam, cleanup was easy.

Kycha said:
I have a different strategy for removing wallpaper. 2 summers ago, I removed all the old(30+ years) wallpaper in my parents home. 3 large bedrooms and a kitchen. The best tool I found was a steam shark. The wallpaper would literally disintegrate off the wall. And since you are just using steam, cleanup was easy.
What a great idea! I'll have to try that one . :thumbsup2 thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter