Walking time between attractions ?

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Good Morning All
Fastpass day is coming up. I have my list of what I want but looking at maps I can’t tell how far apart things actually are.. is there anything that gives a general idea of walking time?

Example FEA how far is it from soaring and test track ? I still am at a loss as to what to FP at Epcot

Thanks in advance

The MDE app will give you walking times. It obviously also depends on how fast you walk, and how many people are in the way. Soarin and Test Track are on opposite sides of Future World, it's about a 5 minute walk give or take a few minutes.

ETA, in the app you can do the following- choose a park- choose wait times- choose an attraction- press "get directions"- type in your starting point (a lot of results will come up, choose one or one close to where you'll be), and it will give you all of the ways to get there. The option all the way to the left is for walking.

Who are you traveling with? That will determine your Epcot FPs. The tiers there are kind of annoying for everyone.

As has been said, it'll depend on your walking pace, party size, etc...

As for the walk from Soarin' to Test Track, it's a decent walk. I've never timed it, but if we want to we can walk pretty quickly. I'd guess it to be 6-7 minutes at a quick pace and 8-10 at a slow pace. But that's just a guess off the top off my head, could be wrong. Soarin' is inside The Land building. So once you walk into the building, you have to walk around the walkway, then go down the escalator or stairs (it's on the lower level)...that itself takes a few minutes.

It depends on which attractions, some are a quick walk, some are farther away. For FP I typically will make them back to back. You have a full hour to go on the ride and the next ride also has a full hour so even if you pick things on opposite sides of the park you should still make it to both.

The parks tend to be bigger than you think except for HS.
TT to Soarin' is a 5-7 minute walk depending on your walking speed and if you stop to look at things.
TT to FEA is about 10 minutes, again more if you stop and look at things in WS.

This is also the time to mention, touringplans.com's planning algorithms can plan your day with location and walking in mind. You can even adjust the preferences between "minimize walking" and "maximize how much I can do."
EP is (for me) the hardest park to plan FP for, because it's basically two thrill rides, a wildly popular dark ride (FEA)... and then a whole lot of stuff that you don't even need FP for—and you only have one Tier 1 to use among the three things that need it. Our decision was FP FEA and we'll just have to use ropedrop and/or park close for Soarin and Test Track. If your party isn't into thrill rides that would cement the decision of FEA, or if they don't care about Frozen maybe FP Soarin. I've heard people swear they would never FP TT since it's out of order so often.

Hi guys thanks travelling with two littles 5/6 (stroller as older is asd) and two teens . I think we will Fastpass FEA and the big kids can always stay later if littles need to leave or we can come back as I think there’s EMH the night we are going if needed
We broke Mk down into big kids day and littles day and have an EMM day do I think that park we are good. One day at HS but EMM booked as well
Just Epcot as we have just the one day concerns me

We usually FP FEA since it's a long walk back into the World Showcase to get to it and not much else it open back there in the morning, so you'd likely have to walk back there and then back to Future World if you were rope dropping. We usually rope drop TT, then straight to Soarin', and then the rest of Future World. I book my FP for FEA for just after lunch usually. We typically do lunch and the rest of the afternoon in the World Showcase.

Thank you fir sharing that sounds perfect

We usually FP FEA since it's a long walk back into the World Showcase to get to it and not much else it open back there in the morning, so you'd likely have to walk back there and then back to Future World if you were rope dropping. We usually rope drop TT, then straight to Soarin', and then the rest of Future World. I book my FP for FEA for just after lunch usually. We typically do lunch and the rest of the afternoon in the World Showcase.

HIGHLY recommend a subscription to touringplans.com. You can plug in your itinerary and it will calculate walking time between attractions based on your pace, estimated wait times at each ride based on crowd predictions for the day you're in that park and what time of day you're hitting the ride, etc. etc. It also shows how long each attraction takes. It's a type A planner's dream :) We have found the estimates to be so helpful, and extremely accurate...

Have one thanks but after I make fast passes I think it will be more helpful maybe ? I don’t know so many moving parts

HIGHLY recommend a subscription to touringplans.com. You can plug in your itinerary and it will calculate walking time between attractions based on your pace, estimated wait times at each ride based on crowd predictions for the day you're in that park and what time of day you're hitting the ride, etc. etc. It also shows how long each attraction takes. It's a type A planner's dream :) We have found the estimates to be so helpful, and extremely accurate...

Have one thanks but after I make fast passes I think it will be more helpful maybe ? I don’t know so many moving parts
If you have a subscription already, you should be able to go into 'my plans ' and figure out how long the walking will take very easily, then :) fp's are not needed to find that out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter