Walking sticks and rides

Cgh17

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,

So me and my boyfriend are going to dlp for Halloween which I am super excited about!

My boyfriend walks with a cane on some days as he has a connective tissue disorder and although it's unlikely he will need it when we are there I would just like to know what the protocol is with walking sticks and rides. We want to go on all the big rides but dont know what we will do with the stick, I know you have to take bags on but I cant imagine taking the stick on is safe? He can walk without the stick, it is mostly to take pressure off his joints when in chronic pain and to prevent dislocation.

Thanks in advance!
Chloe

I'm not an expert here but I strongly suggest your partner gets a doctors note and a pass for DLP. This will mean extra support from cast members - I have definitely seen them help people who use sticks in and out of rides, and they'll store sticks at the side for you. I'm not sure if this is possible on every ride, but I think having a pass would help ensure your partner has a good experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!