Walking sticks and rides

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by Cgh17, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Cgh17

Cgh17 Earning My Ears

Hey guys,

So me and my boyfriend are going to dlp for Halloween which I am super excited about!

My boyfriend walks with a cane on some days as he has a connective tissue disorder and although it's unlikely he will need it when we are there I would just like to know what the protocol is with walking sticks and rides. We want to go on all the big rides but dont know what we will do with the stick, I know you have to take bags on but I cant imagine taking the stick on is safe? He can walk without the stick, it is mostly to take pressure off his joints when in chronic pain and to prevent dislocation.

Thanks in advance!
    Chloe

2. loladelorean

loladelorean DIS Veteran

I'm not an expert here but I strongly suggest your partner gets a doctors note and a pass for DLP. This will mean extra support from cast members - I have definitely seen them help people who use sticks in and out of rides, and they'll store sticks at the side for you. I'm not sure if this is possible on every ride, but I think having a pass would help ensure your partner has a good experience.

3. it398

it398 Earning My Ears

My dad requires a walking stick and uses a folding one like this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EA0X...t=&hvlocphy=1007033&hvtargid=pla-420332815100

He keeps it in a small backpack which he takes on the rides. Never causes a problem.

He’s only ever got stopped once at the entrance (that was in Shanghai Disneyland) but once he opened it to demonstrate it was a walking stick and not a selfie stick they were happy.