walking stick

lovedisney123

DIS Veteran
I had two strokes in August along with heart failure. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go to the parks in March on our trip, but I am doing better little by little. I have this collapisble walking stick that can fit in a back pack when not in use. Is it alright to use a walking stick in the parks? My left leg is still a bit week from the stroke, so I worry it may give out of my without the extra support of the walking stick for long walks (like in the park).

I don't know the official Disney policy on this, but I don't see why you couldn't use your walking stick in the park. There are plenty of people using canes in the park, and it's kind of the same thing. I'd take it.

Hope you continue to improve and have a nice trip !

I think you should be ok too there was a thread on this not to long ago and and some said you would be fine while other said no. Like I said I think you should be ok

OP, my husband has to use a collapsible cane while walking at Disney. He has balance issues and nerve damage. The collapsible cane works great for him. He can collapse it for a ride and with the flick of the cane can extend it to use. He couldn't go to Disney without one.
I don't see any reason to be concerned about using one. Go and have a great time:)

I had two strokes in August along with heart failure. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go to the parks in March on our trip, but I am doing better little by little. I have this collapisble walking stick that can fit in a back pack when not in use. Is it alright to use a walking stick in the parks? My left leg is still a bit week from the stroke, so I worry it may give out of my without the extra support of the walking stick for long walks (like in the park).
I also use a collapsible cane to walk the parks

Another Thought Why not bring your own folding wheel chair with you ?

Provided you have someone to push you around & you can still use your solid / folding cane OR Crutches

Folding wheel chairs will be carried on aeroplanes for free .

Another Thought Why not bring your own folding wheel chair with you ?

Provided you have someone to push you around & you can still use your solid / folding cane OR Crutches

Folding wheel chairs will be carried on aeroplanes for free .

Thanks! I don't have a wheel chair, and I don't really need one. It is just when I stand for long periods or even when walking too much I can feel my left leg get weak on me (that is the side I had the stroke). This walking stick I have can fold down to about 18 inches long, so we can carry it in a backpack when I do not need it, and just get it out when I do. I recently took it to Colorado with us, and it helped (holding on to DH on one side, the the walking stick on the other), but I did not need it always, just when we walked a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter