Walking off with luggage instead of not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you (and your luggage) has to be out of the stateroom by 8am correct? Can they do room service (continental/coffee) or are the only options sit down vs buffet breakfast? This will be our first Disney cruise, and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) the lack of the cattle herding aspect of disembarkation.

Most rooms do not have room service. We usually leave our bags in the room and go to Cabanas for breakfast then pick them up and walk off.

If you wait until after the walk offs are gone and the lobby is clear, its pretty much clear sailing (!) after that and there are no real crowds.

If the minimum wage earners (there is no such thing as a living wage, its just a political buzzword designed to inflame) are brought into this conversation you have sunk to the depths of looking for something to say. Those making minimum wage are probably never going to go on a Disney vacation, not due to Disney's policies or prices, but by their own lack of advancing to a better paying employ. Its not just a Disney vacation though, there are many more things on the purchase list before that....

That's exactly my point--there are so many people who can never even afford a vacation, and work just as hard as you do. It is therefore a bit unkind to imply that the ability to afford a concierge vacation is the natural result of hard work and that anyone can have the same if they saved more or worked harder. As an analogy, I am lucky that my work will pay for business class for work air travel, but I would never think of sneering, as you did, at "complainers" who are forced to walk past the comfort of business class to be sandwiched into a coach seat on a long-haul flight. The pay inequality in this country is staggering.

As an analogy, I am lucky that my work will pay for business class for work air travel, but I would never think of sneering, as you did, at "complainers" who are forced to walk past the comfort of business class to be sandwiched into a coach seat on a long-haul flight. The pay inequality in this country is staggering.

I don't think the poster was "sneering" at anyone. He simply said that people should stop complaining and I agree with him. When did it become acceptable to complain about not getting something you didn't pay for? Kids complain all the time about their friends getting something they didn't get and I'm pretty sure most parents tell them not to complain about it because that's life yet it is somehow socially acceptable for adults to villainize people who can afford to fly first class or sail concierge.

Pay inequality is a big issue in this country but I believe a lot of that comes from our country's attitude towards education. Most of the people who I know who are working low paying jobs are in that position because they blew off school when they were younger and never took steps to learn a trade or a skill that would allow them to obtain a better paying job.

That's exactly my point--there are so many people who can never even afford a vacation, and work just as hard as you do. It is therefore a bit unkind to imply that the ability to afford a concierge vacation is the natural result of hard work and that anyone can have the same if they saved more or worked harder. As an analogy, I am lucky that my work will pay for business class for work air travel, but I would never think of sneering, as you did, at "complainers" who are forced to walk past the comfort of business class to be sandwiched into a coach seat on a long-haul flight. The pay inequality in this country is staggering.

Nice way to assume facts not in evidence. I never said I "sneered" (Definition of sneer-1 : to smile or laugh with facial contortions that express scorn or contempt 2 : to speak or write in a scornfully jeering manner). I said that the people who are making comments and are upset at the concierge guests waking off in front of them should not be upset because they did not pay for that service.

Pay inequality? There is no such thing. You want a better paying job? Work to gain experience, get education, put in the effort to better yourself. You get paid what you agree with the employer when you get hired.

I don't think the poster was "sneering" at anyone. He simply said that people should stop complaining and I agree with him. When did it become acceptable to complain about not getting something you didn't pay for? Kids complain all the time about their friends getting something they didn't get and I'm pretty sure most parents tell them not to complain about it because that's life yet it is somehow socially acceptable for adults to villainize people who can afford to fly first class or sail concierge.

At least the responsible parent do.

Pay inequality is a big issue in this country but I believe a lot of that comes from our country's attitude towards education. Most of the people who I know who are working low paying jobs are in that position because they blew off school when they were younger and never took steps to learn a trade or a skill that would allow them to obtain a better paying job.

Exactly. The high school drop outs at minimum wage fast food jobs now have been brainwashed by politicians to believe they deserve a "living wage" and demand a minimum of $15 an hour, full medical benefits, and a huge compensation package. I call BS on it all.

You want a "living wage"??

1.) Graduate HS
2.) Go to college for a real degree, not some of these liberal arts degrees that have no educational value. Use an accredited college.
2a) Join the military and get into a field that has a direct parallel in the private world. Driving a tank may be fun, but the guy working in the kitchen will have a leg up on you when you both leave the military.
2b) Get into a trade training program. Sure, the apprenticeship will be difficult, but it all comes as part of paying your dues. As you learn your pay will go up.
3.) Quit whining, pull yourself up and make something of yourself. If you are 30 years old and work at McDonalds at the fry station, you have no reason to think you are going to get the same benefits as the college educated guy you went to high school with that makes more than 100K a year.

At least the responsible parent do.

Exactly. The high school drop outs at minimum wage fast food jobs now have been brainwashed by politicians to believe they deserve a "living wage" and demand a minimum of $15 an hour, full medical benefits, and a huge compensation package. I call BS on it all.

You want a "living wage"??

1.) Graduate HS
2.) Go to college for a real degree, not some of these liberal arts degrees that have no educational value. Use an accredited college.
2a) Join the military and get into a field that has a direct parallel in the private world. Driving a tank may be fun, but the guy working in the kitchen will have a leg up on you when you both leave the military.
2b) Get into a trade training program. Sure, the apprenticeship will be difficult, but it all comes as part of paying your dues. As you learn your pay will go up.
3.) Quit whining, pull yourself up and make something of yourself. If you are 30 years old and work at McDonalds at the fry station, you have no reason to think you are going to get the same benefits as the college educated guy you went to high school with that makes more than 100K a year.
I tell my students this all the time. MINIMUM wage means minimum skills and education to do the job. ANYBODY can do that job--even a robot (which is what is happening to a lot of minimum wage jobs now that employees are demanding a "living wage".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!