Walking- October 2021- 50th Anniversary?

As of right now, almost every single studio and one bedroom is booked for Sept 30th and Oct 1st of 21’.

I find it hard to believe the rooms in ALL DVC are booked to capacity. I wonder what percentage of rooms Disney is booking for that timeframe? Are they at 25%? 50%?

What is the hotel capacity the system is allowing with Covid?

The DVC resorts, because they are a timeshare, are allowed to book up to the full number of declared units.

Its a popular DVC time, but even more popular due to the 50th. Now DVC is allowed to anticipate inventory and pull things if they are normally there later on, so not sure if some of that is going on,

But, I will venture to guess that this is a lot of DVC owners who may be going around that time,

I currently have two rooms booked..though don’t have those dates yet..since my DD and her BF May go next year but won’t know until spring. So, I booked two of my home resorts for now until they decide.

I'm continuing my walk. I just dropped September 29th and 30th BLT Lake view, in case anyone is looking for that.

I can’t believe Poly lake view is sold out!!! I want Halloween 2021, so I guess I need to start stalking and walking.

I booked a Savanna View studio at AKV for the beginning of October (without walking), but I might look to modify it for later in the month if there's availability. It's mildly tempting to be at MK on October 1st for the actual 50th anniversary, but I'd just as soon go later in the month if it means crowds will be a bit lighter.

It's probably sacrilege that I'm considering walking AWAY from the 50th anniversary, but I suspect it will be really crowded in MK on October 1st and I'm not one to jump through hoops to be in parks on day one for new openings, etc.

Last edited:

I have been forced to walk a Garden View Studio at BWV. Never had to do that before at 11 months before but all studios are booked.
I'm sure the surplus of points has a lot to do with it.

I have been forced to walk a Garden View Studio at BWV. Never had to do that before at 11 months before but all studios are booked.
I'm sure the surplus of points has a lot to do with it.
I may very well be wrong, but I think a bunch of those will open up again once we get past the Columbus Day & week vacations. Columbus Day is Monday, October 12.

I may very well be wrong, but I think a bunch of those will open up again once we get past the Columbus Day & week vacations. Columbus Day is Monday, October 12.
I Hope so. I'm looking for 10/15-10/23. I had Columbus Day week booked for this year but had to cancel.

Other than the usual rooms that are often walked in the fall, it appears that the "extra" walking was just for the 1st. This morning, there were studios a few minutes after * am Eastern at every WDW DVC resort except CCV if you want to start your vacation on 10/3.

I can't believe that I am now walking two Poly studios for Halloween. 2020 man.

I think I almost had a panic attack when even lake view Poly studios were sold out!

Are Poly studios usually something that needs to be walked during fall frenzy?

I’m still trying to put together a 2 night stay at BLT for the 30th Sept and 1st Oct. currently I have a 1 bed for both nights but one is a TPV and one a LV. I don’t actually know if we can travel yet (UK owner) but don’t want to move if we do!

I can't believe that I am now walking two Poly studios for Halloween. 2020 man.

I think I almost had a panic attack when even lake view Poly studios were sold out!

It may loosen up as we get though the weeks around Columbus Day... but then again it may not.

Never had walked a reservation, seemed to always have gotten lucky at 8am exactly at 7 months, including HHI even in peak times like end of May if ‘21, beg of June. This yr, not the case for 1st week June, looks like many are walking. Didn’t want to deal with the hassle, booked 2 nights Riviera since we enjoy and Vero instead!

Wow. Booking for the 50th has been painful!!!

I really didn’t want to walk, and even though standard view was obviously being walked for a long time- I saw 100% lake-view availability @ BLT all throughout September- so I really wasn’t concerned. However! To add insult to injury, I got the stomach flu and didn’t wake up to make my booking!!! So, now I’ve got 3 of my 5 nights booked... but I’m missing the important ones: Sept 30 & Oct 1 🥺

So, what would have been an easy reservation, had I chosen to walk (or been able to get up!) has now become a nightmare. I’ve waitlisted those 2 nights, but with nearly all availability gone at every other DVC resort, & MK’s 50th happening right next door... I don’t see much chance for me unless someone has to outright cancel their trip. :faint:

ps. @Sandisw, if you end up not needing your extra res at BLT, please let me know when you release it, so I can try to snatch it up!! 🙏🏻

It is now beginning to appear that the extreme overbooking that was occurring was all an Oct 1, 2021 issue. As I noted above, many things that never booked 11-months out, such as all of BLT (not just standard view), 1BRs at various resorts, Kidani savanna view, Poly studios, and even the cabins, were filling for end of Sep into Oct. It appears now with dates past Oct 1 or 2, 2021, that we are likely returning to just the normal fall frenzy where usual suspects that previously have filled at 11-months out at times during fall frenzy are filling at 11-months out, e.g., AKV value and club level, BLT standard view studios and 2BRs, BWV standard and boardwalk view studios, CCV studios, Riviera tower and standard studios, VGF studios, and OKW GVs in the Hospitality House booking category.

Thus, the extreme overbooking that was occurring is starting to appear now to be something short-lived and existed mainly for members getting Oct 1 and a couple days around it, to assure being at WDW for the first day of the 50th.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter