Walking- October 2021- 50th Anniversary?

I could have started my "walk" today but the system won't let you cross two use years online. My UY is October so I guess I'll wait. I don't want to call MS.

I had the same issue with my October UY...called member services and it was done for me...super easy!

I had the same issue with my October UY...called member services and it was done for me...super easy!
Will MS be able to book a reservation in advance of 11 months for a reservation that crosses UYs?

For example: I have a SEP UY. I want to book a reservation, say, 8/26 to 9/4. My 11 month window starts 9/26. Could I book 8/26-8/30 then call MS and have them add on 9/1-9/4 on 9/26 (of prior year)? Or would I need to wait till 10/1?

Will MS be able to book a reservation in advance of 11 months for a reservation that crosses UYs?

For example: I have a SEP UY. I want to book a reservation, say, 8/26 to 9/4. My 11 month window starts 9/26. Could I book 8/26-8/30 then call MS and have them add on 9/1-9/4 on 9/26 (of prior year)? Or would I need to wait till 10/1?

I’m not sure, but I would call member services and ask them...they are there to hel

I’m not sure, but I would call member services and ask them...they are there to hel
Did they cross UYs for you based on the starting date 11 month window? Or did you just mean they created one reservation for you that spanned two UYs?

Did they cross UYs for you based on the starting date 11 month window? Or did you just mean they created one reservation for you that spanned two UYs?

The crossing of UY simply can’t be done online, MS can book it as one reservation.

So, if you wanted say 8/26 to 9/4, MS can do it for you Like that, To do it online, you have to book it as two,

The reason is that different points can be used for different days when crossing UYs so there is something MS is able to do to get it to work.

The crossing of UY simply can’t be done online, MS can book it as one reservation.

So, if you wanted say 8/26 to 9/4, MS can do it for you Like that, To do it online, you have to book it as two,

The reason is that different points can be used for different days when crossing UYs so there is something MS is able to do to get it to work.
Good to know! I wanted to book a spanning reservation across Aug to Sep for next year and didn’t think to call MS. But I’m waitlisted for Sep because I wasn’t fast enough the morning of 10/1 to get the 9/1/2021 reservation. Now that I know MS can do it for me I’ll remember that in the future! :-)

Now it is getting scary. Today is Oct 29 and thus we are 11 months out from late Sep dates, which tradtionally have begun the fall frenzy for rooms when the most serious 11-month issues exist. Unless the reservation system has gone haywire, what I saw this morning shortly after 8 a.m. is something that has never happened before. Not only are usual suspects disappearing at exactly 11-months out for a September 29, 2021 start date, but things that have never before booked full right at 11-months out:

(a) Poly lake view studios

(b) OKW studios ( and lock-off 2BRs) in the near Hospitality House booking category

(c) CCV, not just the studios (and lock-off 2BRs) but also 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs

(d) Riviera, not just tower studios and standard studios (and lock-off 2BRs) but also preferred studios (and lock-off 2BRs)

(e) AKV Jambo, not just value and club level rooms, but also standard studios (and 2BRs)

(f) BLT, just incredible, not just standard view rooms but everything, and I mean everything, except lake view dedicated 2BRs.

Walking is partially a cause, as is likely the 50th, but potentially the extra points available for the 2021 year may now be starting to show a real impact.

Last edited:

Walking is partially a cause, as is likely the 50th, but potentially the extra points available for the 2021 year may now be starting to show a real impact.
This is what I think is happening. Members are hoping that the vaccines will return life to normal by then, and as you pointed out, this is a popular time for DVC members plus we are anticipating a big celebration for the 50th. I expect studios are going to be in very short supply. At 7 months, even 1 bedrooms at the near park resorts will be tough.

Now it is getting scary. Today is Oct 29 and thus we are 11 months out from late Sep dates, which tradtionally have begun the fall frenzy for rooms when the most serious 11-month issues exist. Unless the reservation system has gone haywire, what I saw this morning shortly after 8 a.m. is something that has never happened before. Not only are usual suspects disappearing at exactly 11-months out for a September 29, 2021 start date, but things that have never before booked full right at 11-months out:

(b) OKW studios ( and lock-off 2BRs) in the near Hospitality House booking category

(c) CCV, not just the studios (and lock-off 2BRs) but also 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs

(d) Riviera, not just tower studios and standard studios (and lock-off 2BRs) but also preferred studios (and lock-off 2BRs)

(e) AKV Jambo, not just value and club level rooms, but also standard studios (and 2BRs)

(f) BLT, just incredible, not just standard view rooms but everything, and I mean everything, except lake view dedicated 2BRs.

I've been watching the same things. All were shocking to me, with the exception of Riviera (because it is only 30% declared).

I also think Disney unintentionally set some expectation of the return of "normalcy" by selecting the arbitrary date of 9/26/21 for existing tickets to expire. For a long time you also could only book cash rooms until that date, too. I know it put me in the mindset that everything will be "normal" by then even though we know that Disney can't predict that...

From the availability patterns we're seeing I also think DVD is booking/blocking a lot of rooms ahead of 11 months which is having a domino affect.

Well...in all of my Disney years...this is the first time EVER that I have walked a reservation! Our 3 trips scheduled this year was scrapped...My wife’s BD is on Oct. 1 and she said she wants to celebrate her 57th at the 50th anniversary. So...that was the only way to be certain we could be there. I have until tomorrow to walk for our first night there...

My 11-month booking window for the second half of our stay next fall opens up tomorrow. I had no trouble booking the first seven nights at AKV Kidani last week, but have been nervous about the second half which will be 9/30/21 - 10/8/21. After seeing your post, I went ahead and booked 9/29/21 - 10/6/21 two bedroom standard view, so I'm walking one day which will allow me to sleep better tonight! Tomorrow, I'll drop 9/30 and over the weekend, add the last two nights I need. Hoping those dates down disappear, but I think I should be ok.

Well...in all of my Disney years...this is the first time EVER that I have walked a reservation! Our 3 trips scheduled this year was scrapped...My wife’s BD is on Oct. 1 and she said she wants to celebrate her 57th at the 50th anniversary. So...that was the only way to be certain we could be there. I have until tomorrow to walk for our first night there...
You know what they say, "If you can't beat them, join them"

I saw this happen on the 29th also, and it broke my walk even though I was holding a reservation for a Lake View Studio for the period right before this (it was for 9 days ending on 10-1-21). Technically, that shouldn't be possible unless everything was being taken out for maintenance. I figured I'd sit on the current reservation. Today, I went in and tried it again, and was able to walk my existing reservation to the period September 30 to October 7. I'm putting this down to another stellar performance by DVC's outsourced IT department.

Just checked (today, Oct 30) to see what happened to Sep 30, 2021. I am beginning to think that perhaps there is some kind of system problem going on because the extent of full bookings seems absurd even assuming worst case scenarios (walking, 50th, excess points, even Disney improperly blocking some rooms for itself). For example, the system is showing, among others, the following booked full at 11-months out:

1. All rooms at BLT. Even assuming the worst possible circumstances, I find it hard to believe all lake view, including 1BRs, can really be full.

2, All rooms at CCV except GVs. Would cabins ever really book full at 11 months out when they usually do not fill by 7 months out and are open 60 days out a large portion of the year?

3. Kidani savanna view studios (and 2BR lock-offs). In the past those have never booked full anytime of year before 9 months out. And I find it difficult to accept that Disney would consider trying to "cheat" with those rooms.

I attempted to call MS but too long of a wait. And noticed another potential system problem -- the tab in "Contact Us" for sending emails is gone.

Last edited:
Just checked (today, Oct 30) to see what happened to Sep 30, 2021. I am beginning to think that perhaps there is some kind of system problem going on because the extent of full bookings seems absurd even assuming worst case scenarios (walking, 50th, excess points, even Disney improperly blocking some rooms for itself). For example, the system is showing, among others, the following booked full at 11-months out:

1. All rooms at BLT. Even assuming the worst possible circumstances, I find it hard to believe all lake view, including 1BRs, can really be full.

2, All rooms at CCV except GVs. Would cabins ever really book full at 11 months out when they usually do not fill by 7 months out and are open 60 days out a large portion of the year?

3. Kidani savanna view studios (and 2BR lock-offs). In the past those have never booked full anytime of year before 9 months out. And I find it difficult to accept that Disney would consider trying to "cheat" with those rooms.

I attempted to call MS but too long of a wait. And noticed another potential system problem -- the tab in "Contact Us" for sending emails is gone.

I was thinking it could be the points surplus, expectation of near normal operations, pent up demand, 50th celebration and preference to travel to WDW in the fall season, most of which you had mentioned. We shall see I guess!

I'm a British owner (since 2002) I've just booked our BCV 1 bed reservation for next October, which I'll walk for one day as we're booked to fly in on the 1st October and from watching availability I was worried we wouldn't get our first night, our plan to book CCV had to be binned as I was clearly too late to even walk that.

I have most of our 2020 points and all of our 2021 points in next years allocation as our summer break was cancelled with us not being allowed into the US, this gives me more points than I've ever had so we plan to book a cabin for a few nights, something we've only ever dreamed of.

It's a headache, I have 5 contracts in total, I'd wanted to book in 3 night chunks to make sure the banked points were used up first but got the fear when I saw all the walking so have just booked to ensure we have somewhere to stay.

As of right now, almost every single studio and one bedroom is booked for Sept 30th and Oct 1st of 21’.

I find it hard to believe the rooms in ALL DVC are booked to capacity. I wonder what percentage of rooms Disney is booking for that timeframe? Are they at 25%? 50%?

What is the hotel capacity the system is allowing with Covid?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter