Walking at OKW!

pavicich

Mouseketeer
Was looking today and noticed this practice is now grown so prevalent that it is not only the coveted standard views, CCV, etc.

This is now also applying to OKW!!!??? Studio and 2BR lockoff in Hospitality House area is already blocked for 11 months from today.
I have to admit-this did surprise me and I think speaks to how many people are now actually doing this.

Is there a special event for Nov 4th, 2020? That appears to be the isolated date that is blocked out by itself.

I do know it's the day before NJEA starts (which is the 5th/6th) so that's during Jersey Week...so perhaps that's it...?

Oh my! Our NJ friends who want to go during Jersey week next year wanted to begin their stay on Election Day next year, so I was able to book them yesterday, whew!

It is possible that is is just booked and not walking. You will know people are walking if today suddenly opens up tomorrow and that pattern continues,

If it stays booked, then people have just decided to book right at 11 months,

I’ve wanted to “see” what walking looks like so I will log in tomorrow to “see” what you mean, Sandi. I suspect I won’t see any movement which would mean no walking, which would be great! Ty!

It makes little sense. Except for the GVs in the Hospitality House booking category, OKW has never had an 11-month issue for any day of the year so no one has ever had a reason to walk OKW other than for those GVs. And the fact that it is Nov 4 does not create any reason to do so. I wonder if it is possible there is just a system glitch for that day.

Checked this morning at 8:01 and Nov 4th is still blocked out for:

2-bedroom lock-off - near HH
Deluxe studio - near HH

Last edited:
As of 8:22, now it's blocked out for both Nov 4th + 5th for:

3-bedroom grand villa - near HH (4th, 5th, 6th + 7th)
2-bedroom lock-off - near HH
Deluxe studio - near HH

Last edited:
As of 9:02, the 4th dropped off and is now open for the 3 bed GV HH, so that one appears to be walking, as @drusba suspected.

The other dates for the other categories are still booked, so that doesn't appear to be walking, just booked at 11-month 8:01 window.

As of right now:

Deluxe studio - near HH - November 5th only
2-bedroom lock-off - near HH - November 5th only
3-bedroom grand villa - near HH - November 5th and 6th

I had to walk a GV at OKW a few weeks ago. Hadn’t planned on it, but then I started seeing days disappear and reappear. When I could grab seven nights, I started my walk. If I hadn’t done that I would have been out of luck when my real dates opened.

Thanks for the info! That's pretty surprising. Last year we were able to get a one bedroom with about 6 weeks notice for early May. OKW has always seemed pretty easy to get within a few months.

Thanks for the info! That's pretty surprising. Last year we were able to get a one bedroom with about 6 weeks notice for early May. OKW has always seemed pretty easy to get within a few months.

To clarify, it is the "near hospitality house" category that is booked so quickly. The 3-bedroom GV is booked for a few days here and there for either category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter