Walking a dog in a cemetery

That's what I really enjoy about this forum. I learned that unlike Jewish Cemeteries, other types are open to enjoy a picnic or walk.
And I learned about Jewish Cemeteries and how they're different from what I'm used to. We both learned something new.

Reactions: rlk
I did consider that, too. Somehow, though, it seems different when you have a dog on a leash and can control its movements.

Yeah, that. I also don't let my dogs do their business on other people's lawns, though I'm sure wild animals do.

I think cemeteries are huge wastes of space, especially in areas where open space is at a premium. I’d prefer a multi use space, cemetery/park/playground. My dad’s side of the family has a family plot in Brooklyn. The last one was buried in the 1980’s. I recently read an article that NYC cemeteries are starting to remove older graves to make room for new ones. I found the deed and sent it to my dad’s brother, since these are his parents and great grandparents.

My husband and I have both decided that we will be cremated. I understand many people get great comfort from visiting deceased loved one's grave, including my father. I really only visit my mom's grave when I take my dad asks me to drive him. Even though it has been 11 years, I think of my mother all the time. For me, visiting her grave doesn't make me feel closer, I feel that anywhere.

Well I've been "relieved on" enough during my life, why should I expect anything different in the after life?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter