Walkie Talkies

SimonY

Mouseketeer
Have previously seen several discussions about Walkie Talkies in Disney. As a group of 3 adults and 3 children having a pair of Walkie Talkies seems such a good idea for not getting lost on toilet breaks etc.

I saw some in Tesco's the other day at £22.00 - 8 channels, battery powered etc. There was a long list of countries you could use them in but all in Europe - USA wasn't mentioned.

Could we use them in the US without breaking any laws? Are we better to buy some when we get there (remembering that the kids will not want to shopping when there is Disney to go to)?

no because they operate on a different frequency in USA

you will need to buy FRS radios in orlando

Hi Simon :wave:

~~~Welcome to the UKDis!~~~

I haven't used Two Way Radio's before, but did a quick search for you as we have had some great info about them in the past - and here are a couple of threads that might help you.........

Thread 1 Thread 2

Hope these give you some help :D :D :D

Simon, you'll get walkie talkies for around $30 each at Walmart - which is a 'theme park' in itself, so you have to go there anyway!

My advice, go early in yer holiday or you'll kick yerselves walkin past aisle on aisle of "I bought that at xxx for double that price!"

After the success of using these in the states, we bought some for UK use in Tesco's when we came back.

Great for UK theme parks and days out etc.

We bought a pair last year and found them a real bonus. Our group, 5 adults & 2 kids, were able to split up if anyone was too small or 'unable' to do a ride - then meet up at a later time.
Especially good when I sent my wife to the bar at Vistana - I could change my order from draught to bottle easily :p

We paid $69 for a set; 14 channels + 38 sub channels - and had them delivered to our resort 1 week before we arrived.
Picked them up at Customer Services, stuck in the batteries, and we were away:D

Get a set - you will not regret it.

Brian

Walkie Talkies are an excellent idea.

Unfortunately we didn't buy ours until my DH and 2 DSs got lost! I was waiting in the right place of course, and they all got lost. Missed Illuminations at Epcot because of this. Not happy!

Suggest you buy straightaway if you are going to buy at all.

Taking ours with us again this time, when we trvel with my BIL and SIL. (no children this time)

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter