Walk up for Kona Breakfast?

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
So we are staying at the Poly and normally just do Capt Cooks for our Tonga Toast fix but hubby just saw a pic of the pinneapple macadamia nut pancakes and wants to go, the one morning we have available I cant get an early (at opening) reservation, what are the chances we can walk up (party of 2) for a table at opening or right after? Of course we are 9 days away from leaving when he decides he wants this breakfast lol

So we are staying at the Poly and normally just do Capt Cooks for our Tonga Toast fix but hubby just saw a pic of the pinneapple macadamia nut pancakes and wants to go, the one morning we have available I cant get an early (at opening) reservation, what are the chances we can walk up (party of 2) for a table at opening or right after? Of course we are 9 days away from leaving when he decides he wants this breakfast lol
Honestly you should be able to get a table for two at opening time. You should be fine. But of course you'll get a lot of posts telling you that you MUST get an ADR cause you never know blah blah blah. I've walked up and got a table. I've also booked the day before and got a table. :) Totally up to you. If you dont want to secure an ADR then i'd totally chance it on the walk up (since youre going at opening time).

Unlikely as this is a very popular location for breakfast. I would check the night before since many will cancel to meet the 24 hour window for cancellation. You could also go to the podium ahead of time and see what they are able to offer you.

While you may be fine as a walk up, I've seen people turned away at other restaurants if they didn't have an ADR. Then, I went onto MDE and found an ADR at that restaurant! Not sure why this is?

Well I have 17 other ADR for this trip I just cant seem to get this one, Ill keep trying but if not Ill try a walk up

Try the walk up, it sometimes depend on the CM's there at the Kona. Sometimes they let us do walk up, sometimes they tell us absolutely no walk up's accepted, and we turn around and find an ADR. You can always go down to Cook's if they won't seat you! Hope you have fun! (PS I do think the pancakes are worth it lol)

I'd keep checking for possible other cancellations and still if not then try the walk up. I guess worst case you are left with captain cooks which is still very good. We had a restaurant opening reservation for 7:30am one morning. I swear even when we were done eating about an hour later there were still empty tables, so if you hit it right at opening you might get lucky.

Use the touring plans reservation finder which will alert you if there is something open. Check even the evening before as I am sure you will have those that scheduled that 7:30am reservation and then decide that sleeping in sounds much better than those pancakes.

We love having breakfast at Kona. As locals we do it often. Most of the time its no problem to walk up and be seated. Every once in a while they have a long wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!