WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

Haven't posted in a while, so time to catch up.
Aug 11-17: 23 miles
Aug 18-24: 12 miles
Aug. 25-31: 20 miles
Sept. 1-7: 22 miles

Seems good, except I think I need to be getting about 35 miles a week in order to reach my goal by February :oops:

217/1092

It looks like this thread/board? has been around for a long time so I hope it's ok to join now! I definitely need to get my stamina up for our August 2020 trip. I sit at a computer all day for my job, and I feel the difference in my energy level from when I used to be on my feet all the time. It's about 880 miles to Disney for me. I'm about to head out the door for a walk now. We'll see how it goes. 🤞

the school year starting has definitely slowed me down.
I agree. I teach kindergarten and I feel like I’m moving constantly. So I’m exhausted, but I’m not getting in as many miles as in the summer! I don’t think I’ll make my goal of walking to Disney Vero Beach by February, but it’s still fun to try!

30 miles logged this week.

304/1092

OP here. ....can't believe I started this thread back in 2010 ( year of my last Disney trip) where does the time go and sadly and I never completed it. So going to give it another whirl.
Planning a quick trip this year, so need to start walking to develope some kind of Disney walking stamina.

So here I go 0/1102 miles to go.

Happy walking everyone!

I just found this board. It's a very inspiring idea. Our trip isn't until Dec 2020 but since I'm 2334 miles from DW I'm going to need that much time! Lol.
I work a desk job so I sit most of the day. I also have a treadmill that does nothing but collect dust. I'll need to walk about 5 miles a day. I'm really out of shape but I'm motivated so here we go!

I just found this board. It's a very inspiring idea. Our trip isn't until Dec 2020 but since I'm 2334 miles from DW I'm going to need that much time! Lol.
I work a desk job so I sit most of the day. I also have a treadmill that does nothing but collect dust. I'll need to walk about 5 miles a day. I'm really out of shape but I'm motivated so here we go!

Welcome! Definitely a fun motivation, imagining walking to our happy place!
I've got 7.88 more miles from this week.

40.95/1,253

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!