Waitlist

Jeanine3kids

Mouseketeer
I have a trip planned for nov 27 - Dec 4 I was booked at SSR but I wanted to stay at the boardwalk. I Called seven months out day by day and I have all my days switched except for the last two nights the 2nd and 3rd I have been waitlisted for the 2nd and I have to call back tomorow for the 3rd any idea why this seems to be such a busy time I was told by all my friends what a dead time of year this is and I would have no trouble switching resorts?

Thanks
Jeanine

I'll bet you won't have a problem picking up those two nights. I'd suggest that you wait list for each night separately. If you still need one or both closer to the date, get those nights as cash nights and then cancel the cash reservation as the point nights open up. I think you'll be fine.
Good luck,
John

Early Dec is very popular with DVCers. I'm booked for Dec 6-12, I had to waitlist for the 10-12 though since I added those two nights several months after the reservation was made. I only had to wait about 2 weeks before something opened up. Now, hopefully, I can get the view waitlist to go through...I'm in a preferred view for the 6-10 and a standard view for the 10-12...waitlisted for a boardwalk view for the whole time. I've never had the waitlist not come through for me.

Many BWV owners booked early December day by day at the 11 month mark. I know I did to get two 2 bedroom Boardwalk view villas for Dec 6-11. I own at the DVCs I want to stay at so that I don't have to worry about waitlists.

...I was told by all my friends what a dead time of year this is and I would have no trouble switching resorts?

You need some new friends...or at least more knowledgable ones. :lmao:

They were wrong...it is a very busy time at the DVC resorts.

...I was told by all my friends what a dead time of year this is and I would have no trouble switching resorts?

Thanks
Jeanine

Yes, this is true for resorts & parks, just not for DVC resorts, so your friends were right. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter