Waitlist vs. Rack Room Availability

Merlin Jones

Earning My Ears
I seem to recall seeing previous threads on this (but let's face it, there's a previous thread on virtually any DVC subject).

I have a one-night waitlist for next month at the Poly. Rooms are showing available to book on the (non-DVC) Disney website. Once the 7-day waitlist cutoff hits, does Disney "convert" available rooms for DVC use? Has anyone noticed a correlation?

No, they don't.

After the 7 day waitlist expires, you have to call MS and hope to catch a very late cancellation. Occasionally (hardly ever), we hear about MS calling DRC to get a "cash inventory" room back for a Member to book with points.

Almost all of the rooms available for cash were "traded" by members for another option (such as using points to cruise). DVC sends rooms to DRC to "pay" for that choice. Think of these cash rooms as already booked by a member and then traded to someone else.

No. Cash rooms do not come back for points. It is an accounting issue. they are already "paid for" with the points Disney owns.

I seem to recall seeing previous threads on this (but let's face it, there's a previous thread on virtually any DVC subject).

I have a one-night waitlist for next month at the Poly. Rooms are showing available to book on the (non-DVC) Disney website. Once the 7-day waitlist cutoff hits, does Disney "convert" available rooms for DVC use? Has anyone noticed a correlation?
Hey, my one day waitlist for VGF came through yesterday. I had a studio at Poly, maybe you’ll get that!

I’ve had success calling last minute for poly points reservation but if you have a cash reservation deadline to cancel is 5 days prior. Wl expires 7 days so good there.

I had 3 night weekend stay studio at GCV recently and our travel dates changed. I was able to cancel and put back two of the nights but not the last night without losing the points. When I canceled the ms gal said the nights I gave up were so rare to come up that it almost killed her to be canceling them. Btw I immediately checked rat after I canceled and they didn’t show back up. They had to have gone to a waitlist.

Well, good news today: my waitlist came through for the Wednesday. I had just booked a backup room at OKW when it happened. I couldn't be happier--last week this trip wasn't even on my radar, now it's booked. Good times.

Well, good news today: my waitlist came through for the Wednesday. I had just booked a backup room at OKW when it happened. I couldn't be happier--last week this trip wasn't even on my radar, now it's booked. Good times.
:yay:

Our stay is connected to a cruise we booked about 3 weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!