Waitlist logistics

Hieraxx

Mouseketeer
My overall question is how often does the Automated Waitlist'ing process check/fulfill/notify a given request ?

Does the system check/notify once a day ? once an hour ? every 5 minutes ? Any time someone modifies their reservation ? (heh)

Looking for folks with practical experience in having their requests filled

Yes - it's our first booking (Dec 2019) -

Just wondering: we're waitlisting on a single night at two resorts - to create a 3/3 or 2/4 split night stay at Two resorts vs 2/1/3 at 3 Resorts currently. I find myself ...stalking (?) that single night availability....and am wondering if I'm wasting my time :) We are just under the 7 month window for the Stay - so we have 6 months to cross our fingers - I think.

PS I don't mind wasting my time , as I'd rather be thinking about a WDW trip than working so there's that...

I've read a few threads that its only a few times a day.
Im waitlisted too. I found 2 nights earlier and went to book it but then the system made me log back in and the room was gone. Oh well. Ill keep trying.

I cannot answer how/when MS fills a WL but I can tell you I have had individual days waitlisted and found them on my own by stalking continuously at work. I'm stalking one night right now, September 13-14, for a dedicated two bedroom at GFVs. I have 9 nights all in a dedicated two bedroom at GFVs but my September 13 night is in a lock off. I have a WL in and also stalking.

I can also tell you, I originally had September 13 at BLT and waitlisted two bedroom lockoff and 2 bedroom dedicated for GFVs and found the lockoff by stalking, the WL did not pick it up. My current WL is for a dedicated two bedroom for the night of September 13. At seven months the first three weeks at GFVs were available with the exception of that one night so not sure if there is something going on I'm not aware of with that night.

Good luck but IMO, I always stalk and do a WL and for me, stalking usually wins.

I had a waitlist at AKV-J for 2 nights this December. (We own at Kidani.) I was checking availability at other resorts for the same two nights, in preparation for the 7-month window opening, when I saw those same 2 nights available at Jambo. I had to cancel a 1-night reservation at Kidani (needed the points), then booked the 2 nights at Jambo and cancelled the waitlist. I'm fairly new to waitlisting, so was surprised at the experience.

Last edited:

been recently thinking about this and if there any strategies to increase the odds of having the waitlist come through. i did a couple before and cancelled them before they were fulfilled.

I recently had my 1 night WL for 1 Bedroom AKV Kidani fulfilled via the waitlist despite my incessant stalking. I actually felt defeated that I didn't find the room before the WL kicked in!

I recently had my 1 night WL for 1 Bedroom AKV Kidani fulfilled via the waitlist despite my incessant stalking. I actually felt defeated that I didn't find the room before the WL kicked in!

Sign of a true stalker LOL
I may have felt the same way and hope I can be in your situation soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts