Waitlist help

apress

Mouseketeer
I need some help understanding waitlisting. We are fairly new to DVC and the whole waitlist thing has me nervous and confused. Our home resort is the Poly. I know I can book there at 11 month out which is my plan. I know trying to get a different resort at 7 months will be difficult (options are limited as we are looking for studios who sleep 5). My question is, I will use all my points plus borrow some for my reservation at the Poly, so can I even waitlist something if all my points are tied up in that reservation? Hope this makes senses, and any advice is welcome. Thank you

When you set up a WL request one of the options is to replace a current reservation if the WL comes through. It takes the points from whatever you made and uses it for your WL if that comes through. I think that is the question?

When you make a waitlist request there is an option to cancel an existing reservation should it come through. That is what you want to do

Similar question from me - I already have a WL rez, but am thinking I should set up a non-waitlist rez for the same time so we'll have somewhere to go regardless. Is that all handled automatically? I.e. the WL should cancel the existing rez, borrow points if needed, etc. Yes, I'm a DVC noob.

Similar question from me - I already have a WL rez, but am thinking I should set up a non-waitlist rez for the same time so we'll have somewhere to go regardless. Is that all handled automatically? I.e. the WL should cancel the existing rez, borrow points if needed, etc. Yes, I'm a DVC noob.

If you already have the waitlist set up it was done without the direction to cancel an existing reservation and you cannot change that online without cancelling the waitlist and re-creating it. That would move you down the list behind any others who set up waitlists after you did. If you created it in the past few days it's probably ok to do that. Or, what you can do is make a reservation for somewhere else that has availability and then call MS to have them add the request to the waitlist you have to cancel that reservation should the waitlist match. They should be able to add that to the waitlist you already have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!