Waitlist help......new to DVC

Pluto80

DIS Veteran
We’re travelling over to WDW from the UK in the summer for an extended trip. We’re new to DVC and are using our loaded OKW contract for the first time.

We booked our first 7 days, then our middle 14 days, then our last 7 day at OKW. The intention was to switch the two 7 day reservations at the 7 month mark, and keep the 14 day one.

We changed the first one to Kidani with no problem a few weeks ago. Today was our window to change the last one. We wanted to change to the Poly. The first night of the 7 days was unavailable, whereas the other 6 were. So we’ve gone on a waitlist for the full 7 days. Hubby didn’t want to book the 6 days and waitlist just the other one in case we ended up without it. The Poly has had full availability for the last few weeks we’ve been looking, so this seems like pretty bad luck.

If we don’t get it, it won’t be a problem and we’ll stick with our original OKW reservation. Do you think it’s likely the Poly will become available though?

If it’s does, do they email us to let us know?

Sorry to ramble on, we’re new to all this so so just wanted to check we’re understanding things properly.

We’re travelling over to WDW from the UK in the summer for an extended trip. We’re new to DVC and are using our loaded OKW contract for the first time.

We booked our first 7 days, then our middle 14 days, then our last 7 day at OKW. The intention was to switch the two 7 day reservations at the 7 month mark, and keep the 14 day one.

We changed the first one to Kidani with no problem a few weeks ago. Today was our window to change the last one. We wanted to change to the Poly. The first night of the 7 days was unavailable, whereas the other 6 were. So we’ve gone on a waitlist for the full 7 days. Hubby didn’t want to book the 6 days and waitlist just the other one in case we ended up without it. The Poly has had full availability for the last few weeks we’ve been looking, so this seems like pretty bad luck.

If we don’t get it, it won’t be a problem and we’ll stick with our original OKW reservation. Do you think it’s likely the Poly will become available though?

If it’s does, do they email us to let us know?

Sorry to ramble on, we’re new to all this so so just wanted to check we’re understanding things properly.
If the first night isn't available when your 7-month window opens, you cannot book the subsequent nights that day. So, you would not have been able to book the remaining 6 nights while waitlisting the first night anyway.

In general, waitlists are easier to fill if they are for fewer nights. Getting 7 nights is going to be more difficult than just 1 or 2 nights. However, there's always a chance it will come thru. If it does, you will see it in your DVC account before you get the email alerting you of the change. My waitlist filled at 9:15 this morning and I'm still waiting for the email at 12:30 PM.

I'd still consider 6 nights a decent amount of time to switch so would try again tomorrow and then waitlist the first night you couldn't get at PVB. In general though there are a lot of studios at PVB so odds are better there than other locations for a waitlist to come thru if you just keep the 7 night waitlist.

I see, I hadn't thought of the fact the rest of the days haven't become available yet :-) Thanks for the help and being patient with a newbie!

At least if it doesn’t come through we’ll be happy with OKW. At least we can then save the points for the next trip ;-)

I wouldn't waitlist the full 7 days...book what you can and then waitlist each individual day (two at a time) as you can. That will increase your likelihood of getting the PVB stay.

That’s what I wanted to do, but DH didn’t want to do it that way....... I’ll have to convince him I know better lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter