Waitlist fyi

jejojual

Mouseketeer
I just called MS to check on a waitlist we have for Nov. 22nd. We had asked that they call us when it came through, but I just wanted to check. The kind lady I spoke with informed me that as of June 1st all waitlists will be automatic - no more calling and getting approval. Also they will allow you to waitlist at several places, but, again, as of June 1st, once the first available comes through you will be given that one and all other waitlists will be cancelled. (So if you waitlisted at BCV and SSR, but really wanted BCV, and SSR came through first - you get SSR and the BCV waitlist goes away.) Sorry if this is old news, but it was the first I'd heard of it!

I hadn't heard this, but I'm not surprised by it. However, if they don't call, I wonder how you'd know if your waitlist came through, unless it will generate an automated email, fax or voice message.

We did the automatic and I just check 2x per day over at the member website to if the reservation changed(SSR to VWL or BCV).

I hadn't heard this, but I'm not surprised by it. However, if they don't call, I wonder how you'd know if your waitlist came through, unless it will generate an automated email, fax or voice message.

I don't know if this is usual, but I found out on My DVC page, when I was checking upcoming point usage. (I had waitlisted for one extra day at the BWV in Jan.) I had no other notification until a couple of weeks after that, when I received an amended reservation. I just presumed that this is MS's policy. :confused3 (Oddly, even though we've owned since '98, we were "Waitlist Virgins" until now! :rolleyes1 )

We're on our very first waitlist (HHI in August - so please wish us luck!) ever, so I'm always glad to get more information on how the process works.
Thanks!:cool2:

I am just off the phone from member services and am on a waitlist. I was offered either automatic switching of reservation OR a phone call from MS to confirm our wish to change! BTW I have been on the waitlist twice before and been sucessful each time however I think 13 nights in BCV in December might be a bit of an ask

I am just off the phone from member services and am on a waitlist. I was offered either automatic switching of reservation OR a phone call from MS to confirm our wish to change

I was told the new policy doesn't begin until June 1st. After that all waitilists will be automatic and you will find out either on the website or by mailed confirmation.

:eek: This doesn't sound good. I doesn't let you change your waitlist strategy on the fly.
I bet you can set up two separate wait lists that are independent plus if you match resort A, you could start a new wait list for resort B. I suspect this will end up being a good thing one the dust settles.

Wow this doesn't sound good for my group. We usually have 3 rooms booked for our trips some using my points and then some using my sisters we never use the automatic waitlist because we need to make sure that getting our waitlist will still work for the rest of the group. For example this next trip we are all booked at SSR - 2 2BR and 1 studio. We do have a waitlist in for a GV at OKW and if it comes through we would want to then have the GV and 2 studios all at OKW but before accepting the GV I would make sure we could get the 2 studios as well or else we wouldn't switch. That's not possible if it's all automatic and we don't want to wind up at different resorts.

Amy

well how does this work if you have a reservation and then put in a waitlist for a new one and you need to use the points already used by your current reservation?? (wow, that was a long run-on sentence!)

For example:
I have 7 nights at BCV
I want 7 nights at VWL

all my points are used up by my BCV ressie

currently they would call me to tell me my waitlist came through and I would tell them to cancel that night at BCV to book the VWL night.

If it's automatic, I won't have the points available for them to book it. Will they just borrow (if possible??) or would they just skip/cancel it??

Would there be an option noted that I want the BCV cancelled if the waitlist comes through??

I don't think I'll like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter