Waitlist for July... what are the odds?

Minnie-Penny

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We are planning our first ever trip to Hawaii! We have waitlisted a deluxe studio ocean view for mid July '19. What are the odds it will come through? I'm a little overwhelmed with where to even begin with the planning... especially most economical flights. We are traveling from the east coast. All advice welcome.

Do you have a backup plan before securing airfare? I have been checking the waitlist daily to see if a two bedroom unit opens up so I can switch from one bedroom to two and nothing is open not even a day after several months. I made a back up as it would be rare for this to open for a week. You might secure cash reservations as those are available.

Do you have a backup plan before securing airfare? I have been checking the waitlist daily to see if a two bedroom unit opens up so I can switch from one bedroom to two and nothing is open not even a day after several months. I made a back up as it would be rare for this to open for a week. You might secure cash reservations as those are available.

Oh, darn. That's disheartening! I was really hoping we would have a shot! We really don't have a backup plan. We just scheduled our waitlist last night. I've been reading about the crowd levels in July so it looks like it probably will be a stretch for it to come through. Here's hoping. Good luck to you on your waitlist coming through!

Also we did delta to the west coast (live in Atlanta, delta hub) and then Hawaiian to Oahu. It works for us to break up that long flight and I was able to use sky miles for the delta part.

I wanted another night for early May, didn’t bother to waitlist it. Took a casual look on member website today and there it was. Snatched it up, now have 3 nights in Waikiki & 3 @ Aulani pre cruise woo hoo.

OP - i’d Book something cancellable as a fallback, especially if booking non cancellable airfare

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts