• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Waitlist at the 30 day mark?

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
DH and I are booked at SSR for 10/16-10/21 but waitlisted for our home VWL and BC and BWV. I understand yuo can start calling at 30 days out to try for your wait list but I don't understand exactly how it works.

Can a veteran explain the process to me?

Thanks

We are at SSR from October 16th through the 26th and are waitlisted for 5 nights at one of the resorts you mentioned. Since we are there for 10 nights I thought splitting it in half between two resorts would be like to mini vacations. Anyway, if you see a big guy with three boys under three years running around the main pool looking very stressed out, thats me!!! :)

About calling 30 days out, I am not really sure about that. I am not holding my breath for one of my waitlists to come through, but staying at SSR is fine by me!!

You will have your hands full. Maybe we'll see you there. Just DH and I. (Young couple in our 20's)

At 30 days, everyone is removed from the waitlist(s) unless they call MS and request to stay on it.

At 7 days, all waitlists go away. At that time, if you still want to try for something, you need to call MS to see if a cancellation / opening has become available. Sometime you get lucky at the last minute.

Best wishes -

dsneygirl said:
DH and I are booked at SSR for 10/16-10/21 but waitlisted for our home VWL and BC and BWV. I understand yuo can start calling at 30 days out to try for your wait list but I don't understand exactly how it works.

Can a veteran explain the process to me?

Thanks

FYI Dsneygirl, We just got back from our stay in a 1 bedroom standard view at the BWV, and went on a waitlist for the standard view. Around 30 days out they called to tell me they got me all 9 days.

When I went on the waitlist before the 30 day mark hit, the DVC CM asked me if I wanted to stay on the waitlist beyond the 30 day mark and I said yes. The CM told me that I would stay on the list past the 30 day mark, until 7 days prior.

Again, within a couple of days of the 30 day mark (not sure if it was before or after) I got my call from DVC.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

CarolMN said:
At 30 days, everyone is removed from the waitlist(s) unless they call MS and request to stay on it.

At 7 days, all waitlists go away. At that time, if you still want to try for something, you need to call MS to see if a cancellation / opening has become available. Sometime you get lucky at the last minute.

Best wishes -
Got it. I should probably call again tonight.

Hi dsneygirl and JimFitz! I am also at SSR Oct 16-21 and on a waitlist for VWL, BWV, and BCV for that time period! I was put on the waitlist mid July. I was just wondering how long you all have been on it?? I am starting to give up hope! :blush: Maybe I'll see you at SSR! :rotfl:

we too will be at Saratoga 16-21. Our wait list started June 1, for a studio. I now need 2 bed, that list started this week. I've given up hope.

jacksmom said:
Hi dsneygirl and JimFitz! I am also at SSR Oct 16-21 and on a waitlist for VWL, BWV, and BCV for that time period! I was put on the waitlist mid July. I was just wondering how long you all have been on it?? I am starting to give up hope! :blush: Maybe I'll see you at SSR! :rotfl:
We've been on it since about mid July. I've also pretty much given up hope. I'm looking forward to SSR but since this is our first DVC trip we were really hoping for our home resort.

I tried calling and it was just after 5:30pm so I'll have to try again tomorrow.

dsneygirl said:
We've been on it since about mid July. I've also pretty much given up hope. I'm looking forward to SSR but since this is our first DVC trip we were really hoping for our home resort.

I tried calling and it was just after 5:30pm so I'll have to try again tomorrow.
I was just wondering if you got any info today when you called Member Services?? :rotfl:

jacksmom said:
I was just wondering if you got any info today when you called Member Services?? :rotfl:
She told me we are now on the waitlist for up to 7 days prior but nothing was open for our waitlisted choices. No kind of indication where I might be on the list though.

dsneygirl said:
She told me we are now on the waitlist for up to 7 days prior but nothing was open for our waitlisted choices. No kind of indication where I might be on the list though.
MS never tells us where we are on the waitlist. Even if they wanted to, it is complicated enough that they can't.

For example, let's say you waitlisted for Nov 10 & Nov 11. You don't want to move, so you told MS you only want the waitlist if both days are available.

Someone else is waitlisted for Nov 6 - 11 - again only if all the days are available.

Someone else is waitlisted for Nov 10 - Nov 15, but individually - member doesn't care if they are all available at the same time or not.

Someone else is waitlisted for Nov 10 only.

Let's say you got on the waitlist in the order I listed.

Today November 8 and Nov 11 become available. Who gets it? Nobody asked for 11/8 ( by itself) so that is returned to inventory. Nov 11 goes to the person who is on the list for Nov 10 - 15. DVC will not hold that day for you waiting/hoping for Nov 10 to come through also - even though you were on the waitlist ahead of the other person.

Two days from now, Nov 10 becomes available. Who gets it? THe person who wanted Nov 10 only. Again, DVC doesn't hold days.

So if you multiply that rather simple example by the thousands of members and millions of possible waitlist combinations, you can see why DVC can't tell you where you are on the waitlist. They don't know!

If you waitlist for individual days, you do have a better chance of the days coming through. But that way you also risk having to move because you didn't get all the days.

Waitlisting can be nerve wracking - but it's also a way to end up at the place you'd rather be!

Good luck -

That makes sense. I'm excited about SSR but it would have been nice to have our first trip home be at our "home".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter