Waitlist a lock off?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I have two reservations for VWL in December. One for 1 bedroom, 1 for a studio. I did it that way because I was not “sure” our friends would come, and we definitely wanted the reservation. They truly are excited and are coming to our house to plan next month.

I do have “ traveling with” noted with Member Services. Can I waitlist a lock off 2 bedroom, and have DVC cancel both reservations to provide the points for the lock off.

Or is that too risky?

Thank you,
Bobbi:)

This December? I don't think MS can do multiple transactions atomically, that is conceal your current two reservations and book a single "combined". You are likely to lose one or both villas. Your best hope is to throw yourself at the feet of the room assignment Czars.

This December? I don't think MS can do multiple transactions atomically, that is conceal your current two reservations and book a single "combined". You are likely to lose one or both villas. Your best hope is to throw yourself at the feet of the room assignment Czars.
I think are right.

I have two reservations for VWL in December. One for 1 bedroom, 1 for a studio. I did it that way because I was not “sure” our friends would come, and we definitely wanted the reservation. They truly are excited and are coming to our house to plan next month.

I do have “ traveling with” noted with Member Services. Can I waitlist a lock off 2 bedroom, and have DVC cancel both reservations to provide the points for the lock off.

Or is that too risky?

Thank you,
Bobbi:)

If I'm understanding you just want to use the points from both studio and 1BR if it fills?

You can waitlist it and set it to replace the 1BR. Then keep an eye out if it fills and if you catch it you can call in to have it finalized and ask the CM to cancel both the 1BR and studio to use the points. You also can call in to set up the waitlist and ask MS to note what you want done but I'd still watch for it disappearing from the dashboard to be able to call in while they finalize.

If the question is about getting the waitlist to pick up your cancelled 1BR and studio that's too risky and unlikely IMO. Some else's waitlist would likely grab some nights.

If I'm understanding you just want to use the points from both studio and 1BR if it fills?

You can waitlist it and set it to replace the 1BR. Then keep an eye out if it fills and if you catch it you can call in to have it finalized and ask the CM to cancel both the 1BR and studio to use the points. You also can call in to set up the waitlist and ask MS to note what you want done but I'd still watch for it disappearing from the dashboard to be able to call in while they finalize.

If the question is about getting the waitlist to pick up your cancelled 1BR and studio that's too risky and unlikely IMO. Some else's waitlist would likely grab some nights.
Yes, I need to use the points that are being used for the units we have already booked.

Yes, I need to use the points that are being used for the units we have already booked.

In most cases for me it has taken at least a couple of days for a filled waitlist to be finalized. Often longer! So then as I mentioned you could call in if you saw it disappear from the dashboard and the CM would know exactly what you wanted. Of course, Murphy's law says this would be the one time that they fill it immediately for you. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!