Waiting on Disney ROFR? Me too

rwatson626

Mouseketeer
I'm more than halfway there waiting for Disney ROFR sent 3/20 making today day 16. Still, no word. I'm waiting on 210 points at SSR. We own BLT (resale) and wanted to pick up another contract. My BLT contract I didn't hear anything back until day 29 or so. So I have more time on this one just wanted to share my craziness checking my email every few hours to see if I get an email that we passed.

I'm more than halfway there waiting for Disney ROFR sent 3/20 making today day 16. Still, no word. I'm waiting on 210 points at SSR. We own BLT (resale) and wanted to pick up another contract. My BLT contract I didn't hear anything back until day 29 or so. So I have more time on this one just wanted to share my craziness checking my email every few hours to see if I get an email that we passed.
Waiting here too. Disney ROFR’d our BLT contract after 3 weeks. Submitted a BCV contract Mar 27th that I’m not too sure will pass either. :bored:

Glad you posted. Our SSR was submitted 3-22. Hopefully we hear tomorrow. I have noticed answers coming through on Wednesdays and Fridays. Not wanting to go through another weekend without an answer.

Disney really is a buy buy buy mood lately, with the all the additions to the parks Disney is really banking on that they can sell points to new members or something else that could be feared, increase the number of points per night significantly across the board. Good luck to both of you though

I think I’m going to be sidelined for a while once this one gets taken. I submitted on 3/26, but I always knew it was risky because of the price. Mine is also at SSR. Honestly, my heart just isn’t in the hunt this time like it was last year. I think that means I need to hold off until I care again if they take a contract.

I'm with TexasChick123 in that mine was also a low price. Mine was sent on 4/3. I am very fortunate that the sellers moved as quickly as I did with sending in their signed forms. It was all signed by everyone and sent the same day. I submitted an offer on OKW. I'm sort of hopeful in that I've seen contracts similar to mine as far as UY and point available wind up passing, but I was not prepared for the sellers to take what I offered. Not complaining, but it does make me nervous. But yes, two whole days and I'm already tired of waiting!

Disney really is a buy buy buy mood lately, with the all the additions to the parks Disney is really banking on that they can sell points to new members or something else that could be feared, increase the number of points per night significantly across the board. Good luck to both of you though
It’s my understanding that they can’t raise the points per night without lowering them somewhere else. The point totals have to remain the same

I’m wondering if they are getting ready for a direct price increase

I’m wondering if they are getting ready for a direct price increase
They just had an increase in January. I doubt they’d have another until Riviera goes up for sale but you never know. I personally believe they’re getting ready to sell riviera for $250 a point

Checking email 10 times an hour is frustrating. We’ve all done it lol hope it isn’t too much longer! I’ve seen a lot of responses on fridays.

They just had an increase in January. I doubt they’d have another until Riviera goes up for sale but you never know. I personally believe they’re getting ready to sell riviera for $250 a point
$250?!?!? Whoa ! But Did they raise all the resorts?

Last edited:
Ours was sent on the 19th. I'm starting to get antsy too. They have bought back a lot of AKV lately.

I'm jumping in here as well. Nothing new to add, just needing to pass the time. We're on day 22 waiting. I'm a teacher on spring break and this week has been awful waiting for a decision. I'll actually be happy to get back to work so I can be distracted again.

This is our first experience buying resale, so we've learned a lot. I think the biggest reason I'm so anxious is that we have a trip scheduled in November (7 nights booked at Poly) but we need to add 3 more nights at the beginning of our trip now but we're tapped out for points (borrowed all we could). We need to either book a cash stay for 3 nights or close a deal on a resale contract to hopefully get 3 nights somewhere and do a split stay. I'm really nervous that even if this contract passes, we won't be able to get 3 nights in another DVC anyway because it will be well into the 7 month window. I guess if we close a deal before our trip, we'll do a wait list and hope.

or something else that could be feared, increase the number of points per night significantly across the board. Good luck to both of you though

That can't be done. The point totals sold stay the same. What DVC can do and has some responsibility to do if things are out of whack is to reallocate points. But when they require more points for a room or season they have to reduce somewhere else.

$250?!?!? Whoa ! But Did they raise all the resorts?

Nothing has been announced for Riviera. The current resorts - CCV and Aulani are $182 and then have various incentives that reduce the cost at different point level purchases. The ones that jumped highest are sold out resorts that DVC doesn't really sell anyway - or do not want to sell IMO. If they do then they want to make a bit more at them. VGF and PVB are $220 and VGC to $235. SSR is $151 and AKV is $171 so still a decent margin to sell if they buy it back but not as good as the margin they have on new resorts they are selling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter