Waiting List?

kidswithas

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever gotten off a waiting list? What are the chances? We want to take a trip over Christmas and are on the waiting lists for Italy, Peru, Danube River Cruise and Costa Rica. Is this even possible or should we just start planning with another company? I can’t tell if I should be hopeful or not...

How many are you? And did you ask where you are on the list? If you’re a family of 3 and at the top, chances are good because only one room would need to cancel for you to get your spot. If you are 4-5, you’d need 2 rooms to open up, etc.

We are on Costa Rica trip right after christmas. Our deadline to pay in full is the end of August. So I think you could still have a reasonable chance of getting on one of the trips. After end of August if you haven’t gotten off waitlist I would say it’s pretty unlikely

Are you talking Christmas 2018? The paid in full date for Christmas 2018 should be sometime around mid to the end of August (120 days). Most people who are going to cancel will do so before the Paid in Full date. (Obviously, emergencies happen, but most people who intend to cancel will do so before the penalty date). So if you can hang in there until 120 days before the dates you're looking at, I'd do that. If August passes, and you haven't gotten off the list, I'd say go for an alternate company. That's just my opinion.

Sayhello

ETA:
We are on Costa Rica trip right after christmas. Our deadline to pay in full is the end of August. So I think you could still have a reasonable chance of getting on one of the trips. After end of August if you haven’t gotten off waitlist I would say it’s pretty unlikely
Heheheheh. Great minds think alike!

I would check out other companies for Christmas time to Costa Rica is quite popular. Check out the down payment rules.

We went to Italy this past Christmas, and didn't book until mid October. So I hope it works for you! Italy is magical at Christmas :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!