Waiting List - First time, Must bank points end of September

HolyMolyHolly

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I just added a new contract of points, Disney gave me my 2019 points that had to be banked by the end of September.

If I try doing a wait list for the begining of December...is it easy to cancel and bank my points prior to Sept 30th?

Meaning: Are the points taken away from me and put on hold? if so... if I cancel being on the waitlist do the points deposit back into my account right away?

Thank you in advance :)

Hey everyone,

I just added a new contract of points, Disney gave me my 2019 points that had to be banked by the end of September.

If I try doing a wait list for the begining of December...is it easy to cancel and bank my points prior to Sept 30th?

Meaning: Are the points taken away from me and put on hold? if so... if I cancel being on the waitlist do the points deposit back into my account right away?

Say that in English. Too confusing.

Based on my waitlist experience, your points are not "taken" until the waitlist is fulfilled and the reservation is booked.

Hey everyone,

If your "2019 points need to be banked by the end of September", you must have a February use year. Those points are valid for stays between 2/1/2019 and 1/31/2020. If you bank them, they will be good for stays between 2/1/2020 and 1/31/2021.

A December 2019 use year falls within your 2019 use year. For that stay you could pay with your 2019 points, any points that were banked from 2018 (you don't have any of these) and with points that are borrowed from 2020.

Since the odds of getting a waitlist for this December are not in your favor, my advice is to bank the 2019 points now. Then when you set up your waitlist for the December stay, make sure you allow borrowing. If the waitlist comes through, the CM will just borrow the 2020 points needed to pay for your stay.

If you do that, the 2019 points will expire on 1/31/2021 (instead of 1/31/2020). So no chance of losing the 2019 points if the waitlist doesn't work out for you.

If you don't bank the 2019 points, they will expire on 1/31/2020. If the waitlist for a December stay doesn't come through, you will probably lose the points because availability will be slim to non-existent before the points expire.

Good luck - hope the waitlist works for you. :)

UNDERSTANDING USE YEAR

P.S. If you already have a waitlist set up, call MS and ask the CM to check your waitlist to make sure it is set up properly (to allow borrowing), so that you may bank the 2019 points and continue to waitlist.

Points are only taken when the reservation is made. If you put in a WL for a December reservation, and it doesn't come through before the banking deadline, you can either cancel the wait list and bank the points OR, if you want to keep the WL in place, just authorize borrowing so if it fills, they will borrow back some of your 2020 points to complete the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!