Waiting for Walker Mobility to call back. Why?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
A little while ago, I called Walker mobility about my upcoming scooter rental. As soon as the womn answered the phone, she asked if she could take my number and call back. Well, I'm waiting. Before calling, I'd toyed with "Should I rent from Buena Vista or Walker?" Now I'm rethinking my decision. What if I'd been in the parks and my scooter died. But then perhaps someone else is in the park and their scooter died-they're the ones who need immediate help. But maybe Walker should have more employees. Maybe....I just don't know-is this normal, for them to "call you back"?

A little while ago, I called Walker mobility about my upcoming scooter rental. As soon as the womn answered the phone, she asked if she could take my number and call back. Well, I'm waiting. Before calling, I'd toyed with "Should I rent from Buena Vista or Walker?" Now I'm rethinking my decision. What if I'd been in the parks and my scooter died. But then perhaps someone else is in the park and their scooter died-they're the ones who need immediate help. But maybe Walker should have more employees. Maybe....I just don't know-is this normal, for them to "call you back"?

Well...

Yes and no.

(I realize it's now more than 12+ hours since you called)

Call back - and ask for a quote. After you get the quote, let them know that you called previously, were promised a callback, and never heard from them. Ask them if this is now their normal course of operations - see how they respond. Most likely you will get an apology and possibly a explanation.

It could be you got the one person in the building who is so important they haven't had time to call back - but more likely, they simply got busy and forgot. Or maybe they remembered and were too embarrassed or worried that you would yell at them to call back. Maybe it was a new person, who didn't know what to do, or maybe you got an answering service because all hands were on deck, out making deliveries to customers.

Or maybe - it's a possibility - their customer service has fallen off dramatically and suddenly and there's just no other explanation for it.

Ironically, you (and the rest of us) will never know until you (or someone else) makes the call!

If I were in your shoes, I would call back. If they pull the same "I'll have to take your number and call you back" thing, that might be a red flag. Otherwise, it could be your experience on Wednesday was just a fluke; it won't hurt to give them a second chance! :)

I've been researching for months on who to rent from for our trip in May. I finally went with Buena Vista because I needed the availability of leaving the scooter with the bellhop. I spoke to William and he was more than helpful. Even gave me a 10% discount. They are in the process of changing over their scooters to a different company so the scooter is fairly new, but he gave me the option of getting the Pride one if I wanted. I also liked the fact that they can go into the parks should I have a problem with it. He emailed me the confirmation. I'm new to this scooter thing, waiting on a knee replacement so walking a lot is out of the question.

I've been researching for months on who to rent from for our trip in May. I finally went with Buena Vista because I needed the availability of leaving the scooter with the bellhop. I spoke to William and he was more than helpful. Even gave me a 10% discount. They are in the process of changing over their scooters to a different company so the scooter is fairly new, but he gave me the option of getting the Pride one if I wanted. I also liked the fact that they can go into the parks should I have a problem with it. He emailed me the confirmation. I'm new to this scooter thing, waiting on a knee replacement so walking a lot is out of the question.

Well, I finally went with Buena Vista also. When I called back, I got someone different who had no idea who I was or that I'd called before. Maybe the first person quit! Anyways, meantime I called BV, the man was very cordial (actually my call that was never returned was my second call to Walker, so I've called 3 times and never had great customer service, which surprised me). And what really surprised me was that BV's quote was actually no more than Walker's had been. Seems as if the ability to pick up the scooter from Bell Services at OKW will be a convenience.

Well, I finally went with Buena Vista also. When I called back, I got someone different who had no idea who I was or that I'd called before. Maybe the first person quit! Anyways, meantime I called BV, the man was very cordial (actually my call that was never returned was my second call to Walker, so I've called 3 times and never had great customer service, which surprised me). And what really surprised me was that BV's quote was actually no more than Walker's had been. Seems as if the ability to pick up the scooter from Bell Services at OKW will be a convenience.
The price was less than if I had ordered on line. It's better to call. I had read where people placed a time for a pickup and the company showed up an hour later. We have a flight out in the morning I couldn't chance the company being there on time for the return. I'd rather pay a few dollars more for the convenience.

We had the same trouble with Walker Mobility and actually did get stranded in the Magic Kingdom at closing with a dead scooter. We asked Guest Services if there was anything they could do to help us, and the cast member literally laughed in our faces. We eventually abandoned the scooter, took a manual wheelchair from the MK, and limped as the best we could back to the bus stop. We called a different company the next day, and won't use Walker again.

I would not use Buena Vista scooters under any circumstances, when we rented from them they were rude, overpriced and the scooter battery would die midday. I have not had good luck with Walker Mobility and getting them to call me back either. Everyone that I know personally has had great luck with Apple Scooters, they are friendly, scooters are in good shape and show up when they are promised.

We had the same trouble with Walker Mobility and actually did get stranded in the Magic Kingdom at closing with a dead scooter. We asked Guest Services if there was anything they could do to help us, and the cast member literally laughed in our faces. We eventually abandoned the scooter, took a manual wheelchair from the MK, and limped as the best we could back to the bus stop. We called a different company the next day, and won't use Walker again.
That's too bad. I had a Walker scooter die leaving Buzz Lightyear after 8 on a Saturday, and all the CMs were great! I travel alone, so somebody got me a wheelchair and transported me to Guest Services. GS had somebody drive me to the Poly (for a fireworks cruise), and the Poly Front Desk loaned me a wheelchair to get back to Pop. Oh, and my co-cruisers were awesome as well. Ome couple was also staying at Pop, and wheeled me to the resort.

Walker was at Pop with a replacement by 9 AM.

By the way, looking at Disney World's site, it appears that Walker Mobility is not a preferred vendor:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/ecv-rentals/

Am I missing something or wouldn't this mean they can't drop off and pick up form Bell Services?

There are NO "Preferred" vendors. There are five Featured vendors that pay a few to leave rentals at Bell Services at both ends of the rental period.

You have to meet a representative in person from the many mobility equipment companies that opted not to pay Disney's fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!