• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting for Sept. Hours - anyone else?

Also, since theyve extended the free dining offer does this mean they didnt get enough people to book vacations?

Probably. This is the first time since they started offering it that they've extended the booking window for free dining, IIRC. In past years, pickings were pretty slim by the end of the promo, but aside from some value resorts for a handful of dates, it looks like most everything is still available with the offer this year.

I was saying this back when the 4/3 was the big deal - travel habits are a lagging indicator of economic trouble. People who have travel booked tend not to cancel if there are non-refundable costs like airfare involved. So we aren't going to see the true measure of this downturn reflected in Disney attendance until late summer/fall, because so many people had spring/summer trips booked before they started feeling the pinch. Unfortunately, lower bookings mean shorter lines, but also shorter hours and fewer shows.

That is so cool. :banana::banana: I just tried it out using the info for the reservation I just booked yesterday as I guide and it offered me an alternate time and several alternate restaurants closer to the time I put in. Can't wait to use it to book all my ADRs next week when our dates are up.

^ I wish there was a place where you could check or "confirm" your ADRs. I got everything I wanted and Im paranoid they screwed something up, yet Im afraid to call., dont even want them touching or looking at my ADRs.

My friend tried to make hers the other day and said the system was down.

Also, since theyve extended the free dining offer does this mean they didnt get enough people to book vacations?

Im still hoping for lower crowd levels in september. bad for disney but good for us!

I was able to check all of mine online yesterday and mine were made by my TA. All I needed was the ADR confirmation number and the phone number tied to the reservation and they all pulled up.

Colleen, I agree . Its weird how early the parks will be closing this year :/

and "MrsGrumpy" thx for the info. Im gona check my resses.

My ADR day was yesterday. From all the bad news I had heard about people not getting their ADRs as needed, decided to make sure my flex-day at work was my ADR day.

So I called right at 7:00 am and was told my wait time would be 6 mins...

...30 seconds later my CM Akers (sp?) came on the phone and she was fab! :worship: I was off the phone by 7:12am.

9/16 - Ohana 10:50am
9/17 - Chef Mickey's 6:40pm
9/18 - Biergarten 6:45pm
9/19 - Play-N-Dine 12:55pm
9/20 - Tusker House 10:00am (Deaparture day Brunch)

Yay...got everything I wanted within 5 min. of the time I requested, except for Chef Mickey which I had to move back about 1hr, but it's still a great time!!! :banana:

pixiedust: to everyone still waiting to make ADRs, doesn't seem to be as bad as August FD

PS - Also posted to Dining Plan thread about Sept. FD ADRs.

My 2nd ADR was this AM. Got exactly what I wanted - Boma on the 16th at 8:05 PM.

Poor guy - (I don't remember his name). I'm not up that time of day so my brain just did NOT function correctly and I kept saying I wanted to make ADRs for JUNE 16th. This went on for a min or so with the poor guy being as polite as possible till I figured out what I was saying!!!! Then we made the ADR and then HE said DECEMBER 16th!! I hope I didn't ruin him for the whole day, :lmao:!

So I only had two ADRs at none of the super big places, but I still got all I wanted, no problems!

Can I just clarify something with you folks???

If I arrive on Sept 24 and want to make ADR's starting on that day, the day I need to call is on July 26th right?

I did the calculator thing a while back but after all this reading I keep seeing the 90 plus 10 day thing and I am not quite sure what that means exactly. It has been one of those weeks where the brain is thicker than usual so things are just not making sense lol :confused3

Anyhow if someone could just verify for me that the 26th is indeed the day I need to call I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank God for my dis friends here, especially when its a week of brain farts :sick:

If I arrive on Sept 24 and want to make ADR's starting on that day, the day I need to call is on July 26th right?

I did the calculator thing a while back but after all this reading I keep seeing the 90 plus 10 day thing and I am not quite sure what that means exactly. It has been one of those weeks where the brain is thicker than usual so things are just not making sense lol :confused3

Anyhow if someone could just verify for me that the 26th is indeed the day I need to call I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank God for my dis friends here, especially when its a week of brain farts :sick:

Well, I arrive Sept 21 and my ADR day is Tuesday June 23 so yes... you are correct the 26th is the day you call.:goodvibes Next Friday!! :cool1:

if you are arriving on 9/24, you call on 6/26 (not July 26!) for your ADR's. Normally, for guests not staying onsite, they can make their ADR's 90 days in advance. So if they needed to make 3 consecutive days of ADRs, they need to call at 90 days for their first day, then call the next day to make the next day's ADR etc.

When you stay onsite, you can make your ADR's starting at 90 days and you are also allowed to make the next 10 days of ADR's on that day (even though it will be more than 90 days in advance)

So you should call (or go online as you can now make ADR's online) on 6/26. You will be allowed to make your ADR's for 9/24 and up to the next ten days of your trip on 6/26. HTH

Thank you so much. I meant to type June but I must have July on the brain. With all the rain we keep having up here, I swear its effecting the brain functioning.

I figured I had better check just to make sure before I miss the day.

Thanks again for all your help. I think I may just stick with the calling in rather than the online ADR's. I have read people's horror stories with the page freezing etc and then they dont know if they are really scheduled or not. I may just stick with the trusty phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter