The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I’m still really surprised Topolinos doesn’t have a kids menu, especially for breakfast when it’s a character meet.

I’m still really surprised Topolinos doesn’t have a kids menu, especially for breakfast when it’s a character meet.

Maybe they just haven't released it yet? They have one for California Grill, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't here. :confused3

I hope so! It’s so weird! Lol

Since kids meals are cheaper, maybe they need to nail down where they are sourcing it from etc before they decide what they can do cheaply.

I would guess they rushed the main menu to accommodate the 180 day ADR mark but didn’t want to rush The other elements.

I’m dying to know more about the quick service. Hopefully they release that info soon. I’m guessing they are also doing info in dribbles to maximize the hype for sales purposes. 5 more months!

Yay! Breakfast and dinner? I so want to do that but I also want to try every other place I haven't tried at Disney. It's only our 4th trip to WDW. I love the idea that being DVC owners, we will eventually have tried everything.

I hope you will share which one you like better? We have been less into character meals lately, but the food at breakfast sounds so good. I can't imagine missing the fireworks from there either though--although maybe we'll luck out with a good view from our room!

I hear you... we've taken a bit of a longer break due to having DD, so there are a ton of newer restaurants that we haven't tried yet. It'll take several trips to get to them all, even with booking more ADRs than we usually would for this trip since I just couldn't narrow it down any further. Not to mention it'll be our first WDW trip since I was pregnant, so I'll actually be able to enjoy any food/drink I want to. We have 5 character meals booked during a 10 night trip! DS adores the characters, and hopefully DD will too. I'll be happy to share how we like lunch vs. dinner at Topolino's.

Just purchased our first ever DVC contract, here at Riviera! Anxiously awaiting the paperwork so we can wrap up this process and make our first reservation!

Welcome home!! So exciting!!

I hear you... we've taken a bit of a longer break due to having DD, so there are a ton of newer restaurants that we haven't tried yet. It'll take several trips to get to them all, even with booking more ADRs than we usually would for this trip since I just couldn't narrow it down any further. Not to mention it'll be our first WDW trip since I was pregnant, so I'll actually be able to enjoy any food/drink I want to. We have 5 character meals booked during a 10 night trip! DS adores the characters, and hopefully DD will too. I'll be happy to share how we like lunch vs. dinner at Topolino's.

5 in 10, you really are making your way through the character meals! Awesome to do it while your babies are still young. We had to best time at 1900 Park Fare. Ask a stepsister why she ripped the dress if you are going. Hilarious. We liked Garden Grill for the characters and Cinderella’s because it’s castle.

When I start thinking of all the character meals we did it seems like a lot of places we’ve tried but then so many more to go. I keep saying we’ll go for a schedule that’s easy on the planning but then I start listing al the places I want this trip and it gets crazy fast, especially since I feel like there are a bunch of resort ones I want to get to.

Since we’ll be so close to Sebastian’s, the Dis crew has convinced me we should try there and I totally want to go for drinks at the new 3 Bridges plus it will be our first visit as DVC so Top of the World seems essential. And I haven’t even gotten to the main part of the list. Lol.

We just bought our first contract at Riviera a couple of weeks ago!! We are so excited to try it out, it looks so beautiful. Our first "Welcome Home" trip is booked for next March (split stay between BCV/AKL Jambo, savannah view)! We have also booked a stay for a week at Riviera in June, as soon as school is out! I just want to stay at all the DVC resorts but I am out of points already for next year, I'm trying to get my husband to add on contracts, lol:poop:

Thanks for the great thread!! We are fellow Riviera owners, and bought our first ever DVC contract here at 250 points (but already thinking of adding on...). The resort hits all of our sweet spots so we're really excited to see it! Our first trip will be President's Day Weekend to check it out. Keeping an eye on this thread until then. :)

We just bought our first contract at Riviera a couple of weeks ago!! We are so excited to try it out, it looks so beautiful. Our first "Welcome Home" trip is booked for next March (split stay between BCV/AKL Jambo, savannah view)! We have also booked a stay for a week at Riviera in June, as soon as school is out! I just want to stay at all the DVC resorts but I am out of points already for next year, I'm trying to get my husband to add on contracts, lol:poop:

Add-on-itis is real. I've already been looking too. Lol. We are doing AKL savannah view and Riviera too for next May, hopefully. Welcome and Congrats, neighbor!

Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer and I’m sure Disney has some serious security, but this was just in news up in Canada and their Gondola is the same as Disney’s...
.foxnews.com/world/sky-to-sky-gondola-cable-cut-canada

Just watched the extended video through this sweepstakes link:
https://artofriviera.com/
I really hope Topolino's is as good as it sounds.

Thanks for posting this! I hope so too... I felt like I really got their color palette after they put together the plate with the pretty bread. Super close to the colors on the rug in the living room.

Minnie => Minnie
Donald => Paperino
Daisy => Paperina
Goofy => Pippo
Pluto => Pluto

Thanks for posting this... I spent 4 months in Italy living with a host family and totally forgot how the younger brother loved Paperino and would go around the house yelling his name. Thank you for the nostalgia!

Don’t mean to be a Debbie Downer and I’m sure Disney has some serious security, but this was just in news up in Canada and their Gondola is the same as Disney’s...
.foxnews.com/world/sky-to-sky-gondola-cable-cut-canada

Interesting... I'm not worried though. I am sure Disney has cameras and many safeguards in place. There are so many places in Disney that people are vulnerable. The gondola doesn't concern me more than any of those.

Thanks for the great thread!! We are fellow Riviera owners, and bought our first ever DVC contract here at 250 points (but already thinking of adding on...). The resort hits all of our sweet spots so we're really excited to see it! Our first trip will be President's Day Weekend to check it out. Keeping an eye on this thread until then. :)

I missed your post... I know what you mean. We only bought 100 since we go every other year and figured we'd add on with resale in a few years, but the itch to book a 1-bedroom and therefore add on now is strong. Lol. I hope you report back on your trip! I'd love to hear about it!

I am contemplating booking a 5-night stay at the Riviera (if available) for March. For those of you who have seen the physical models, do the Tower Studios include a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, or is that only in the Deluxe Studio?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!