The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

This one shows a 3D concept of the Tower room

Thanks! I somehow never saw this particular video (though I have seen the models of the room). I love the renderings and computer modeling but there is something to be said about someone walking through the room. I think you get a better feel for the actual size, scope, and quality.

I must say some of the furnishings, especially in the lobby, don't strike me as "European Riviera" so much as "mid century eclectic." I can't say I really find them all that appealing but whatever, it is about location, amenities, and room configuration more than anything else for us.

anyone have video of the tower studios that will fit two people only? I haven't seen any
staying in the two person room (idk its name) in August. I am looking forward to the walkin shower and gondolas and new food options. I don't want a kitchen so this is a good option and I was wondering if anyone knows if these rooms are connecting?

anyone have video of the tower studios that will fit two people only? I haven't seen any
staying in the two person room (idk its name) in August. I am looking forward to the walkin shower and gondolas and new food options. I don't want a kitchen so this is a good option and I was wondering if anyone knows if these rooms are connecting?
So the tower studios are their name. They don't connect as they cut them kinda like a pie piece for the 24 rooms as well as the tower sticks out a bit

Just a PSA to the general message board population that this thread was created by the OP for people who are excited about Riviera. There are a bunch of threads for people to talk about all the things they don’t like or think they won’t like about Riviera. Please go to those threads. We are on this thread because we’re tired of reading negative opinions about it and wanted a positive thread. So if you don’t have anything positive to say, then please go to another thread. Thanks, and have a magical day.

Thank you for the PSA! I'm not an owner yet, but I'm a bit tired of the negativity as well and excited for those who purchased. Ever since I learned of the proposed location and saw the initial artist renderings of the resort a couple years back, I've had my heart set on adding on at RR which will be my third and final contract. The resort is absolutely lovely! For now, I'll live vicariously through new owners who have stays booked this month and are willing to post photos and videos. Our next trip to WDW won't be until fall of '21 and it's not likely that I'll add on by then, but I plan on booking a stay at the seven-month mark if I can get in. So excited already!

Just a PSA to the general message board population that this thread was created by the OP for people who are excited about Riviera. There are a bunch of threads for people to talk about all the things they don’t like or think they won’t like about Riviera. Please go to those threads. We are on this thread because we’re tired of reading negative opinions about it and wanted a positive thread. So if you don’t have anything positive to say, then please go to another thread. Thanks, and have a magical day.

You can count me in as a Riviera cheerleader! I booked it a while ago for an upcoming late December stay. We went down for a short weekend in November and we deliberately rode the Skyliner from EP IG to DHS so we could see the resort up close as we glided by. It looked gorgeous and my DS12 got really psyched about the pool! After seeing the videos, we are even more excited. The rooms look gorgeous and all of the amenities look great (pool, restaurants, etc.). I also love the Skyliner access! I think this is going to be a huge vacation win for our family!

thanks, everyone, for keeping up posting updates!! I was so excited to read it all! Kid activities have taken me over. 😆

I agree the style is understated. I think a lot of the French and Italian Riviera is like that, subtle with clean lines and colors. I am waiting until I’m in the lobby to have an opinion. It does seem a little mid century modern, but with the shops surrounding it in a circle, I think it will feel like Paris a little, in a metro station or the passages.

That could be why the ceiling is so low, and to make it feel homey. I do agree that after seeing the Grand Destino’s lobby, it feels short, but that’s a convention hotel and this is DVC with a very different art style.

l love the subtle Art Nouveau touches in the signs and ironwork. The pools aren’t really big but it’s hard to know until you see how many people are actually using it. Maybe they will have great pool security?

I love the simple art style of the resort. I think it will make it feel fresh every time we go. And grabbing a coffee on the way to my 6 minute commute to Epcot won’t make me angry.

Also, when we toured the model, the rooms felt huge, even with other people in them. Granted it made me want more points to stay in a 1-bedroom, but the studio felt big too.

I can understand anyone who likes a busier aesthetic not loving the beauty in simplicity with ornate touches. I want to try ALL the resorts. :-)

So the tower studios are their name. They don't connect as they cut them kinda like a pie piece for the 24 rooms as well as the tower sticks out a bit
Also, does anyone know where these particular rooms are located within the resort: which area and also how high up (can i request a lower floor)....near gondolas? near bus? near pool? etc. Thanks so much....

Also, does anyone know where these particular rooms are located within the resort: which area and also how high up (can i request a lower floor)....near gondolas? near bus? near pool? etc. Thanks so much....
If you're facing the resort they are on your right side and they corner that connects the wing to the main building. No clue on requests as there are only 24 of them and DVC is only booking 9 of them at the moment

I check in next month and the Room request options available during check-in are:
Upper Floor
Near Lobby
Lower Floor
Near Elevator
Near Transportation

Regarding the location of the tower rooms, someone already kind of touched on it, but to elaborate: if you look at an overhead picture of the resort, the tower studios are literally in the corner of the structure that looks rounded, like a tower (with the dome on top). They appear to be close to the gondola station but relatively far from dining and buses.

Regarding the location of the tower rooms, someone already kind of touched on it, but to elaborate: if you look at an overhead picture of the resort, the tower studios are literally in the corner of the structure that looks rounded, like a tower (with the dome on top). They appear to be close to the gondola station but relatively far from dining and buses.
define far? ! thanks

If you're facing the resort they are on your right side and they corner that connects the wing to the main building. No clue on requests as there are only 24 of them and DVC is only booking 9 of them at the moment
oh wow. so i guess it's good i got one of these rooms then if there are so few?! how exciting!

Yah, I want an upper floor, near the elevator. Near transportation (mainly the Skyliner) would be nice too.

Does anyone know if there are elevators in the wings? I'm hoping they don't have them just in the middle near the lobby. No reason to have to trek to the lobby only to have to trudge all the way back to the Skyliner if you are in that wing.

Yah, I want an upper floor, near the elevator. Near transportation (mainly the Skyliner) would be nice too.

Does anyone know if there are elevators in the wings? I'm hoping they don't have them just in the middle near the lobby. No reason to have to trek to the lobby only to have to trudge all the way back to the Skyliner if you are in that wing.
Each wing has it's own elevator bank as the wings are different number of stories. Though the elevators are right near the beginning of the wings (so closer to the "main building" portion of the resort). The resort is broken into the East and West Wings along with the "main building" which is supposed to the be the original (the story is the wings were added as the resort grew in popularity).

Honestly, after seeing the 3D model of the towers I think they will be great for short stays. We booked them for the night before and after our cruise but for those long weeks we take we will definitely stay in a preferred studio for the space and views. Even a 1Br at kidani was getting full with gifts we bought all during our honeymoon lol

Honestly, after seeing the 3D model of the towers I think they will be great for short stays. We booked them for the night before and after our cruise but for those long weeks we take we will definitely stay in a preferred studio for the space and views. Even a 1Br at kidani was getting full with gifts we bought all during our honeymoon lol

I agree completely. My wife and I like to make short trips without our kids (particularly during F&W) and the Towers should be great.

define far? ! thanks

This is my first time posting an image, so we’ll see if this works, lol. Anyway, in the map you can see the round tower on the far right-hand corner of the building. The walkway to the skyliner is above it, and way in the lower left of the image is the bus stop area. Most of the food options are in the wing on the left side of the building, on the light gray “nub” sticking up toward the pool area.

E847AFCF-0CB3-4160-9B12-D30CAA35EAD0.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter