The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I am contemplating booking a 5-night stay at the Riviera (if available) for March. For those of you who have seen the physical models, do the Tower Studios include a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, or is that only in the Deluxe Studio?
These are the amenities listed on WDW website for the Tower Studios:

Amenities

• Microwave
  • Paper plates and bowls, plastic utensils
  • Coffee Maker
  • Bathroom with a walk in shower
  • Built in desk
  • Wireless Internet Access
  • Flat panel TV
  • Private Porch or Balcony
  • Small Refrigerator
  • Iron & Ironing Board

I am contemplating booking a 5-night stay at the Riviera (if available) for March. For those of you who have seen the physical models, do the Tower Studios include a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, or is that only in the Deluxe Studio?

The models are just a 2-bedroom lockoff (so a 1-bedroom and studio). There is no model for the tower studio. Here's a floorpan though.

disneys-riviera-resort-tower-floor-plan.jpg

We had been thinking about DVC for years and when we went to purchase, we just couldn't buy a resale that didn't involve staying at the Riviera.

We have not pushed the button yet on buying RIV (but we are close) and this has been my thinking. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and not being able to stay at RIV or any other new resort swayed me in the direction to buy direct. And as a first time owner, I'm too excited about RIV to want any other home resort (although I absolutely loved our recent Boardwalk stay and considered buying that direct).

We have not pushed the button yet on buying RIV (but we are close) and this has been my thinking. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and not being able to stay at RIV or any other new resort swayed me in the direction to buy direct. And as a first time owner, I'm too excited about RIV to want any other home resort (although I absolutely loved our recent Boardwalk stay and considered buying that direct).

What's funny is now that we have a 100 points at Riviera and I know we can stay there, I have add on-itis in the worst way for a BLT resale.

What size contract are you wanting? Do you mind a split stay? You could always buy all the points you want in a Boardwalk resale and then add 75 at Riviera for the benefits and to stay there for at least part of each trip.

I struggled a lot with what felt almost like putting my stamp of approval on Disney's restrictions by buying Riviera, but in the end, that's where my family wants to stay the most. Also, some of the members here wrote some great posts about how the popularity of the resort will drive resale demand and therefore price more than anything. Good luck on your decision! And I salute your holding out so far... maybe Disney will realize the animosity they are causing just isn't worth it.

Just curious... have you told a Disney guide that's why you haven't purchased?

DRR will be Contemporary / BLT (not VGF) of Epcot.
With rooftop dining, fireworks views of two parks, gondolas and rooms that appear to be a cut above the existing Epcot resorts, I think Riviera will attract the same sort of guest as VGF by offering a more upscale experience. At a price of course, but regardless of how one wants to classify/compare it to other resorts, it will offer more bells and whistles than the current Epcot resorts.

I am struggling with price point though. Looking at cash option it is the same price as BLT. I don't know about that due to location, yes you have the gondolas but still.

I am struggling with price point though. Looking at cash option it is the same price as BLT. I don't know about that due to location, yes you have the gondolas but still.

Especially because Riviera is a fully DVC resort, it seems like their focus is more on promoting point sales vs one time cash stays. If that’s what you meant by “cash.” From a price per point standpoint, they’ve positioned Riviera to look more attractive by making BLT, for example, $225 per point versus Riviera’s $188. If a non-owner is looking to stay at Riviera, renting points from an owner is probably going to be the most economical way to go vs. cash through Disney.

I do agree that even renting, BLT is going to be the same price or cheaper than Riviera usually. But that’s par for the course... I doubt any future DVC rooms are going to be remotely close to the low point costs of olden day resorts.

I haven't been updating much because I've been busy planning our Universal trip that is in just over a week! We are spending one night at Disney though and I might sneak away one day while DH and DS are riding coasters I can't.

Here are some recent developments if you didn't see them elsewhere...

Skyliner operation hours released!!
https://mickeyblog.com/2019/09/18/37995/

Disney released a video of guests riding!!
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/09/theres-magic-in-the-air-with-new-disney-skyliner/

With rooftop dining, fireworks views of two parks, gondolas and rooms that appear to be a cut above the existing Epcot resorts, I think Riviera will attract the same sort of guest as VGF by offering a more upscale experience. At a price of course, but regardless of how one wants to classify/compare it to other resorts, it will offer more bells and whistles than the current Epcot resorts.

There are so many reasons we chose to buy there, and I completely agree. I'm so excited for when they release more info on the pools, other food options but especially when they open the Skyliner.

I think for some BLT will still be the better option. Magic Kingdom is more like Disneyland than any of the other parks so it's usually the park we spend the least amount of time visiting. For people who want to have a VERY short walk to HS and EP that is easy for strollers and ECVs, Riviera might make the most sense. I can understand the price, point chart, dues and restrictions all making people struggle, as we did too.

Especially because Riviera is a fully DVC resort, it seems like their focus is more on promoting point sales vs one time cash stays. If that’s what you meant by “cash.” From a price per point standpoint, they’ve positioned Riviera to look more attractive by making BLT, for example, $225 per point versus Riviera’s $188. If a non-owner is looking to stay at Riviera, renting points from an owner is probably going to be the most economical way to go vs. cash through Disney.

I do agree that even renting, BLT is going to be the same price or cheaper than Riviera usually. But that’s par for the course... I doubt any future DVC rooms are going to be remotely close to the low point costs of olden day resorts.

Yes, it will be interesting to see pricing for Reflections. That won't be walkable or on the monorail.

Not an owner but we did just switch a portion of our Spring Break trip to Riviera. Excited to stay here!

Exciting!!!

Anyone with info on Skyliner Limited Edition Magic Bands and how to get one?

We just got back from Orlando. It was just supposed to be a trip to see family and a few days at Universal, but since we are going in May and we get the AP discount for DVC now we became Passholders! Now I am on both coasts!

I scored last minute Fastpasses for us for FoP, 7DMT and Slinky Dog. It was such a great trip! We also rode the Skyliner, stopped by Geyser Point, Food & Wine and Top of the World Lounge and saw the Riviera models!

Anyone who bought without touring them and is nervous, don’t be... they are even more beautiful and spacious in person! I feel so happy about our purchase and can’t wait to stay there. I have no regrets at all, even after the Skyliner crash.

We rode it the day it opened and the day before it crashed. Riding them is peaceful and beautiful, and I was never hot in them, even though I was hot everywhere we went. I’m excited to ride them again, although my heart goes out to anyone who had to use a waste bag or entertain kids for 3 plus hours. That just sounds rough. Feel free to ask any questions!

Thank you soooooo much for this!!! We bought 75 points before the increase to 100 and plan to add on later with resale. Glad to meet some of my neighbors. :earsgirl:

I love hearing from people who are excited they bought there too.

We just bought our first DVC contract at Riviera. Can't wait to actually visit. We're coming in December (though booked elsewhere) and tour around.

Sorry if this has been covered already, but does anyone know whether Riviera will share buses to MK and AK with other resorts?
I was debating a 1 night cash stay over the Princess Half Weekend before our points stay at BCV. Our plan was to visit MK on the morning of the Princess Half, so we booked Poly to stay close by (given the road closures). My thought is Riv is not a good idea unless I want to sit on the bus for 1 hour+, but I'm torn given the new discount (35%).

Sorry if this has been covered already, but does anyone know whether Riviera will share buses to MK and AK with other resorts?
I was debating a 1 night cash stay over the Princess Half Weekend before our points stay at BCV. Our plan was to visit MK on the morning of the Princess Half, so we booked Poly to stay close by (given the road closures). My thought is Riv is not a good idea unless I want to sit on the bus for 1 hour+, but I'm torn given the new discount (35%).
I was told by our guide they would not be sharing but I think it’s an unknown until the resort opens. Maintenance fees are certainly high enough to warrant their own but I’m not counting on anything until it happens. As far as I know, it would be the only deluxe sharing with a moderate at wdw if it shared with Caribbean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!