The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We are in the process of purchasing here as well, and unlike others, the gondolas had no bearing in the decision- I actually have a pretty annoying fear of heights and don’t think I’d be able to handle them, sadly. We decided on Riviera because of the room size choices, length of contract and point price. Looking forward to seeing more info as it comes out! :)

We are in the process of purchasing here as well, and unlike others, the gondolas had no bearing in the decision- I actually have a pretty annoying fear of heights and don’t think I’d be able to handle them, sadly. We decided on Riviera because of the room size choices, length of contract and point price. Looking forward to seeing more info as it comes out! :)

Congrats on your purchase and welcome home, neighbor! That’s very interesting about the gondolas. May I ask, did you ever consider buying resale at say Bay Lake since it would check the boxes you mentioned?

We seriously considered there for those same reasons, but in the end, we were all too excited about the Riviera to buy points we couldn’t even use there and there was no way we were paying direct prices at Bay Lake.

"May I ask, did you ever consider buying resale at say Bay Lake since it would check the boxes you mentioned? "

Ah, yes - We also wanted a home that had studios for 5, which BLT doesn't have. I know Grand Floridian does, but I don't really love it there. Now if Poly had more room options, I definitely would have leaned heavier that way. :) Still have occasional moments of "did we make the right home choice?" lol

"May I ask, did you ever consider buying resale at say Bay Lake since it would check the boxes you mentioned? "

Ah, yes - We also wanted a home that had studios for 5, which BLT doesn't have. I know Grand Floridian does, but I don't really love it there. Now if Poly had more room options, I definitely would have leaned heavier that way. :) Still have occasional moments of "did we make the right home choice?" lol

I have had some of those same conversations in my head. I love the views and the walk at BLT but I just don’t get excited about the Contemporary and the studios seem really small. Also we live near Disneyland so after everything is open at HS, MK will probably be the park we spend the least amount of time at. We love the Poly too but my son is already 10 and I think this is probably the last trip we get away with not bringing a friend or cousin so 1 bedrooms would be essential.

I guess we won’t know if we made the right decision for sure until we stay there. :-)

Thanks for starting this thread!

We've officially closed now and I've officially booked our first reservation!
We're doing a 2 br for kicks -- the idea is the 1br would be our usually booking (not a studio -- we did not buy into DVC to stay in studios).

Now it's just waiting. and waiting and waiting. As my 5yo puts it (who walks around with the DVC backpack on) "Why is it taking so long???"

Eager to see first reports and pictures!

Thanks for starting this thread!

We've officially closed now and I've officially booked our first reservation!
We're doing a 2 br for kicks -- the idea is the 1br would be our usually booking (not a studio -- we did not buy into DVC to stay in studios).

Now it's just waiting. and waiting and waiting. As my 5yo puts it (who walks around with the DVC backpack on) "Why is it taking so long???"

Eager to see first reports and pictures!

I’m so jealous of your 2-bedroom!! That will be a great welcome home! I hope you post pics. We aren’t going until May. :-(

We bought back in April, got a good developer credit, and booked our first stay days later, over New Years! Already own at BLT and VGF, so RIV is like a mashup of BLT+VGF in the EP/HS area. (The decision was whether to add on more BLT points or RIV. Although our older points, mostly resale, are all grandfathered, I didn't want to be leaving it to the 7mo window to try RIV)

I love the new sign at the Riviera Skyliner station! Maybe it's because I'm a graphic designer, but the signs for a resort totally set the tone for me and I'm loving Riviera's so far.

disney-skyliner-construction-caribbean-beach-riviera-3-1068x712.jpg

https://blogmickey.com/2019/07/disney-skyliner-station-at-disneys-riviera-resort-nearing-completion/
The story says this includes 2 new concept art photos, but they seem to be captures from the video to me?
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-of-the-european-riviera-with-a-disney-twist/
Cool Aerial shots of Skyliner

I booked our first DVC trip yesterday- We will be home on February 9th! ⭐⭐⭐

Yay! We don't go until May. I'm super jealous. Lol. I hope you post all about it!

We bought back in April, got a good developer credit, and booked our first stay days later, over New Years! Already own at BLT and VGF, so RIV is like a mashup of BLT+VGF in the EP/HS area. (The decision was whether to add on more BLT points or RIV. Although our older points, mostly resale, are all grandfathered, I didn't want to be leaving it to the 7mo window to try RIV)

We had been thinking about DVC for years and when we went to purchase, we just couldn't buy a resale that didn't involve staying at the Riviera. We all just sat kind of open mouthed at the concept video. And the Skyliner reminds me so much of the Skyway from my childhood at Disneyland!
New Years should be an amazing trip with all those fireworks views! I hope you do a trip report!

We are not DVC members but we have just booked a last minute trip to Disney World and decided to book at Riviera 12/16-12/21. After booking the reservation I realized that’s the opening day. Super excited to be one of the first to stay in the hotel and post lots of pictures!

That's so exciting! Please please post pictures here or a link to your trip report? I can't wait to see opening day reports! Only at Disney would a trip booked 5 months in advance be considered "last minute." LOL. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Yay! We don't go until May. I'm super jealous. Lol. I hope you post all about it!

We had been thinking about DVC for years and when we went to purchase, we just couldn't buy a resale that didn't involve staying at the Riviera. We all just sat kind of open mouthed at the concept video. And the Skyliner reminds me so much of the Skyway from my childhood at Disneyland!
New Years should be an amazing trip with all those fireworks views! I hope you do a trip report!

That's so exciting! Please please post pictures here or a link to your trip report? I can't wait to see opening day reports! Only at Disney would a trip booked 5 months in advance be considered "last minute." LOL. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Yes! I will definitely post pictures and video right away! I know I keep trying to find any new construction videos I can so I will be sure to post pictures as soon as we check in!

Yes! I will definitely post pictures and video right away! I know I keep trying to find any new construction videos I can so I will be sure to post pictures as soon as we check in!

Awesome! I can’t wait. I’m definitely over the top looking for new video etc. Once the restaurants etc open, I’m going to be a lunatic. Lol

I’m not staying there until April, but we have breakfast and dinner ADRs at Topolino’s on opening day and the day after. I’ll try to take some photos to share!

Yay! Breakfast and dinner? I so want to do that but I also want to try every other place I haven't tried at Disney. It's only our 4th trip to WDW. I love the idea that being DVC owners, we will eventually have tried everything.

I hope you will share which one you like better? We have been less into character meals lately, but the food at breakfast sounds so good. I can't imagine missing the fireworks from there either though--although maybe we'll luck out with a good view from our room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!