Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

Here is the proposed construction schedule (page 436 with my PDF viewer)

3.0 Construction Detail
Construction Phase
Phase
Number
Phase Name Phase Type Start Date End Date Num Days
Week
Num Days Phase Description
1 Demolition Demolition 9/22/2020 12/16/2020 5 62
2 Site Preparation Site Preparation 12/17/2020 2/4/2021 5 36
3 Grading-Excavation Grading 2/5/2021 5/14/2021 5 71
4 Building Construction Building Construction 4/1/2021 1/10/2023 5 464
5 Paving Paving 1/11/2023 2/10/2023 5 23
6 Architectural Coating Architectural Coating 2/11/2023 3/15/2023 5 23
Acres of Grading (Site Preparation Phase): 18
According to this, tomorrow should start demo. We will see!

Hopefully there will be updates this week. We are anxious to see if this actually starts since reflections was just cancelled.

According to this, tomorrow should start demo. We will see!

Hopefully there will be updates this week. We are anxious to see if this actually starts since reflections was just cancelled.
A reasonably reliable source on another board indicated that the DLR Villas are delayed roughly 9 months due to COVID, but that they are continuing with no budget cuts. So we shall see!

We’ve had the same conversations. Since Disneyland is so much closer to us we are more likely to go there over WDW. As soon as this is available we are going to buy in.

A friend of ours owns at the Grand Californian. They never have any trouble making DVC reservations in Florida via DVC or a trade with another DVC member. I think this would be an added benefit to buying here.

Now with DL still closed and COVID still very much a thing, what do you guys think the price per point will be and when do you think they will start selling? I really want to own at DL since we only go for about 3 days every year. We stayed in GCA a couple years ago and loved it but the price is just too high for us at the moment. However things could be better down the line which is why I'm paying attention to the DL Tower. Thoughts?

Now with DL still closed and COVID still very much a thing, what do you guys think the price per point will be and when do you think they will start selling? I really want to own at DL since we only go for about 3 days every year. We stayed in GCA a couple years ago and loved it but the price is just too high for us at the moment. However things could be better down the line which is why I'm paying attention to the DL Tower. Thoughts?
I think it will be priced the same as whatever Riviera and Aulani are going for at the time; $10 more at most. Maybe $220?

I think it will be priced the same as whatever Riviera and Aulani are going for at the time; $10 more at most. Maybe $220?

I'll take equal to whatever BLT is going for direct, so $235 now, maybe $245 by then. Maybe you win by Price is Right rules haha.

I would not expect DLT to be cheaper in Price or Point Charts. Now one of those might be less expensive but I would not count on it. The big difference will be that DLT will be a new 50 year contract so its math likely will be a little better.
I don't expect it to be very different in point chart wise. Price I'm hoping for the $200-$210 range. Also GCA is just too much, with the resale prices I've seen, for us on a personal financial level as well. Hopefully we'll be in a better spot financially to be able to buy in a couple years when the buying opens up.

I think we see a 20% increase in point requirement with prices starting at $200/point. That means in fall it goes from 148 points to 175-180 points for a week in a studio.

Okay I was way off. With Riviera now going over $200/point I am going to readjust my prediction.

$235/point with 175-180 points for a week in a studio.

I'd really love to see what the grand villa goes for. I'm a socal native, but soon moving to orlando for business. When my wife and I have talked about it, we probably do 3 night stay max a year and would love to bring family when we're back in town. Those enormous outdoor balconies really pique my interest

Did they break ground yet? What’s the latest timeline? What is supposed to happen next in the name of progress?

Did they break ground yet? What’s the latest timeline? What is supposed to happen next in the name of progress?
Not as far as I’ve been able to discern. We are looking at a 2023 opening most likely. Anything new that comes up I’ll post here. Next is groundbreaking. Disney’s filings this summer implied (but did not outright state) that we’d be seeing site prep by now. It’s not clear if the ongoing DLR closure has impacted the timeline.

Disney included it in some hype videos they did earlier this month so as far as we know it’s still on the agenda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter