Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

I’m also excited about the addition of a new DL Resort! I’m hoping the units go on sale towards the end of 2022 and the Resort opens in 2023.

Here is the proposed construction schedule (page 436 with my PDF viewer)

If I remember properly from VGC California requires a higher level of completion before sales can begin. , so the end of 2022 sounds right . Of course start date and construction progress are always subject to variances

3.0 Construction Detail
Construction Phase
Phase
Number
Phase Name Phase Type Start Date End Date Num Days
Week
Num Days Phase Description
1 Demolition Demolition 9/22/2020 12/16/2020 5 62
2 Site Preparation Site Preparation 12/17/2020 2/4/2021 5 36
3 Grading-Excavation Grading 2/5/2021 5/14/2021 5 71
4 Building Construction Building Construction 4/1/2021 1/10/2023 5 464
5 Paving Paving 1/11/2023 2/10/2023 5 23
6 Architectural Coating Architectural Coating 2/11/2023 3/15/2023 5 23
Acres of Grading (Site Preparation Phase): 18

Here is the proposed construction schedule (page 436 with my PDF viewer)

If I remember properly from VGC California requires a higher level of completion before sales can begin. , so the end of 2022 sounds right . Of course start date and construction progress are always subject to variances

3.0 Construction Detail
Construction Phase
Phase
Number
Phase Name Phase Type Start Date End Date Num Days
Week
Num Days Phase Description
1 Demolition Demolition 9/22/2020 12/16/2020 5 62
2 Site Preparation Site Preparation 12/17/2020 2/4/2021 5 36
3 Grading-Excavation Grading 2/5/2021 5/14/2021 5 71
4 Building Construction Building Construction 4/1/2021 1/10/2023 5 464
5 Paving Paving 1/11/2023 2/10/2023 5 23
6 Architectural Coating Architectural Coating 2/11/2023 3/15/2023 5 23
Acres of Grading (Site Preparation Phase): 18

This feels so far away, but I guess it gives me time to save up money, hopefully!

I went through and mathed the current Disneyland hotel prices for their standard view rooms as well as their existing 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom suites vs the point chart for VGC. Now the DVC rooms will likely be at a premium to the existing rooms due to kitchenettes/kitchens, at other resorts its about 15%, so I used current rates +15%. When I add the 15%, the cash prices per night for Hotel Rooms and 2BRs at Disneyland Hotel are roughly comparable to SSR.

The simple payback (assuming no TVM) on a $250 per point buy in would be 12-35 years, depending on time of year and room type. Disney's DVC marketing materials currently state that you will save money in 6-12 years, depending on time of year and room type. Studios off season have the best payback for DLH, 2BRs at high season the worst.

Priced at $200 you get 9-28 years, at $180 (which is roughly the price for Aulani/Riviera right now after average incentives) you get 8-25 years.

I used $7.29 as dues, which is roughly average for DVC right now. It will be interesting to see what they actually do.

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing all the photos! I am really excited about this resort. The only reason I wouldn't purchase here is that I already own at VGC. This seems like a resort that will sell out fast and hold it's resale value. Also the resale restrictions are less of an issue here since there are many people on the West Coast that go to Disneyland every year, or multiple times a year. Staying at the same resort each time isn't as big a deal since there are only 2 deluxe resorts anyway.

I really hope they change the studio bed plan to include the 5th sleeper pull out bed like at BWV and RVA, it's kind of ridiculous when they have so many studios. I am surprised that it's so many studios, I guess they're taking the other extreme from what they did at CCV and PVB.

I imagine they are doing mostly studios here because many (myself included) might not spend more than 3 days vacationing here, so don't really need a kitchen.

With there only being two Grand Villas they are likely to have the same problem that VGC has, specifically there are times when getting a Grand Villa at the 11 month mark can be very difficult. Obviously not everyone wants the GV, but when you do it can be near impossible. For instance, right now you can't get a GV for June 20, 2021. It is booked several days past the current 11 month day. There are also weeks in April through June that have most of the days booked. The GV is also booked for February 20, the 7 month day.

Bummed that the upcoming Disneyland Tower DVC Studios (which is most of the rooms) have just the one shower.
Riviera's Deluxe Studios have two showers. But I do love double sinks so there's that... :-).
Curious what some of the little sketch elements are for DL (like to the left of the couch).
The two little circles at bottom right may be little round stools that tuck under a desk out of the way?
The floor plan for DL Studios is much more rectangular since likely will be rows and rows and rows of Studios
(instead of Riviera's which are more likely to be next to other room types).
FYI: I chopped off the deck from he Riviera.

DH @JavaDuck notices the dotted line by those two little round stools and is theorizing that may be a dinky bed for a small child. Or there clearly is room they *could* put a twin pulldown where the tv is. I was thinking about why there are less shower options and well... since there are SOOO many studios planned, that would be SOOO much more plumbing / things to break. That said, less showers leads to fewer people in a room more likely.

View attachment 512801

Curious what some of the little sketch elements are for DL (like to the left of the couch).

It looks to me like it's a small wardrobe or storage of some sort and next to it is the "kitchenette". I don't care for that location in a hotel room for the bar/sink area that so often is done and it wouldn't be my first choice in a studio.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter