Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

I just looked at the floor-by-floor layouts and noticed that all of the 1- and 2-bedroom units have balconies. Of course the Grand Villas have fantastic balconies too. None of the PODs or studios have balconies, other than the grand units which appear to have a patio.

That will make it the first DVC to not have balconies or patios for all rooms. :sad2:

I noticed it seems like there are very few balconies! I wonder if it has something to do with California law and/or insurance. They seem rare in Disneyland-area hotels, and the weather there would make a balcony a nice thing to have, especially compared to Florida.

I suspect the limited balconies for this development is to reduce neighborhood objections regarding noise. There is a residential neighborhood right across the street and the company’s images have emphasized how they have designed it to be visually unobtrusive on that side. Even though most of the balconies would be facing the other way toward the parks, maybe if there were a lot of them that could generate noise for the homeowners. I understand that the reason for the partial “tubes” around the Incredicoaster was to minimize the screaming noise that neighbors could hear.

Also the balconies for the 1BR and 2BR units look small. It looks like there will only be one balcony for 2BR units.

I’m also excited about the addition of a new DL Resort! I’m hoping the units go on sale towards the end of 2022 and the Resort opens in 2023.

I must be missing where you are seeing the meeting will be on July 20. I got on the City of Anaheim’s website to see if it would be live-streamed, and do not see a scheduled meeting until July 28. Can someone advise?

I’m also excited about the addition of a new DL Resort! I’m hoping the units go on sale towards the end of 2022 and the Resort opens in 2023.

I must be missing where you are seeing the meeting will be on July 20. I got on the City of Anaheim’s website to see if it would be live-streamed, and do not see a scheduled meeting until July 28. Can someone advise?
That’s what it says in the document linked in the first post. But dates are always subject to change.

The price per point and the point chart are really going to depend on the economy leading up to it going on the market. A few months ago, I thought Disney could be super aggressive on both and still sell out before it was finished. If this was going on the market in the next six months, I don’t think that would be the case anymore. I think Disney would have put it on the market at similar price per point and with a similar point chart to Riviera.

The price per point and the point chart are really going to depend on the economy leading up to it going on the market. A few months ago, I thought Disney could be super aggressive on both and still sell out before it was finished. If this was going on the market in the next six months, I don’t think that would be the case anymore. I think Disney would have put it on the market at similar price per point and with a similar point chart to Riviera.

It's not even a hole in the ground, really, right now. They have time.

The thing about DVC is that by far the majority of sale comes from onsite contacts who are feeling the magic of the visit. And all onsite resorts have not deviated a ton from each other in "speed" of selling. Some a little higher and some a little lower but the sales people do a decent job with hyping whatever is for sale at the time even if they aren't terribly aggressive on sales. For example SSR sold just fine although if you quizzed the members of the boards here I doubt you'd find it near the top of desired resorts to purchase if they could have their pick of any of them. ie - never a chance the new DL resort would sell out before it was finished. What I was waiting to see is if it would have slower sales than WDW resorts because of the large local mix in park at DL who would not be as inclined to purchase because they are day trippers.

Many significantly closer than this new tower will be. I mean the Tropicana has rooms with full kitchens literally 1 minute from the esplanade.
This type of thing is among the items that I think have a real chance to drag down the price they can charge for the new Disneyland DVC in the current economic climate. As said before, there is a lot of time before the resort opens for the economy to improve. Little doubt this current downturn will be in the rear view mirror when it goes on sale, but the mentality of the consumer coming out of economic downturn takes much longer to change. All of the things I was willing to ignore about the property before, come to the front of my mind now.

I, also, think the value of points of other resorts on the resale market will play an outsized role on sales at this resort. The number of people I have heard say they were planning on selling some of their existing contracts to help fund a new DLR purchase is amazing. A slumping resale market won’t move those people to the buyers column at DLR.

Last edited:
This type of thing is among the items that I think have a real chance to drag down the price they can charge for the new Disneyland DVC in the current economic climate. As said before, there is a lot of time before the resort opens for the economy to improve. Little doubt this current downturn will be in the rear view mirror when it goes on sale, but the mentality of the consumer coming out of economic downturn takes much longer to change. All of the things I was willing to ignore about the property before, come to the front of my mind now.

I, also, think the value of points of other resorts on the resale market will play an outsized role on on sales at this resort. The number of people I have heard say they were planning on selling some of their existing contracts to help fund a new DLR purchase is amazing. A slumping resale market won’t move those people to the buyers column at DLR.
This all plays into why I have severe doubts that the point chart will be more aggressive than VGC. They can’t change that later.

But they can do whatever they want with price per point, And if they want to start super high, and then incentivize like crazy if it goes south, they can do that all they’d like.

This all plays into why I have severe doubts that the point chart will be more aggressive than VGC. They can’t change that later.

But they can do whatever they want with price per point, And if they want to start super high, and then incentivize like crazy if it goes south, they can do that all they’d like.
Great point on discounting the price per point. Doing that, also, creates the impression for many that they are getting a much better deal than they actually are getting.

Many significantly closer than this new tower will be. I mean the Tropicana has rooms with full kitchens literally 1 minute from the esplanade.
That's a great point. We own at VGC which of course has its own entrance to DCA, but the walk to DL is pretty long. Tropicana is closer to DL than the VGC villas.

I often travel solo, and as a female, I'd rather walk a little farther within the Disney Bubble than outside of it. I like to linger at park closing, and the crowds really thin out. I don't believe it's unsafe, but since I don't live there, I don't recognize the regulars or have a solid grasp on the usual vibe of the neighborhood to better identify if something feels off. I usually stay as close to the crosswalk as I can, and that rules out some of the nicer (and cheaper) off site properties.

The main reason I like to stay in the Bubble though is to try to keep out The Real World as much as possible while on vacation. :flower:

We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Plus last time we were there. It’s right in front of the crosswalk with nice rooms and free breakfast.:earseek:

I think they need to add more discounts for DL visitor. Like discounted annual passes and some other perks to temp locals.

I think they need to add more discounts for DL visitor. Like discounted annual passes and some other perks to temp locals.

I believe people residing in a long list of Southern California zip codes do get discounted annual passes. They can also pay on them monthly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!