Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

CastAStone

Math and business nerd. Not an insider.
Welcome to the Disneyland Hotel DVC thread!
Until it has an official name I suggest we abbreviate it DHV (Disneyland Hotel Villas)

What we know so far:

A new, DVC exclusive Tower is now under construction on the site of the Disneyland Hotel at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. Some facts about the new tower
  • CURRENT STATUS: Site prep has begun! Land clearing has been spotted and work appears to be ongoing. (Last update May 2021)
  • ROOMS: It will have 350 rooms, 271 of which are studios (See post 5 for floor plans)
    • It will also have 38 “pods”, which appear similar to tower studios at Disney’s Riviera Resort (See post 4 for full breakdown by room type)
    • All 1BR, 2BR, and GV will have balconies, as will a handful of garden studios and “pods” (See post 2 for room layouts)
  • POOL: A new pool and splash pad is being built for the DVC tower (see post 3 for concept art)
  • DINING: No new dining is being added for this resort, although a pool bar is part of the new pool
  • CHECK IN: Guests will check in at the Disneyland Hotel, the DVC tower will not have dedicated check in
  • PARKING: Guests will use existing Disneyland Hotel parking facilities, parking will not be available adjacent to the DVC tower
  • LOCATION: It will be at the back end of the Disneyland Hotel property, where the Magic Kingdom Lawn, Goofy’s Health Club, and guest laundry previously were located, as well as some service buildings. You will walk through the Disneyland Hotel property and Downtown Disney to access the theme parks, or take the monorail to Disneyland Park
  • TIMING: Opening was most recently announced as planned for 2023, although it is possible it will be delayed by COVID.
  • ON SALE DATE: California has different timeshare laws than Florida and the expectation is the resort will go on sale closer to its opening date than recent Florida based DVC properties.
See below for concept art, floor plans, pool concept art, and room layouts!

Last edited:
Concept Art - more to come!
From S. Walnut Street looking ESE

Full ground floor site plan (off-center slightly white vertical rectangle is main hotel building; will be open on Ground floor (white triangles are building supports)

Pool Area (pool bar on Right, will be under main wing of hotel; Upper right and lower left are garden rooms)
Splash Pad (Mickey/art themed)

Last edited:
Here is a breakdown of the room types:

LevelPodStudioStudio LO1BR2BR DedicatedGVTotal
Total382531819202350

Last edited: 4 minutes ago

Last edited:

Really interesting! Thanks! I looked at the whole document and it seems like the POD rooms have a setback into the building that will restrict any view. Further, only a few of the rooms seems to have balconies. Lastly, the garden rooms look really interesting. If you want to be by the pool they would be great. It will be interesting to see how DVC breaks this into categories.

Another thing I noticed is that the studios don't have any connecting rooms between studios. Like other resorts studios can be a lock off next to a one-bedroom, making it a two-bedroom lock off. The Polynesian has studios that connect to each other, but I've heard a couple of complaints about that. I wonder if DVC isn't going to do that any more.

Interesting. Only 2 Grand Villas? This is mostly studios. I guess that sub-studio category must be working. Guess that's how they sell the most points and get the most cash. This thing will be sold before it is even done.

The studios also only appear to sleep 4, unless I'm missing something. The 1BRs sleep 5. Out of 350 rooms 309 are studios or pods so I guess Disney just doesn't think there are any families of 5?

Also what will the point chart look like for this if the resort is almost all studios and the minimum purchase is 100? This isn't WDW. I don't need a week. 3 nights is plenty.

Another thing I noticed is that the studios don't have any connecting rooms between studios. Like other resorts studios can be a lock off next to a one-bedroom, making it a two-bedroom lock off. The Polynesian has studios that connect to each other, but I've heard a couple of complaints about that. I wonder if DVC isn't going to do that any more.
Poly is the only DVC resort with connecting studios - a holdover from the hotel building as originally built. I doubt Disney will build that intentionally, although it's certainly not unusual to see posts on these boards wanting connecting studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter