Wait, What?! No gym at the Poly?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
Leaving for a weeks stay at the Poly DVC and just read that there's no fitness center. Is this correct?

Leaving for a weeks stay at the Poly DVC and just read that there's no fitness center. Is this correct?

Poly guests have access to the fitness center at GF. It’s in the building with the Senses spa that’s near the wedding pavilion, so it’s on the “Poly side” of GF.

It’s a relatively short walk, and a good chance to warm up. :-)

IMHO it’s a pretty decent fitness center for hotel standards.

I agree! I run regularly at home, but at Disney, nope! I’m way too tired for that!
Same here! :laughing:

I strength train 3 days/wk and probably do cardio 5 days/wk and love all things working out and fitness. Not happening on vacation, lol!
ha ha, Right! :lmao:

We go for two weeks at a time. I can't go two weeks without working out. It's a lifestyle choice I guess.
Yes its definitely a personal choice. I can see working out in the morning before you start your day....but there's no way i'd have the energy to do it after a long day at the parks. Again, personal choice. Good for you thou! :)

Off topic kind of....im amazed at people who can manage to workout during a disney vacation. I mean, there's so much walking involved as it is! Kudos to you people. :)

Admittedly, we haven't gone to the gym the last few times we've been, but we used to go to lift weights. You get lots of walking in at WDW, but no upper body so that's what we would do on our slower days. We didn't go to the GF gym when we were there but the BC and BWI gyms had a decent set of free weights and weight machines, including a smith machine and some cables. Some of the better equipped gyms compared to other hotels I've been to.

Same here! :laughing:

ha ha, Right! :lmao:

Yes its definitely a personal choice. I can see working out in the morning before you start your day....but there's no way i'd have the energy to do it after a long day at the parks. Again, personal choice. Good for you thou! :)

I squeeze it in when I can. I don't want it to interfere with my family's enjoyment of their vacation so some days I've worked out in the morning and I've also worked out at 10pm at night as well.

What I really miss at Disney is a lap pool. I don't use the gym facilities often, but I do like to wake up early and get a run in if I can. Like @saskdw, it's a lifestyle choice for me. I enjoy my workouts and actually miss my fitness routine when I take days off. Easy access to a lap pool at Disney would make my vacation!!

What I really miss at Disney is a lap pool. I don't use the gym facilities often, but I do like to wake up early and get a run in if I can. Like @saskdw, it's a lifestyle choice for me. I enjoy my workouts and actually miss my fitness routine when I take days off. Easy access to a lap pool at Disney would make my vacation!!

Our favorite resort is CSR and they have a lap pool beside the fitness center. :)

It's one of 3 quiet pools at CSR, but it's much bigger than the others and made for doing laps.

For our trip that begins this Sunday I selected Coronado and WL just because they have a gym.
I think to some, like myself, the day isn't the same without a morning workout.
It's like coffee to me. I'm slightly more grumpy without coffee than a workout.

Our favorite resort is CSR and they have a lap pool beside the fitness center. :)

It's one of 3 quiet pools at CSR, but it's much bigger than the others and made for doing laps.
We might need to revisit our choice to not stay at the moderate resorts! I did not know this about CSR. Thanks for letting me know!!!

Off topic kind of....im amazed at people who can manage to workout during a disney vacation. I mean, there's so much walking involved as it is! Kudos to you people. :)
I’m a morning walker who does anywhere from 5 to 7+ miles per day. We just got back from the Floridian, and for sure I did NOT log anything close to my usual distance by just walking in the parks and choosing to walk instead of using the trams at the Studios and AK. I did monorail area walking, and we walked the “horseshoe” around the lake at the EPCOT area resorts after lunch at Boardwalk. I really tried to get my miles—but failed to reach my usual on any day of our visit. The distance may seem long, but the actual miles covered are much shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter