Wait no January 2020 trip report thread yet? Guess I will start it.

We are here. Cabin 2635. Had to use chicken water to get Mallory to drink. Now on our way to a run disser meet, then expo then dinner. Have a ressie at Il Mulino but may cancel to check in Mallory. It’s been 17 years since we stayed in a cabin here. We like it.

3611EBED-A58A-4C63-B51D-757E3FA8F068.jpeg

BFE82DAC-54B2-402B-A2D9-66B6E6698D1E.jpeg

87C56CAB-49EE-4ABA-82DC-9E5A43BAE130.jpeg

I am in bed. Hopefully on the road by 6 am. That is really because we have to be in bed early tomorrow night for Saturday morning 2:30 alarm. I am still hoping for a PR but conditions don’t look too good. Should be dry but warm and humid.

Good luck with that 230 wakeup, Kris.

By the time I wake up in Central time zone you'll probably be finished but don't push yourself too hard.

Bama Ed

Conditions were pretty rough, warm and humid. We did have a breeze and that felt awesome but only when running into it. Was not the race I wanted, but am happy with how it went. Number 1 goal was not injure myself so I can keep training for my next big race. I think I accomplished that.

am ready to eat now. Going to Homecoming for brunch, give me all the comfort food.

Omg Homecomin after running 13.1 miles was awesome. I was planning on taking pics of the food but it came and we both stopped talking and eat. Really we did not talk we were so hungry. Then stuck around for a couple of cups of coffee.

i think now a nap then take Mallory out for a walk.

i forgot we are both pleased with our results. Definitely not our fastest half but for the conditions will take it. I finished in 1:56:37 and bert was 2:03:??

@Boomer1 great to see you. Mallory loved her visit. Hope we ”all” get to see you in October,

we took a nap after brunch. Bert slept better than I did but I did rest. around 2:30 we took Mallory for a walk.

BEFE763A-B355-4C8C-AA51-B60938CA457A.jpeg
this was good for everyone. We stopped at @FtW Mike but he was not home so we tried krista and tom. Yay tom was out. Mallory was very happy to see people. Demanding attention and kicking her front paws. Did my heart good. We chatted with them for a while then headed back.

0862E166-4D69-4F18-BE83-23847EB427D5.jpeg

D6A90C35-0230-493B-9BCC-80BC62CA9FE1.jpeg

mousekeeping was at the cabin when we returned but we came in and started doing Mallory stuff. We changed dinner from Morimoto Asia to California grille, yay no driving. Dinner was sushi.

99756206-640A-4588-B7B3-EAD37237AA42.jpeg

then waited a long time for a boat. It was 30 minutes and felt like forever.

am exhausted off to bed.

We changed dinner from Morimoto Asia to California grille, yay no driving. Dinner was sushi.
Kris,

How do you get a reservation to Cali Grill? (especially at the last minute) I just booked our trip for April (17-21) and tried for a resi on Sat/Sun/ or Monday for dinner. The only thing available was 9:30pm or later. We don't eat that late.

j

Kris,

How do you get a reservation to Cali Grill? (especially at the last minute) I just booked our trip for April (17-21) and tried for a resi on Sat/Sun/ or Monday for dinner. The only thing available was 9:30pm or later. We don't eat that late.

j
brunch is very hard since it is only Sunday from 10 am to 2pm. I have only gotten it at the 180+10 option. Funny thing for dinner was nit even planning ca grille, but after going to Disney springs in the morning just did not want to drive for dinner. checked when we got back and there was a ressie for 6 pm so snatched it up. I do think having a 2 person ressie helps. My only advice is keep checking.

brunch was amazing. Will post some pics after a nap. both of us slept really good last night but I was still up early. Bert’s ankle is bothering him a bit. I am just sore, so it’s all good. Race today would have been miserable. Disney actually cut part of it off about 11:30 am. There was a section in and out of blizzard beach. If you did not reach at some point they directed you past it. Would not cutoff much but 2 miles but I get it. We walked back from the boat dock and it was hot.

So good to see Mallory. She looked happy! Not sure of our camping in the RV plans. We didn't get good news on Arnold Friday. Will post on chat page.

Kris,

I have been trying for dinner (6pm-8pm) and this trip it is only 2 of us. I'll check back periodically. This will be a quick trip with only partial days to do things, but I will definitely be stalking things at the 180 day mark for the October trip.

j

@Teamubr wish it was magic, but I think I just got lucky. usual advice just keep checking.

i took very few pictures at brunch, but I got this. It’s fried dough with an orange bourbon sauce, and bourbon ice cream.

0D2B8ADD-69C2-4611-BA9D-ED3CE5C3A82A.jpeg
we had a great view

EBC3D66D-252D-42FA-AAE5-7DCA56824C59.jpeg

next we went left in a food coma and brought home our entrees for dinner. Next up was a nap. Then @FtW Mike came by with the savage sisters. They said hi to Mallory.

it took us a while to do anything today. We were pretty lazy. Finally we changed Mallory‘s bandage and went for a walk. Someone was ready to go.

420110A0-C182-437F-8A9E-195335BDB2D0.jpeg

it was twilight so I was hoping we might have some animal sightings for her. First she got quite a few pets and then our first sighting was Tom and Krista. Kidding guys, but yes we bumped into them on our walk and they had good news as the deer were out up ahead. Got some good pets and went up to see the deer.

E7286A7E-C606-49EA-94C6-F762F589C8D7.jpeg

they looked at her and she looked at them. She even barked but it did not scare them. She had a blast.

F71349F0-B842-4BE3-81FD-BE8F34964ED4.jpeg

then we followed the deer as they crossed at the crosswalk. You can kind of see it.

7D28206D-737C-492E-A264-D48FB75F2287.jpeg

back for packing up and dinner. One more food coma trip for TE bf tomorrow before we leave.

73DAE13D-12FB-4AE1-8320-F4B23FD2B6B2.jpeg

its a pretty good half medal this year.

Not liking the new phone upload at all. I had many images and stories to go with my TR but each time I go to upload them (even after resizing to landscape) turn sideways. That’s frustrating. And one doesn’t want to spend vacation mode in screen frustration mode trying to get them to load correctly. This is the only site that I have that issue with. Hope it gets resolved soon.
I used to have all kind of issues too (file too big, sideways, etc), but I found an easy fix that may work for you too, if you use Facebook. I take all my photos on my phone then post to Facebook. Then resave the photos from Facebook. I think Facebook formats the photos because I then can use those re-saved photos here with no issues. Strange, I know, and I have no clue why or how, just that it works :-).

Kris,

I have been trying for dinner (6pm-8pm) and this trip it is only 2 of us. I'll check back periodically. This will be a quick trip with only partial days to do things, but I will definitely be stalking things at the 180 day mark for the October trip.

j
A couple of years ago we couldn't get a last minute CG ressie (not surprised) so we took the boat over to have a drink at the bar. We ended up ordering dinner at the bar with no ressie. Might be worth trying as a last resort.

A couple of years ago we couldn't get a last minute CG ressie (not surprised) so we took the boat over to have a drink at the bar. We ended up ordering dinner at the bar with no ressie. Might be worth trying as a last resort.
I may try that. Last year I couldn't get a resi at CG. We took the little boat over anyway. No walkins being accepted so we walked down to the Wave. It was actually pretty good and the service was excellent. For some reason, we had never considered the Wave. Glad we tried it.

j

I may try that. Last year I couldn't get a resi at CG. We took the little boat over anyway. No walkins being accepted so we walked down to the Wave. It was actually pretty good and the service was excellent. For some reason, we had never considered the Wave. Glad we tried it.

j
We like the wave a lot as well. We try to get over there for breakfast at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!