Wait List Coming Through? - February 25 deadline

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
First, in questioning a couple of Guides to determine what part of the buying process do you have to be in to "meet the qualifications" of the 25th deadline. I got the impression they has a recent meeting and the conscience I was told is the contract must be signed by the 24th.

I have been on several wait lists for a couple of weeks for 25 points. My guide told me this week I have NO HOPE in any filling before the deadline. As I was questioning the length of the various wait lists, he said all the wait list were long and currently not accepting any more for SSR.

Has anyone had their wait list filled in the last couple of weeks? If so which resort and how long had you been on the wait list?

Boardwalk and we were on the wait list for 2 days only

Hoping you get your points soon!

I got on the waitlist for SSR points (50 points) the day the announcement came out regarding the new minimum of 75 points, and my waitlist cleared within 2 hours. They had points available when I called, but I had to go on the waitlist as they made everyone go on the waitlist that day because too many calls were coming in. So even though points were available they could only sell them through the waitlist so they could keep everything straight and not sell the same points twice.

First, in questioning a couple of Guides to determine what part of the buying process do you have to be in to "meet the qualifications" of the 25th deadline. I got the impression they has a recent meeting and the conscience I was told is the contract must be signed by the 24th.

I have been on several wait lists for a couple of weeks for 25 points. My guide told me this week I have NO HOPE in any filling before the deadline. As I was questioning the length of the various wait lists, he said all the wait list were long and currently not accepting any more for SSR.

Has anyone had their wait list filled in the last couple of weeks? If so which resort and how long had you been on the wait list?
Which UY are you looking for? I told them I would take any UY, after he told me that my requested APR UY would likely not happen before the deadline.

We called on Sunday (2/11) and got on a waitlist for SSR (Dec UY). Got the call it came through on Wednesday (2/14). Paid via credit card that day (points were available in our account and my credit card was charged same day). Got our paperwork on Monday (2/19). Last page to sign (deed) was missing. Called our guide, got the paperwork re-sent, arriving today. I asked my guide if this would be a problem as the contract won't be closed before 2/25. I was told that because it's in the system, we're all set.

I also was thinking that 1) b/c they already took my money we're fine and 2) this extra delay is not our fault, but Disney's (b/c they forgot to include the last page - otherwise I would have mailed it back on 2/20).

After giving up hope and ready to buy at aulani, called this afternoon to be surprised that one of our waitlists came through for AKL OCT UY, awesome news since that is where we wanted to add on for our next contract

After giving up hope and ready to buy at aulani, called this afternoon to be surprised that one of our waitlists came through for AKL OCT UY, awesome news since that is where we wanted to add on for our next contract

When did you get on the WL? I am about to do the same with Aulani...

There is no wait list for Aulani. DVD will be glad to sell you points direct for any use year.

I know...I was just hoping some something in WDW. I could do Auluani as I do typically book at 7mo and when I NEED 11, I book at home. Was just hoping to get a call that something came through at WDW.

Are you planning for Auluani if you don't get the call?

Just curious... but from reading various threads on trying to add direct points, it seems that a lot of guides don't even call their wait list customers when their points become available. I've seen a lot of people stating that they had given up or just decided to check in with their guides and that is when they find out their wait list had come through. Is this normal? It makes it seem so random as to how some are able to successfully get their points.

I know...I was just hoping some something in WDW. I could do Auluani as I do typically book at 7mo and when I NEED 11, I book at home. Was just hoping to get a call that something came through at WDW.

Are you planning for Auluani if you don't get the call?

At this point, no. I do not own at Auluani and 25 points would not help me at the 11th month mark. I currently have the benefits prior to the April 2016 change (3 separate resale contracts). I wanted the 25 points as insurance. IMO this is the first step in taking the benefits away from everyone that does not have a minimum of 25 points purchased direct. The next step will be to take away benefits unless you have a minimum of 75 points direct.

I hope a miracle happens and my wait list fills by tomorrow, however, I am not very hopeful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter