Wait list 1 night and cancelling current reservation for only 1 night ?

luvbwv

Half of my heart is in heaven.
I wasn't sure how to title this!!!
I currently have reservations for September. I want to change resorts for the last night. The resort I want has to be wait listed at this time. Can I wait list the last night and cancel just the last night of my ressie if the wait list comes through? I would like to use the points from the current ressie and not have to use any additional points. I would think I would have to call and not do it online. I am just a bit nervous because I don't want to lose the whole reservation. TIA:thanks:

You need to call member services to work out the details for this. You can wait list the other resort you want for that one night. Member Services will have to alter your original reservation to make this happen but they can enter detailed notes and handle it for you. It will basically say, "if the wait list for resort xyz for one night becomes available, alter the reservation at resort abc for the very last night only to fulfill this wait list". i would be VERY clear with them and ask them to read the notation back to you indication that you only want to switch that very last night...

You can do it online if you want as I have done it before. I have not yet had an issue with it adjusting for just the night I want. However, when I have done it, it was for a vacation at a time where I wasn't so concerned about having somewhere to stay if things messed up. However, if you call MS, you can be sure that it is done correctly as you can talk to them. Sometimes, I have set it up and then called to verify it is done correctly.

So what *I* did was that I knew I wanted to split stay and I wanted half at my home resort (Poly) and the second half at BCV in February. I booked with home resort advantage in April with two separate reservations at my home resort. The second reservation is what I waitlisted for BCV so that the waitlist would kick in on just that portion and I wouldn't run the risk of losing any nights (because yes, even in February, you can't book 7 months out at Beach Club). If I hadn't gotten my waitlist for Beach Club, I would have called and merged my two Poly reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter