VWL showers

Disney st8 of mind

Mouseketeer
Am I the only one that thinks the showers in the (not studio) villas were just not designed properly? During our first stay there last year we immediately noticed that the water knob in the stand up showers was on the wall waaaaaaaaaay on the other side from the door. Unless you have 7 foot long arms you can't reach it to turn on the shower without actually getting in. Of course the water immediately comes shooting out and soaking you! It's not a huge deal if you're the one taking the shower (other than the initial blast of cold water) but it is an inconvenience if you're turning on the shower for a child that is not old enough to properly regulate the temperature. As a reference, at the BC the knob is on the side wall where it can easily be reached from outside the shower. We tried to be creative and use the broom handle to turn in on but it once slipped and hit the glass wall, so for fear of breaking the glass we did not use that method again :upsidedow.

Yep. I agree that it's very strange. But I am used to it since HHI is the same way. We don't travel with young kids, but I see how that would be a problem. Who knows what someone was thinking when they designed those showers?

It's nothing I recall in particular but am planning a bathroom remodel with walk in shower so I'm very aware of that type of issue as I figure out where to place the shower head and controls! Otherwise I'm pretty good at noticing and turning a shower head away before turning on water. I do know I have to do that at most of the DVC resorts.

Am I the only one that thinks the showers in the (not studio) villas were just not designed properly? During our first stay there last year we immediately noticed that the water knob in the stand up showers was on the wall waaaaaaaaaay on the other side from the door. Unless you have 7 foot long arms you can't reach it to turn on the shower without actually getting in. Of course the water immediately comes shooting out and soaking you! It's not a huge deal if you're the one taking the shower (other than the initial blast of cold water) but it is an inconvenience if you're turning on the shower for a child that is not old enough to properly regulate the temperature. As a reference, at the BC the knob is on the side wall where it can easily be reached from outside the shower. We tried to be creative and use the broom handle to turn in on but it once slipped and hit the glass wall, so for fear of breaking the glass we did not use that method again :upsidedow.

When we were at VWL earlier this month, I turned the shower head towards the wall before turning on the shower. Then I didn't get a big wake up with too cold or too hot water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter